Already working on that. I still need to get rid of an apartment with terrible neighbors⦠But had to focus on recovering from the chemical burns first.
Iāve lived in more than one country, I know what the process looks like.
Yeap, the dysfunctional family members have to go. Along with the controlling culture of Latin America as a wholeā¦
Collectivism sucks, you end up under intense social pressure over the smallest of things⦠You missed a wrinkle when ironing your shirt? People will mock you. And donāt even think about wearing a t-shirt, they will look down on you⦠And donāt even think about changing careers, inventing something new, reading books instead of watching TV with a group, or taking your own decisions⦠You will get mistreated. Also, Latin America is covertly racist and openly homophobic.
Been working on myself for a while now. But Iām staying away from the mushrooms because I grew up in a cult and I later found out that they used them on me without my consent⦠So I had a nightmare with those already and donāt want to deal with those symptoms again. However, I found significant relief in EMDR.
Thatās the most important part, and itās going to take me a while because of it. But Iām heading to Europe once I get a bunch of things sorted out⦠Iām too much of an rebel for the third world.
Not sure if it was my effort to move past trauma, the western role models that I had, the homeschooling (before the cult), my personality and strong reality testing, or a combination of multiple factors. But Iām not going to change myself to fit in or please others.
Rigol MHO934, which is exactly the same hardware as the 800MHz MHO984. So hypotheticallyā¦
And you can hypothetically the dual channel 100MHz signal generator as well.
Although itās probably a bit different from the 1GHz MHO98, as that model was a limited edition. Maybe they binned their custom ASICs for the front end of that model?
There are better scopes for that bandwidth, but this one is pretty good for a lot of stuff, and it can run off a power bank. So maybe a 3D painted holder for one might be in order.
Iām familiar with the older 8 bit Siglent SDS1104X-E. Those are good scopes! Especially for the price and if you consider the hypotheticalsā¦
However, Siglent increased the prices of their logic analyzer and signal generator modules significantly now that software licenses are not required to use them.
I will freely admit that Iām ignorant of a great many details of life in europe. But Iād probably start by picking a climate. So a gentle year round climate with on the water living would be my prime choice. On the Mediterranean Sea, Perhaps? Spain, Italy, France. Iām thinking Italy (for me, hypothetically). After that it gets a lot easier to pick a spot.
Ehh.. depends on where exactly. From what I hear, nice quiet little towns in Italy have a kind of.. everyone is in everyoneās business kind of thing going on.. having lunch at 11:45 instead of noon? The whole neighborhood will be suspicious of what youāre up to. Want to work on some cool electronics projects? Seems sus..
Thatās what I hate the most about Latin America⦠And that still happens in big cities throughout the region.
That and the obsession with imaginary but rigid hierarchies, subservience, superficial signaling, etc⦠In other words, the legacy of medieval Catholicism.
While I was born in Colombia, Iām also Portuguese. And I donāt want to deal with visas or residence permits⦠And Portugal is rather nice.
Itās a small continent with plenty of countries and cultures. But most of those cultures tend to be more individualistic than the third world.
Yeap⦠Still, some cities are better than others. I dislike heavy traffic and prefer places where you actually have the option to walk.
I have picks, but no skill at it. So, only cheapie locks open for me. That said, itās an amazing thing when you can get into someplace after youāve lost or locked in the keys. Iāve legit used this skill succesfully 3-4 times now.
I also once bought a safe at an auction without a combination. Spent a pretty nice afternoon working it out.