The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

To me it seems like a/the next level of personal data and incorporation into our persona

20 years ago, the idea of having convenient access to all or even most of your data, in your every day person was ludicrous

Then came laptops, allowing us to sort of have access to most or a good chunk of data, but not really on your everyday person

Then came smart phones which have exploded in capacity, always with you, but now we are seeing the first world problems of, did I save that to this phone or my old phoneā€¦

Also itā€™s still a physical object can is easily lost or stolen

I have a home cloud storage that I try to use as my main point of data storage, but there completely dependent on access to the internet

I donā€™t really care about the means of conveyance wifi/ble/rfid/nfc/direct electrical contacts

But I love the idea of local media becoming local in the most absolute definition

Obviously a 4tb drive isnā€™t going to be immediately within reach as an implant, but we also didnā€™t foresee the possibility of a 1tb SD card a decade ago

1 Like

Thatā€™s fair. I too want to be able to touch a data terminal and have it transfer terabytes of information to and from my physical person on a whim. Thatā€™s some next level shit though. Sometimes experimenting when a technology is in its infancy is a productive means of advancing it to the point that you want it to be more rapidly.

Sorry I let the practicality cloud my vision.

Itā€™s all good, I get why having to power it with a wireless battery charger is a bit extra

Iā€™m just looking at it from the perspective of,
We have the memory density more or less with ssd
We have the bio polymer with Amalā€™s special sauce

We are so close, just need to figure how to be able to interact with it

1 Like

Almost :slight_smile: I definitely use one of mine to give out a standalone vCard. Thatā€™s pure underskin data storage - albeit very little data. It hardly qualifies as bodily enhancement, but it is convenient for sure.

2 Likes

Storing wallets, Decryption keys and emergency scripts behind a well protected custom applet is the Raison Dā€™ĆŖtre of my DF2 chip. Access control is just a cool bonus.

That said, if I can have the correct scripts stored I dont need more than a handful bytes of dataā€¦ so I wouldnā€™t go for mass storage, unless I can access it through some sort of augmented appendage (i.e. cyber eye, or implanted earphones)

Agree.

Hence why I tend to give a more positive hand to experimental folks, even if I canā€™t see a good use for the experiment.

While in London in 2018 for the accelerator program we got VivoKey into, I had to buy some clothes from M&Sā€¦ still not used to the UK / London pricesā€¦ wife and I joked the place should be called ā€œMarks & Spendersā€ ā€¦ my favourite part of course is the play on Marks ā€¦ and yes I did spell favorite like that just for you UKers :wink:

1 Like

And most (if not all) other English speaking countries.
Including :canada:
How does your Canadian wife spell colour, honour, favourite etc?

2 Likes

Iā€™m straight up American, and proud of every inch, foot, and yard. But, I still have a slight tendency to the use of colour, harbour, grey, in stead of gray. Comes from reading old sailing novels in my youth.

Captain Horatio Hornblower is my idea of a hero.

1 Like

She spells them aboot right I reckon.

ā€œAbootā€ is the greatest lie ever told about Canadians. I was so disappointed. Itā€™s more like ā€œaboatā€

1 Like

No wayā€¦ Iā€™ve heard it myself (wifeā€™s Canadian)ā€¦ but itā€™s split east vs westā€¦ west is aboat, east is aboot. There are many examples like that actuallyā€¦ same as words sound different on east vs west coast of the US

Accents are like assholes: everybody has one.

Really? I have never heard anyone say aboot before! Newfies included

Yepā€¦ half her fam from halifax and surrounding area and plenty of boots comin outta there ya hoser hahah

2 Likes

Weird. Actually I was watching a video with an American turned Canadian journalist who said ā€œabootā€ and all the Canadians watching with me pointed out that that was totally fake.

Now I feel cheated and confused. They must be trying to hide it from me.

Haha well I think itā€™s probably very isolated to be honestā€¦ but there are other similar words that are said differently on west vs east coast of canada that are both nothing close to the US version from either coastā€¦

Like asphaltā€¦ they literally add a letter to say it like ashfault. Ashā€¦ faultā€¦ yeah wtf.

What really gets me though are the flattening of vowels, particularly the aā€¦ so like we say pasta like paw staw but they say it paa staa ā€¦the a in any word always sounds like aaaaaaa ā€¦ Mazda car brand ā€¦ a name that is based on japanese phonetic letters Ma Zu Da (maw zoo daw) sounds in canada like maa zoo daaā€¦ drama ā€¦ draamaa not draw mawā€¦ it comes streaming across the radio waves from Canadia FM we pick up down here across the border and itā€™s like spikes in my ears.

Canadian raising, eh?

1 Like

Worry not! :face_with_hand_over_mouth: I found you a quick tutorial aboot :canada: pronunciation. :point_down:

3 Likes

Has anybody else seen these on Red Bubble?

Clearly not the sanctioned merchandise like below

1 Like