The anti🚫-derailment🚃 & thread🧵 hijacking🔫 thread🧵 ⁉

There are plenty of average disc detailer locks to train on here in Finland. Pin tumbler locks are fairly rare here. Almost all doors have disc detainers. They range from utter no-name shit to Protecs, and anything in-between.

I wonder why that is. :thinking: Maybe because the simpler design without any springs is more reliable in the cold weather? Or it’s just a Finnish thing because Abloy invented them and it was a major national company?
I went to the Helsinki Museum of design and they had little teeny tiny Abloys on their lockers, for gods sake. Talk about overkill :slight_smile:

Ice. It’s just ice. You don’t want a frozen pin tumbler.

Sounds like a yes to me! :wink:

1 Like

lots of people here usually keep the junk mail in the winter, they are usually good kindling for the fireplace:)

Many years ago, I bought a large briquette-making machine and I purposedly subscribed to every possible mail-order garbage I could find. Very soon, the mailman was delivering many pounds of free fuel to my doorstep every day. I would take the junk mail, soak it in a large plastic vat, pulp it with a hand drill and a pulping rotating tool thingy, feed the briquette maker, then let the briquettes dry outside. I had more than enough briquettes to heat the house all year long without spending a penny on heating fuel.

That lasted for a while, until the chimney sweep informed me that my chimney was utterly fucked. It turns out the papers adversing pamphlets and catalogs is printed on is often plasticized, and full of inks that generate a lot of nasty sticky shit when they burn. Not to mention, the amount of pollution is off the chart - but I didn’t know that back then.

So eventually I quit doing that. Shame, it was really cheap and very convenient.

3 Likes

Hey Amal, how’s your French? Looks like now might be a good time to relocate DT to France. Seeing as though you were considering moving out of the US…

Unless of course that deal you got going with the guvmint supplying millions of covert tracking and mind control devices is sweeter of course :slight_smile:

Les terribles

I did see that article earlier and had… thoughts.

Isn’t the DT superyacht currently wintering in the bay of Saint Tropez? You could combine business and pleasure and set up shop there.

#nocontext
burrito

4 Likes

Nor sure why, I blame 2077 for the taser knuckles discussion

I fear more is heading our way

1 Like

@Coma, Are you done with the lemon treatments yet? How’s it looking?

Totally fair. The cyborg hype train has left the station and we’re one of the first stops.

Most definitely. Steel yourself for some seriously inane ideas from well meaning people who just won’t take a hint. That’s why Pilgrim’s first move was to provide that guy with the address of biohack.me

300px-We_Don't_Do_That_Here
ʳⁱᵖ ᶜʰᵃᵈʷⁱᶜᵏ

3 Likes

4d4z56

I did the last treatment today - it’s now 9 weeks old, and it hasn’t changed much recently, so I don’t think additional treatments will have a big effect.
I’m very happy with it, and my artist already told me that some slight irregularities are a) normal and b) something he might just rework a bit. Looking forward for more! :wink:

6 Likes

Looking good. Not my cup of tea, but I can sure admire the artistry of it.

1 Like

Looks stunning!!
Really got a nice artist there! and a well dedicated canvas too!! :wink:

1 Like

Yep, very happy about that, too!
I currently plan on getting at least my arms and legs decorated that way, too, and maybe the sides of my torso as well… quite a long-term project (and totally blocked because of lockdown, currently), and I’m sooo looking forward to it :wink:

1 Like

That sounds like a wicked project!!

Bet will look stunning! :star_struck:

1 Like

wild! looking forward to seeing that progress

1 Like