The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Thats a great add on functionality

1 Like

@amal @anon3825968

Instead of detailing they thread further

ā€œBuffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffaloā€ is a grammatically correct sentence in English

I tried with a couple of fobs, (all I had handy) it APPEARED to read OK, but no go on the write.

Man, that construction is just sad. From the hot glued antenna (without even a recess to hold it in place) to the separate membrane squares per button, the whole thing oozes cheap. Itā€™s like they didnā€™t want to use any custom tooling at all, and reused the housing for another product.

DW9PHx

Thats because it was.

I bought it probably 2 years ago, and has been sitting in my DRAWER for that same amount of time.
I didnā€™t expect it to do xSeries, and at that stage there were no LF Flexies.

I saw it when I was ferreting around in my DRAWERS :wink: and wondered if it would work on a FlexEM.
If so, It would be an small, light, cheap reader/writer to carry with you for ā€œon the flyā€

The fobs are the closest thing to a FlexEM, but it looks like a failureā€¦ but at least now I know something I didnt before.

I will still do a little more testing to see what it can read and write.

I just saw Amals post above, and yeah, that will be itā€™s fate if it canā€™t carry itā€™s weight.

DW9PHx

1 Like

Threw a bitmap on as a test (no trademark violation intended :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

I ended up having to turn on some scaling, otherwise I think itā€™s just too small to read from my driverā€™s seat:

Going to print a new front panel overnight, should have some photos in the CaRFID thread some time in the next day. These screens are absolutely amazing. Theyā€™re tiny, but super, super bright and crisp.

EDIT: Just noticed that in the photos the light illuminates my solder job :frowning: I promise, the joints are sturdy :wink: Had to desolder and resolder a few times to change the connector I put on it. Iā€™ll probably clean them up again before I install it in my car.

11 Likes

You clever little Fucker.

That is COOL as FUCK :+1:

3 Likes

As Amal said, Rubbish :poop:

• I only tested on a HID Prox and EM410x
  • Of those two, the cloner would only read EM410x
  • I managed to read from EM410x fob but could not write to to another fob,
  • I could write from the fob to a card
  • I could not read nor write to a FlexEm ( Facsimile )

I may put the antenna on the outside and try again, But I think it will make very little difference.

Rating 4.5 :poop:

1 Like

Some guys are currently putting new windows into our house, so Iā€™m sitting in the kitchen (last warm room, currently :grimacing: ) and Iā€™m slightly bored, so I decided to tinker with my implant a bitā€¦ thatā€™s what finally happened:

Pretty happy with it :wink:
Just have to fixate the reader behind it and find some nice wall to hang it up on :smile:

11 Likes

That looks really Awesome

Very artistic
:+1:

Ohh, Ooh, Ohhh
You know what would be just a little bit more awesomer???

Where you power button shows on the X-Ray, have a touch sensor behind it to switch it and light it upā€¦

AND

Sending you WARM thoughts

Thanks - especially for the warm thoughts. Why on earth do we have to order new windows when itā€™s finally getting cold here? Sighā€¦

Yeah, the power-button-switch would be fun, but Iā€™m too little of a tinkerer to get that done - I just Dremelā€™ed a little gap into the wooden frame to move the cable through and painted the frame itself, thatā€™s basically it :smile:

But Iā€™m glad you liked it!

1 Like

That is a brilliant tool!

Currently I use this one:

But your adapter sounds like a must!!

Alsoā€¦

niiiiiice!!

Looking cool!!

Lenticular image! (cheesy, I know)

Light box istallation!!! Itā€™s all about light boxes. ACTUALLY: you can get electroluminescent sheets for (I guesstimate it to be) A5.

1 Like

4 Likes

Not with the correct parts. (I found these on wish)
Easy peasy, Lemon squeezey :lemon:

Pre-made and disassembled by you. for around :euro: 8
Has touch on/off and a bunch of LEDs you can redistribute and a battery pack.

Actually, the way you have done yours already, is waayyy better.
Iā€™ll climb back into my hole.

BUT

When I searched for that mirror, the very first reccomendation after it was this enamel pin.

My search history and reccomendations are going to be weird for a whileā€¦

2 Likes

Haha! I already infected your browser with the unicorn-virus! :smile:
Taking into account that it all started as a stupid little joke some years ago, there are surpisingly many unicorn-y things around me by nowā€¦ and now I spread it even furtherā€¦

rage

Ƥhem.

To the picture itself - well, I might be optimizing it a bit if I find the time, but I think Iā€™ll wait until our house is ā€œdoneā€ with renovation, so I know where to hang it :wink: Maybe it can be combined with something in a cool way I currently canā€™t think of, simply because currently Iā€™m not even sure on which wall colours to choose and such :smile:

1 Like

Where in godā€™s name you find that many different unicorn pics, is what Iā€™m wonderingā€¦

A lady has to keep her secretsā€¦ :wink:

1 Like

I draw you a unicorn if you :heart:Like one more post!