The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

PROTIP: at -40 both scales overlap

2 Likes

FMSW! That is painfully cold :cold_face:
How far do you live from Helsinki?

Thatā€™s a hard pass

Doesnā€™t that make your location colder than Mars at the moment @anon3825968?
Edit
Nope, close though -49c is the number to beat

Iā€™ve been to -32 freedom units. I do not ever wish to reenact that experience.

1 Like

Not really,
Rosco is in Finland and Less than 10 countries in the world use Fahrenheit mostly just United States and its territories.

Fun Fact

Even Liberia and Myanmar use Celcius ( The only other 2 countries that use the imperial / ā€œstandardā€ units of measure )

Hey, Iā€™ve busted Rosco using freedom units often enough lol

Donā€™t deny me my fun

Haha, Trueā€¦ But he is OLD :wink:

May the be with you, Rosco!

Iā€™m in Oulu, but I live further inland. Itā€™s always colder than in Oulu proper.

Younger than you think bubba :slight_smile: In any case, youā€™re only as old as you think you are in your head.

My car isnā€™t equipped with a block heater / battery heater / interior heater and all that jazz. The reason being, I imported it from Belgium and itā€™s still on Belgian plates, because the Finnish DMV is incredibly slow at normal times, and is even slower because of the coronavirus. I donā€™t want to invest money outfitting that car if the import tax and the money to winterize it turn out to be more expensive than the residual value of the car. If it is, Iā€™ll just sell it and do without a car.

Itā€™s a stupid Fiat minivan. I can tell you, itā€™s not made for anything harsher than a mild drizzle in Turin. Itā€™s failing in all sorts of creative ways under -20C. This morning for instance, I had to use the battery booster to start it, it finally deigned turning over after almost 30 seconds of cranking, and it made a noise like a dying Italian animal. I left it running for a good 20 minutes, and when it was finally warmā€¦ the clutch pedal wouldnā€™t spring back :slight_smile: I had to put the foot warmer on for 10 more minutes to get the clutch to engage.

Jeezus H. Christ on a popsicle stickā€¦ I hate cars with a passion, and I hate them even more here.

Funnily enough, my velomobile has a DEFA plug and an interior heater. I like my comfort when I cycle :slight_smile:

Boy, I could tell you stories about the bin bag and the blow dryer at -25ā€™C :rofl:
Thus I moved to the UKā€¦ Snow :snowflake: needs to be shovelled away, but :cloud_with_rain:rainwater flows by itself! Dealbreaker, it was!

I like the way you rationalize your masochism, btw. :+1:

I get that, I read somewhere about some bad story that happened with a piercer.
Someone poked a vein of someone who had Hemophilia. By the time they figure it was not going to stop, the client was pretty much dropped at a hospital. The hospital had to report it to the police as if this person was being injured by someone with lack of medical knowledge or certification. So this piercer got into a lot of legal trouble. But the authorities instead of putting crazy regulations and demand that everyone who is just putting earrings now take some medical certification, etc, they just left it as a ā€œgray zoneā€ and hope those incidents wonā€™t happen again. So as long as everyone is happy they are cool and no one is being chased. One of our professional piercing partners has more than 20 years of experience. And yeah, pretty much they create their own associations and keep their standards pretty high. The video of the installation here has already several times been confused to be a medical facility. So we feel very comfortable with every one of our installers in Japan.

Wait what?

Is that the barefooter seat warmer equivalent?

Edit,
Oh you mean the heated airā€¦ I thought your pedals were warming upā€¦

crap, I thought the same thing LOL I thought he had a space heater in his foot well.

You have a magnet implantļ¼Ÿ

been watching it for 27 minutes, amazing how she donā€™t run out of paint. :joy:

1 Like

Coma, I forget

Did your flexnext Hf die? Or was it just a weird infection?

If it still worksā€¦ you should program some kind of NDEF message that guests could scan with their phone

1 Like

ā€œspecific Casteā€, not elite.

Alsoā€¦ in your example, the body is but a tool for an ā€œhonour modificationā€ procedure. :wink:

Thatā€™s really interesting - not some kind of trouble Iā€™d run into, but itā€™s reinforces my opinion that itā€™s just not a good idea to tattoo some significant stuff from other cultures onto your body, unless you really know what youā€™re doing^^ I knew a guy some time ago, lived in Germany, was of Greek descent, and decided to get a big-ass Maori warrior tattoo. Needless to say, he was no Maori warrior. Not even a Greek-German warriorā€¦ but well, to each his own :woman_shrugging:

In the studios I visit, it is common practice to sign a form before, stating you have no hemophilia, no blood-born diseases, no drugs, no alcohol, youā€™re not being pregnant, not planning any OPs, asking for all kinds of allergies, skin-related deseases, regular medical treatments etc etc etc. So they try to prevent that exact case as much as possible :smile:

Nope, still working fine like the first day. Currently, it still leads to my artistā€™s homepage, but I already plan on adding something else - got no idea currently, but Iā€™ll find something! :wink:

I completely agree there.

Like Maori tattoosā€¦ try to visit New Zealand with one. Good luck coming back without being skinned! :wink:

Jokes aside, I personally view it as a bit of disrespect, to tattoo something traditional from a culture you donā€™t belong to. Mostly because ā€œTraditionalā€ tattoos are most often than not associated with a faith or strong identifying elementā€¦ so doing that is pretty much the alternative version of ā€œblack faceā€ā€¦

That logic does work in places like Japan, where the culture is so strongly embedded into most individuals that the society in itself prevents certain abuse from happening.

In places with a more ā€œrelaxedā€ societal gripā€¦ wouldnā€™t work at all. (yet, we still have it) :sweat_smile:

Had you ever wanted to stretch your lobes?
Could cast your flexNExT as a plug!!

I keep nfc tags with ndefs to connect into my wifi. works wonders and no one complains about my 46+ character passwords anymore! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Totally agree. I mean, Iā€™ve got some nordic stuff tattoed onto my back, yes, but nordic and German mythologie are pretty similar, so I hope nobody will skin me when I finally get to Iceland :wink:
But I think itā€™s very hard to draw a clear line - is it okay to tattoo some buddhist or Maori symbols, if youā€™re not buddhist or Maori? Iā€™d say most certainly not. Is it okay to tattoo ships, anchors and other classical ā€œsailor stuffā€ if youā€™ve never been to the sea? Dunnoā€¦ but I think an anchor might hold a special meaning to someone that is somehow similar to the meaning it had for the tattooed sailors of the last century. So Iā€™d say itā€™s okayā€¦ but this can surely be discussed a lot. And to be honest, I just love to hear stories of why people chose the motives they got on their skin. Usually pretty interesting :wink:

I am currently stretching one of my high lobes - but Iā€™ll stop somewhere around 6-8mm, I think. Just want to have a little tunnel to wear a ring in, and I think big tunnels or plugs wonā€™t suit meā€¦ but I like the idea!

(the day I got it, punched with 4mm - now Iā€™m at 5mm and my studioā€™s closed :expressionless: )