The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

So now you know about my 1st tattooā€¦

1 Like

SP tattoo

2 Likes

Mean this one? :wink:

Never had a mod that was that uncomplicated. Healed nicely, doesnā€™t do any problems during daily life, glows nicely when itā€™s dark :wink: Can just recommend it.

Iā€™m actually planning on covering my whole body (well, arms, legs, chest) with ciruit-board-style scarification, and I seriously think about doing some ink rubbing with glow-in-the-dark pigments in them. No clue if my artist is willing to support that, but he knows SuperLumiNova (heā€™s a total watch nerd), and they actually sell their pigments online. There are even different colours available, so you might even create patterns that glow in a deep blue in the dark. Would be just amazingā€¦ Iā€™ll keep you updated if my artist opens up his studio again and I can annoy him with my crazy ideas, if you like.

I can only post my own humble opinion here - to me, it feels the other way round. I consider everything I do with / to my body as bodymodification, no matter if I put a chip under my skin, get some scars, piercings, tattoos, silicone implants, whatever. All that finally ā€œmodifiesā€ my body. The biohacking-part of that might be, that all of this also feels like ā€œimprovingā€ my body. I already like my body the way it is / was, but with every mod I add, I feel even better and more ā€œcompleteā€, though the intensity varies a bit. My scarification and my glow implant were definitely the most intense improvements, followed by my tongue and daith piercings, followed by most of my other piercings, followed by my tattoos. No idea how that ranking came to life, it just feels that way :woman_shrugging: :slight_smile:

It was, and I am very happy again that such conversations are possible here - you might totally disagree with someone, and still, you have the chance to share your opinions and maybe get the great opportunity to look beyond your own nose. I love that :slight_smile:

I loved your post! I was in bed already, and I donā€™t want to derail the derail too much again, but I really liked your story. I had a surprisingly fitting conversation with my mom yesterday, where I basically said that all information we have about other countries or cultures are only prejudices as long as we havenā€™t been there. Every bit of information is a piece of a mosaic, and the more diverse information we have, the clearer the picture becomes. If someone gets all of his informations from just one newspaper or news-webpage, it will stay very blurry. If you take different newspapers (with different political opinions and motivations), it gets a bit clearer. If you talk to someone who is a part of that culture, even better, and if you finally live there (like you did), you might learn enough to understand it. But up to that point, itā€™s all just prejudices, and I think thatā€™s inevitable and totally okay, as long as you are aware of it. I know that all I ā€œknowā€ about India, for example, are pure prejudices - Iā€™ve never been there, and I just happen to know nobody from there. Thatā€™s okay for me, but I would never say ā€œhey, I know whatā€™s going on thereā€.

Yep. Letā€™s take a less-known symbol that was equally abused by those idiots - the runes. I am able to read / write runes, and I really like them a lot (like I said, I love nordic mythology). And just because of that, people ask me if I am a neonazi. So especially in Germany, people are paranoid enough that a non-angled swastika would be the same problem :wink:

As far as I know (from people who were there frequently), Japan and China are still pretty racist towards black peopleā€¦ the depiction of people in comic books is usually just exaggerated as hell, and itā€™s hard to say if itā€™s just exaggeration or racism (at least for me, might be my problem^^). I mean, when I take a look at how germans are depicted in comicsā€¦ weā€™re usually fat, blonde, the men have a moustache and the women braids, and we all drink beer and eat sausages and wear ugly traditional bavarian clothes. Doesnā€™t really apply to me, but Iā€™m not offended by that. I actually am a bit offended if people are actually totally sure we are that wayā€¦ and thatā€™s the point. If people today think black people are like this Gollywog or the people depicted in the comics, thatā€™s the problem.

3 Likes

I can confirm that.

The other thing I learned in my travels is that people everywhere are basically the same: most are good, some are bad, and theyā€™re trying to do their best. Once one internalizes that, one wonders how on Earth wars can even start - because you have to hate someone to wage war, and I fail to find reasons to hate anybody.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s just a wonderful thing to say. Seriously.
And itā€™s the same for me - in my teenage years, I was pretty much full of hatred against the world, other people, myself or whatever. And by nowā€¦ nope. Far to much energy wasted on stupid stuff, and hatred is just never worth it.
I can be disgusted by things people do. I can deeply disagree with people. But hatred? Why should I?

The two possible solutions we have for conflicts are either communication or war. And war usually doesnā€™t lead to good solutions, soā€¦

2 Likes

My rationale is that it takes a lot of effort to get worked up against someone or something, and Iā€™m much too lazy for the energy expenditure :slight_smile: My entire life is dedicated to minimizing my efforts and maximizing my return.

2 Likes

Would you consider taking steroids biohacking? :thinking:

^_^" I was wondering that too, but seeing the thread title, I say ā€œlet it fly looseā€. What you mention is mostly about the perception that you have, Iā€™ve spent some good time with Mexican, American, Vietnamese, Indian, Japanese, Russian, German, Chinese, S.Korean, English, Peruvian, Hong-Kongian?, Brazilian, African-American too, on their homes, etc. And I probably still have prejudices, so I can completely understand what you mean. Also countries and societies change with time, I have not been back to Mexico in about 15 years. So I am sure even by now, my own ideas of what is Mexico have some prejudices from my memories from 15 years ago. Iā€™ve heard people that has come to Japan many years ago asking me for stuff that is not relevant anymore in our everyday life. So, for me is absolutely understandable that anyone that is not completely immersed in the actual culture will have some concepts wrong. I wouldnā€™t even say I know all Japan, and I have been to about 40 of the largest cities and lived in different regions of Japan, and even that is a small island, there are so many differences between the north, middle and south people that are constantly changing.

Iā€™m not sure about China, but in Japan we have a good amount of African immigrants, some business people, some just asking you if you want to go to a ā€œtitis barā€ while you walk around roppongi.
One of my friends here is African-American and he is studying the Ninjas, he trains as well, and is even is running a study of Ninja movies history in Japan and doing talks to Japanese about his research. Another female friend of mine got married to her African BF and they have this AMAZINGLY cute mix-raced little baby girl.
Japan is not ā€œracistā€ but they stick to their own, their unspoken rules, keeps them at ease, rarely people have time to explain some foreigner why they shouldnā€™t do this or that. Is not that they believe their ā€œraceā€ is superior (which Iā€™m sure some do everywhere), is just that they donā€™t want to deal with people who doesnā€™t understand their culture already. I had many times the ā€œbad looksā€, and even if I speak Japanese (with bad accent) they would answer me ā€œSORRY NO ENGRISHā€, And I would be like WTF? I just spoke Japanese to you. But it was my hand gesture, my standing, my attitude, my accent, my facial reactions that ā€œgave me awayā€ as a foreigner more than my face. I say that now, because now that I have a very clean Japanese accent and I am accounted to their gestures so much that they now stare at me squinting their eyes and ask me, ā€œARE YOU JAPANESE?ā€ Even with hairy arms, big Italian ass, beard and sexy latino eyes, THEY CANā€™T TELL if I am foreigner or not. So yeah, I donā€™t think is about racism but just the fear of not-knowing what to expect from a culture they donā€™t know and donā€™t care to deal with.

With all this culture and background differences, and back to the ā€œundeservedā€ / ā€œcopiedā€ tattoo subject. I still think is valid for anyone to have any tattoo they like, copied or not on their own body.

I see people dressing up as military, I donā€™t get mad if they flash a ā€œMedal of Honorā€ to me. I probably just think they like some video game or are cosplaying. Of course if this guy wants to enter a military base and ask to fly an F-15 lol thatā€™s another story, but wearing a costume, or having certain tattoo is not enough proof to identify themselves as part of that community.

They need a (deprecated) Spark1 or Spark2 with a VivoKeyID with access to that database for that.

Which reminds me, I got to get back to the VivoKey iOS app coding.

1 Like

I believe, what is considered Bio-Hacking depends on the approach you take. Is called ā€œhackingā€ because it takes the sense of, you are knowingly modifying something to change its behavior, appearance or functionality.

Steroids, even just standing to stretch every hour, or drinking a glass of water before sleep could be considered bio-hacking if you are doing it with a conscious purpose to influence your ā€œnaturalā€ state, performance (or biological ā€œdecompositionā€ rate).

So, if you give someone else steroids without their knowledge, are they doing bio-hacking?, nop, you (the one with the knowledge and intention to modify their biology) would be ā€œbio-hackingā€ them.

At the risk of repeating myselfā€¦

Vivokey should get onboard that particular train. I want my implantable vaccination passport :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Considering your suggestion seriously.

The logistics to accomplish something like that are pretty insane. System wise is not complex to just make yet another database of users that can access a little message saying this guy is Covid-19 free (as of the day of the last test). There is no enough evidence to prove that someone can be actually immune and not be able to carry the virus with him to someone else. So the maximum we could do is to know if someone took a test recently and if their result was negative. Which still doesnā€™t necessarily mean that you arenā€™t currently infected.

Anyway, then we need to get authorities to recognize the system, train personnel and give them access to be able to perform checks with hardware and software that has to be manufactured and developed for them. Be it cheap but we are taking in a lot more places than just airports. Then, we go international, and now we have to get other countries to recognize the certifications performed in other countries. Which hasnā€™t been that easy in any area.

Next, you know how Apple runs out of iPhones even they produce millions of units? Chips have to be manufactured and it takes a good time to get them ready to deliver to customers.

Finally, You and many others might be ok with the idea, but what happens when this people show up?

image image image

1 Like

Yeah yeah, no doubt. But see, here Iā€™m putting myself in the comfortable position of a customer, making suggestions and demands and willfully ignoring the nitty-gritty details :slight_smile:

All I know is this:

• If we all end up having to go around with a vaccination passport, I want it under my skin.
  • If I and other enthusiasts elect to have it under our skins, itā€™ll be an opportunity to turn the COVID-19 situation into a nice promotion for the use of implants - something DT and Vivokey should look forward to.
  • Whoā€™s better suited than DT and Vivokey to have a go at this, here and now? Later is too late.

Thatā€™s all I want to know in this case. I leave the rest to you clever guys :slight_smile:

EDIT: Iā€™ll tell you what: instead of just talking in the air hypothetically about what Iā€™d like, Iā€™ll put a value on it: Iā€™ll pay up to 500 EUR for an ā€œofficially recognizedā€ implantable vaccination passport - whatever form that may take. Those who would too, raise your hand - so that our favorite implant providers know what kind of market size weā€™s talking about here.

Holly mackerell!
This thread jumped overnight!!

Ok, now I finally have enough time to appreciate such a rich post, @RyuuzakiJulio!! Didnā€™t want to reply half-assedly earlier! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Alsoā€¦

Yerp!! :sweat_smile:
Although I do feel like I helped derail the derailing thread!! (once again!)

and to try and paint my motives before I start debating, Iā€™ll borrow @Pilgrimsmasterā€™s words:

Soā€¦ ok, here we come!

now that is in tune to what I was saying!

Itā€™s not that people should not be allowed to do things, just that respect is a good thing to have. and this distinction you pointed out is exactly where respect lies.

That is one stance that I tend to take the complete other way around, up to some extent:

We are responsible for what our intended audience understands from what we say, no matter what was our motive.

This comes down toā€¦ what actually matters are the consequences of our actions, not the intent behind them.

Now, if we go beyond our intended audience, thatā€™s where I agree with you. What a third party, butting in into the conversation uninvited, makes out of what weā€™re sayingā€¦ that does not matter at all!

And that is perhaps the root of why whiteknighting becomes so nocive, since they tend to distort your target audience.

On the other handā€¦ when we post something online, our audience might be broader than what we perceive.

For example, now. I am replying to you, but I am doing so in a public forum. So my primary audience here is not only you, but all the active members in this thread in this time we live on.

Although I can also see a secondary audience, which is anyone with access to this forum, to which I feel lightly responsible towards as well. I.E. If I begin to say too many stupid things, I might cause all of you to be affected by my words by proxy, to the eyes of silent onlookers as well.

Of course, what extant does this secondary audience takes is relative and perhaps undefinable in a single expression.
And this is where Ethics comes in.

And although Iā€™m talking about online postingā€¦ anything that is given out to the public will also fall into this. So visible tattoos are there exposed.

Even if we did not made them ā€œto show offā€, we must keep in mind that if we are showing it off, any other individual able to see it becomes our ā€œsecondary audienceā€.

Donā€™t worry, it is a well argumented point, so I do appreciate it! :grin:
Beauty in a community lies in our ability to live with our different opinions, not in a taboo approach to homogenisating ourselves!

That is a nice story.
Thanks for sharing!

I can picture! :sweat_smile:
Been immersed on both Latino and Nippon cultures as well.

Think this sentence will be a good key to the core discussionā€¦
And is a damn fine statement!

You are not the only one. Most people under 50 donā€™t know that. Hence why I picket exactly that as an example.

Ultimately, you are perfectly correct there.
I am not advocating that you should beat the guy with the tattoo and skin him alive. (although some guys do deserve that).

soā€¦ here is where I start seeing thing differently:
As long as we choose what to ink on ourselves, that is our action.
If I go into a club and start shouting racial slurs, that is an action.
If I paint racial slurs into a wall, that is an action.
Soā€¦ why is painting racial slurs on my skinā€¦ no longer an action?

Every action we take will have meaning. And if it has meaning, it will have intent.
Now we can give our actions some meaning, or not.
But when we act devoid of meaningā€¦ of intent, we leave a void which will be filled by our audience. This is just how humans workā€¦ So either we take ownership of our own actions, or someone else will!

So letā€™s take the example above: John Van Doe has a Golliwag tattoo. Why he did that?

• He might just have intent to do harm. to offend.
  • He might have the intent @RyuuzakiJulio raised before, of being intentionally controverse in order to gain attention needed to deliver a positive message.
  • He might not have any reason. he just saw the funny drawing and went for it!
  • He might have read in a phony blog that that is the symbol of BlackPower, and that wearing that is providing support! (I actually heard that, in more than one occasion) (or any other similar misplaced conception)

The first one might feel ā€œterribleā€, but itā€™s a whole other debate about freedom of speech, and I donā€™t think thatā€™s gonna be beneficial to us right now. So Iā€™ll just leave it as ā€œfreedom of speechā€

The second oneā€¦ Might get the guy in trouble a lotā€¦ but the only thing I could argue with him is that he is way more likely to end up accidentaly defending the opposite of what he wants. Other than thatā€¦ good for him!

Now, the third and fourth casesā€¦ thatā€™s what I was talking about! Because even if he had no ill intentā€¦ actually, especially because he had NO intent at all, it will end up being as offensive as the first case!
All he is achieving with that tattoo is to promote dissent, cause offense and make more people sad.
To no gain.

The first case is at least bringing up positive debates around freedom of speech, but the last twoā€¦ nothing, no positive gain to compensate all the suffering it will bring.
And all because John Van Doe took an action, of getting a tattoo, without thinking.

I was talking from a globalized point of view.

No, but the Scandinavian/Viking Sun wheel (Swastika) is identical to the nazi one. they have the same pre-historic roots as the asian ones, though.

Here I must argue in favour of context.

I cannot blame my great grand father for having a racist point of view, being white in 1920ā€¦
I can only be sad that he wasnā€™t so avant-garde! But I canā€™t blame him for sharing the status quo of his time, where racism was a ā€œvery acceptedā€ (for a lack of better words) thingā€¦

So Mr Popo, for when he was created, denotes a bit of ignorance to the outside worldā€¦ but I cannot criticize Akira Toriyama for that the same way I could criticize him if today he were to reate another of such characters.
Because the times have changed, the context has changed.

Totally agree.
My comments are aimed at a generalisation, not at an individual level.

Anywaym I must make mine @Comaā€™s words (as usual):

Yep, love that!!

That saidā€¦ ok, Iā€™ll shut up now and let it go back to biohacking. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

But only after

Atilla's opinion:

As @RyuuzakiJulio explained above people can feel uncanny about others with different look, wether itā€™s chance or choice.

This is normal!

Long waffle supporting my statement

People often argue that racism is learnt, children are unbiassed. Well, I saw baby crying because of and adults unusual skin colour. I also remember baby crying because of seeing excessive body mods. Even after Daddy shaved :grin:

Fearing the unknown is normal! Nature actually leans towards negative bias.
Historically cultures didnā€™t mix as often as since we live in the ā€œGlobal Villageā€. Soldiers and merchants were mainly those who were familiar with otherness, in some situations they were not interested in killing each other.
FFWD :fast_forward: to 2000s. Classic melting points catch up easily with multi-culty.
Homogenic places, rural areas, 2nd world countries struggle.
For example youā€™d title Hungary as xenophobic, or islamophobic. And youā€™d be right!

But fear and hatred aint the same.

Sure, and as you would not give a guy a foot massage,
neither youā€™d agree that hatred is nice.

Does censorship, banning, criminalising help? :vertical_traffic_light: :rotating_light: :stop_sign: :construction: :oncoming_police_car:
Spoiler alert: they create more trouble than they eliminate.

What could-would-should be the solution?
The :fox_face: knows!!!
https://youtu.be/7DSKxVhmRyg?list=PLE3A4B6F98DFE2356&t=209
So you are not silly, just got a lot to learn.

If you have child(ren) it is a good excuse to watch this cartoon.
Based on a novel (1965), made in 1981. The cartoon is just as good as the book. Despite the story is simplified. The translation is OUTSTANDING! It gives back the layered meanings, poetic descriptions of the original language. I donā€™t give link, let you to find it. Spoiler: Awesome stroy!!

SADLY: the way ā€œawarenessā€ courses are viewed as more like a propaganda-brainwash-virtue signalling bullcrap. Perhaps for a reason.
In repressive, regime-controlled societies people are often provided a ā€˜safe-spaceā€™ to release their otherwise forbidden thoughts. Surprise: it works well. :partying_face:
The dictatorship monitors the resistance (R=U/I)
and the Average Joe lets the steam out. :rofl: :dash:

Comedy is a very good method. Think of Fluffy. (google the dude if you donā€™t know!!!)
I could quote EastrnEuropean examplesā€¦ pointless due to the language barrier.
Slavoj Žižek, belive it or not speaks English, he is funny on another way. He talks about similar topics to Atilla, but quotes less South Park and more Hegel.

Moral of my waffel: Let them to feel their emotions! Donā€™t punish for feeling what they feel!!

Back to track:

But what if I went through all of this, so I know better?
That could be useful for others, huh?

:bulb: :white_check_mark: YES! :white_check_mark: Converting Karen 1o1: :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

ā€¢If you are cognitively more gifted you are less likely to be biased by emotions (either yours or others) and vica-versa. Therefore you should recognise the unsecure feelings of others.
Getting into pitty arguments is childish: commenting, or answering to Miss Karen Tinfoilhat on KrapPhaceā„¢ is just as lame and foolish as Karen herself. I saw that the other day. I guess we know better than that, donā€™t we?
Have fun instead:

Passive-agression is not humour! You can find it funny, but it doesnā€™t make it humour.
Mockary is funny, in fact is the clinical definition of ā€˜Humourā€™.

ā€¢Mock yourself, that aint hurt nobody at all:

Youā€™re Getting Old
South Park: Season 15, Episode 7
:no_good_man: no pic! Watch it!!

ā€¢Mock intelligent / stable people, theyā€™ll value it!

ā€¢Donā€™t mock Karen:
Karen
Leave that to South Park

Censorship, commenting on comments, taboo, etcā€¦
images (9) DangerousSparseBluebreastedkookaburra-size_restricted
just cause SHIZMS
south-park-1512-1-percent-clip12
And we donā€™t want that, do we?!

So if you still feel the urge to argue Karen over vaccination after reading this, you either know better (I could be wrong), or you admit being on the left hand side of the cognitive scaleā€¦ or you feel so bored you need this as cheap entertainment.
That case Iā€™d suggest going through some other topics in this forum.

Yet again, this was Atillaā€™s opinion, that nobody asked for.

Long read, it is!

I am personally invlolved in one of the topics you decided not to comment on.
Maybe one day / nigh Iā€™ll log on to discord and I plug my ears to listen.

I find that personally funny.

Children are the most vicious, biased, racist and sadistic creatures that there is!
Because they need to, otherwise they wonā€™t form their own identities.

If much, we learn how to be tolerant. (I meanā€¦ a few of usā€¦ very fewā€¦)

Yetā€¦ we still maintain this idyllic idea that ā€œchildren are pureā€ā€¦ :expressionless:

Indeed.

And acting agressively towards that which we fear is also a default defensive mechanism.

That is where I think things went a bit ā€œderrailedā€ (not on your message, muuuuch before that)

I feel like this whole debate wasā€¦

I stated that I think that Generic Joe tattooing something that is meaningful to another culture without even feeling a connection to it is disrespectful.

Then the rebute I saw coming up was in the shape of ā€œbut forbidding people to do things is wrongā€.

I meanā€¦ I obviously agree with that, soā€¦ still trying to figure out where it got read as if either one of us was talking about censoring/punishing anything. there is a massive abyss between thinking something is disrespectful and censoring it. I genuinely canā€™t see a connection. :woman_shrugging:

Personally I believe every single taboo (thus by extension censorship as well) can only contribute to the growth of what it attempts to cull, whilst hindering societal growth. Therefore there is no point in maintaining any taboo or censorship.

On the bright side, the debate was very well articulated and was a fun little brain rattler. so we ended up on the positive! :grin:

He sounds less fun, then! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

:+1:

Youtube the dude, and say that with str8 face.

@anon3825968, can confirm?

American Vaccine Planning in motion.

I work at an industrial manufacturing facility in the state of Arkansas.
Arkansas has a 3 level vaccination plan.

Basically, I fall into late stage 1-B. Early stage 1-B is getting ready to start in 3 days. So I asked at work if we would be having an at work vaccination distribution set up soon. Iā€™m thinking the more the better, right?

My boss just looked at me like Iā€™d smacked him in the face with a 2x4. Clearly no one had put any thought whatsoever into any kind of distribution.

Pretty sure heā€™s going to try and push it, mostly cause it makes him look good. It just blows my mind that I had to be the one to get the ball rolling on this when we have an entire corporate structure to deal with just this kind of thing.

Even worse.
Hospitals have handed out only 43 percent of the vaccine they have. Pharmacies have only managed 10 percent.

So, in a nutshell.
@ODaily = :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

At least that means you are still going to get itā€¦ regardless of the reason.

You are the reason :clap:

So well done you and enjoy the vaccine :+1:

1 Like

Ali know is Iā€™m going to enjoy fucking with whoever administers my vaccine

Various rfid jokes

1 Like