The antiđŸš«-derailment🚃 & threadđŸ§” hijackingđŸ”« threadđŸ§” ⁉

You are right
 but turns out silk (also vicryl) is multifilamentous, which explains the previously mentioned

:slight_smile:
And yeah, the Dalkon shield was a fucking disaster of a device. The string was a incredibly bad design, and the claws on that thing made it a nightmare to insert and even harder to remove. There were infections, sepses, plenty of torn uteruses, emergency hysterectomies and even a couple of deaths associated with it. The thing even looks evil
unnamed (1)
like a fucking prehistoric bone pendant that one would find in an abandoned cave or maybe a fossilized animal from the primrodial soup

1 Like

Just emailed both the ID card administrator and the manager of the ID card office of my University about potentially enrolling a DESFire implant.

Managed to find their info by looking up the public salary sheet, searching for “id card”, and found the two highest salaries. I then was able to look them up in the directory to confirm their job titles. The only public info on the ID card site is a generic email for the office as a whole, and I assumed I would get no positive response from the primary email.

After looking into their backgrounds a bit, I was originally only going to email the administrator, who has an IT background, but I accidentally sent the email to the manager instead :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming:

Decided to make the best of the situation, and sent it to both.

I’m not sure if I’ll even get a response, especially after my bungle, but wishing for the best :crossed_fingers:

I would have preferred to have done something in person, but the ID card office is mainly staffed by old women working as clerks, and it’s in a building way across campus. No reason for me to be there, or be able to talk to a higher-up. Especially with COVID, they’re appointment only now.

6 Likes

That’s brilliance right there!! :laughing:

Also, wishing you good luck!!

1 Like

Damn. Not surprised though, given that it’s a public college.

Dude, do yourself a favor and try to strike up a conversation with this person. They’ve expressed interest! Show them your chip if you can. Not to get into the system, but if this person becomes an ally, then maybe later. Maybe some other project. It’s much better for them to be “one of us” than an uninformed nay sayer.

Invite them to the forum at least.

3 Likes

I mentioned it earlier, but he works in the administration building, which students have no access to, and everything is appointment only right now. I also can’t find any photo of the guy anywhere (even his linkedin photo is blank), so I can’t say anything if I just see him out and about.

My original email was very friendly and explanatory, explaining implants as a whole, their capabilities, advantages for security, etc.

I don’t have any way to talk to him besides our official outlook email, which he CCed his boss on.

Try something like this.

At the VERY LEAST, say thank you. :grin:

1 Like

I just held a 3x1mm disk magnet near my induction cooktop and it’s crazy.
I can only imagine how it feels with a titan, especially in the finger and after some getting used to it.

2 Likes

No reaction at all. I tried.
granted not the titan, the parylene ones.

Someone shouldn’t have parked so close to the bus stop :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Induction tops are fun. You can feel when they turn on/off.
Sometimes hovering your hand over for a few moments is more helpful to choose the right settings rather than trying to find out if “6.” will be hot enough to sear.

Checking which ring of the electronic top belongs to which knob is another wonderful feature of magnetic implants. You can save yourself a few valuable seconds by not trying to read the pictograms or waiting till the ring is warm to the touch :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I ordered some stuff for further self installs.

Look what fat serynge they sent me xD

They had no pics on all the stuff so I ordered blindly all the stuff that I needed that was under 50cent.

I thought it was 5ml, not 50

1 Like

Whoa. Be careful with cheap painkillers man

And cheaply packaged poorly sterilized, cheaply built stuff

If the things in that photo are poorly sterilized he is in luck!
I doubt there is any sterilization at all there! :sweat_smile:

nice hoard, tho
 besides the already mentioned comments :yum:

Why do you think its poorly or even not sterilized?

Can you tell thet by the picture?

Im asking because if so, i really shouldent use it.

First and foremost because I assume that from absolutely everything I get.

Secondly because I’m used to seeing items with that kind of default packaging both:

• sitting down on warehouses for long enough that I would become concerned
  • being packaged ready to get sterilised, but then never going to sterilisation. (Particularly concerning when it’s a brand I never heard of doing clearances)

But this is just me being paranoid. Probably. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

haha no painkillers involved :wink:

If you trust the company, then you should be fine.
If it sounds dodgy, then just sanitise things between taking out of the packaging and using, and you should also be fine anyway.

i know nothing about the company.

their support is Shit!

I dont know if i can trust them.

The scalpel and the sterile tweezers are for emergency removals in case the glass breaks

2 Likes