The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

PayPal ā€œrisk departmentā€ has some bible chips are the devilā€™s work person in itā€¦ weā€™ve been kicked off multiple times. If you want to pay with PayPal, contact us and we can give you the account to send $ to and how to arrange your order.

3 Likes

Hehe was just about to post about it then spotted that I had beforeā€¦ fuck PayPal :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s pretty sad considering the fact Elon Musk basically created it, and he is doing what he is doing.
F*ck dumb people and marketing conforming to them.

But there is a Crypto payment option!
i found that really awesome!

2 Likes

Funny story (or sad): I was waiting for my bus home earlier this afternoon - since I had to go to work this Sunday - alongside a few other people at the bus stop. Some drunken Russian sitting on the bench got up, went up to one of the guys waiting on the sidewalk, waved a cigarette in front of him and asked him for a light in broken Finnish. The guy answered - in equally broken Finnish, but with an unmistakable English accent - that he didnā€™t speak Finnish.

The Ruskie started to get angry:

ā€œNo speak Finnish uh? DO YOU SPEAK ENGLISH? GOT A MATCH??ā€
ā€œNo, sorry, I donā€™t smokeā€ said the guy
ā€œAh, dammit! Where you from anyway mister No Finnish?ā€
ā€œUSAā€
ā€œAmerikanskiā€¦ Fuck you you stupid yankee. How about I kick you ass? How about a little of that mister No Finnish yankee fuckhead?ā€

The guy mumbled something and quickly made himself scarce.

And sure enough, since I was vaping and making quite a sizeable cloud in the freezing weather, the Ruskie made a beeline for me - or as close to a beeline as a drunken guy can manage:

ā€œLookā€ I said before he could open his mouth ā€œI canā€™t speak Finnish neither, and I ainā€™t got no light neitherā€ I said. ā€œI vape you see. No lighter!ā€
ā€œAnother one! You yankee asshole too?ā€
ā€œErā€¦ no, Canadianā€ flashing the biggest smile I could manage.
ā€œAh well, no luck today eh mister Canadian-no-speak-Finnish. Oh wellā€¦ā€

On which note, he slumped back onto the bus stop bench and went all quiet and broody.

Pfew! Close call :slight_smile:

1 Like

Which just goes to prove that Asshole is a universal human condition.

1 Like

Or drunk.

Usually equivalent.

1 Like

Good point :slight_smile:

Ugh, my eyes! Light mode is for lunatics!!!

3 Likes

Just now realized Discourse has a dark modeā€¦

On my desktop Iā€™ve been using Dark Reader with a whitelist of just this site.

Tbh I kind of like the Dark Reader look more, the colors look a bit weird with the Discourse dark theme.

1 Like

Hmmm Iā€™m very flush with doge latelyā€¦ maybe I donā€™t need to wait till bonus timeā€¦

Not to mention that the way our ReactJis are set up (with white background) does look terrible in dark mode.

Although I do pay that price for my sanity. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I have a general question I am having a hard time finding the answer out to. Does anyone here know if someone who does not react well to Polypropylene sutures, would be better with Silk or Nylon?

I donā€™t mind paying extra for Silk or Nylon, but I donā€™t do well with the Polypropylene ones.

1 Like

Iā€™m all in for dark mode, but using dark mode on the DT forum doesnā€™t workā€¦ the DT logo black on white.

1 Like

Iā€™d say it depends on what you are suturingā€¦ i have heard that silk is typically a very ā€œwickyā€ suture thread, meaning it is fine for internal sutures but will act like a slip-n-slide for germs to ride right on down into your wounds when used for external suturing. If used for that, itā€™s best to use it on a part of the body that can be completely covered in antiseptic ointment and a bandage.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/322526003_COMPARISON_OF_WICKING_EFFECT_OF_DIFFERENT_SUTURES_AN_IN_VITRO_STUDY

1 Like

Is the nylon suture multifilamentous? If it is it can harbour infections if used outside the body (see the Dalkon shield for the most egrigious example, where the multifilamentous nylon removal string of an IUD ā€œcarriedā€ vaginal bacteria into the uterus and caused infections and sepses)

I have no idea if this is of any help, but I reacted bad to my sutures every time as well (like, they went red and itchy after a bit more than a week, while the wound was not closed enough to take them out), but when they took my flexie out at the hospital, they sutured the incision with a self-dissolving thread. It healed so incredibly well, I was really surprised. Additionally, they made the suture kinda ā€œupside downā€, so the thread was mostly below the skin, this might have helped as well.
I have no idea if a bodmod-artist could use such a thread or such a method of suturing, but for me, it was quite a differenceā€¦

1 Like

I really donā€™t think so since nylon tends to be pulled in a single monofilament, and in the case of a suture thread, itā€™s probably one solid piece whereas if you were making a rope you would have multiple threads wound togetherā€¦ probably those threads would each be the size of a suture thread hah!

yeah this would have to be a strong ā€œpull stringā€ type designā€¦ like a tiny nylon rope. the force required to pull an IUD out is ā€¦ well iā€™m sure itā€™s modeled after some kind of medieval torture. the plastic T ā€œwingsā€ have to literally be bent up and backwards for it to come outā€¦ fucking hell what sick mind came up with that?

1 Like

I know one (not me) who definitely can.

He used to do ā€œstitching performancesā€ and carried around numerous multi coloured suture threads ā€œjust in caseā€.

That guy was a legend. :yum:

Thanks! I was just waking up and that got the job done better than coffee! :rofl: