The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

@coma , its been a while since your last update, how is your Scarification healing going?

This is Barg e metal in Afghanistan. Beautiful country, not so beautiful people all the time.

Not sure where I was going with this, took me 15 min to find the photo and I forgot. But, posting the pic anyways.

2 Likes

Whoā€™s Barg e metal?

PXL_20210218_183009447

Iā€™ll try to keep that in mind @Pilgrimsmaster :wink:

3 Likes

This is Backpackingvet in Barg e metal, Afghanistan.

Barg e metal is the name of the ā€¦ town? ā€¦ hah wowā€¦ metal.

Iā€™ve only just now, 3 months later, noticed I left not just my PM3 but my ACR in my dorm room.
Was meant to go this weekend to get everything but the snow has fucked it

Right, I totally forgot the 3-month-update - as in, I forgot to take a picture. Really annoys me, but wellā€¦ :grimacing:
Iā€™m just cuddled up in several layers of clothes and blankets (no, itā€™s not really cold inside, I just like it that way! :wink: ), so I think Iā€™m gonna post a new picture tomorrow :slight_smile: Just too lazy to undress :smile:

and @Amal - believe it or not, I went to a really big Dutch festival for three times now, and there are actually people running around like thatā€¦ on stage :smile:
Just love that humour. Those festivals were the most fun and peaceful gatherings Iā€™ve ever been to :wink:

1 Like

Had to Google it. Barg e matal. Metal is the one thing they had little of there.

Beautiful country.

1 Like

Maybe ā€œBarg eā€ means ā€œOut ofā€ in Pashto :slight_smile:

Ha, I donā€™t actually doubt it is possible. There are tons of mines (both land and mineral) there.

Iā€™m more impressed you knew a specific dialect of Afghanistan. Could also be Dari, Iā€™ve not done a lot of research.

1 Like

Iā€™ve just impressed you with my Wikipediaing skills :slight_smile:

One thing you can reliably count on is that countries often have more than one official language, and the languages donā€™t always bear a relationship with the name of the country. Nothing says Iā€™m a clot more than saying ā€œI bet this means X, Y or Z in Peruvian / Canadian / Afghaniā€ so I always make sure to look that kind of stuff up before referring to a language of a country I donā€™t know.

1 Like

:sweat_smile:

1 Like

Just dropping these to chill after a terribly convoluted day! :sweat_smile:

and now not so much 90s, butā€¦

2 Likes

Omg Gunther, yeahhhā€¦ I love blasting Coco Jambo first thing in the morning. Loud.

Oh lookā€¦ more snow lol

Ha, Nice Sticker !

Laughing Buddah knows where to look. :eyes:

You know WE ALL search your photos for hints and clues for shinys EVERY TIME

2 Likes

Beginning to wonder if heā€™s actually super slick and staging Easter eggs

2 Likes

He isā€¦
Keep an eye out.
Not every time, But they are in there

1 Like