The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

This should be the start of you realizing something is wrong.

Talk to a doctor please, tell them what you have told us.

Itā€™s pretty easy to tell them off actually: all you gotta do is crack a joke or point out one of the many nonsensical things that donā€™t add up with their favorite being in the sky, and they usually leave you be. At least that has been my experience.

Totally works for people you stumble across more or less by chance. Problem is, if you got such people in your closer environmentā€¦ like, in school (yeah, thatā€™s some time ago for me, but still^^). Some of them tend to try to ā€œconvinceā€ you, because they ā€œfear for your soulā€ and the like, that can be quite exhausting. But if they are actually willing to discuss this matter, it can be fun for both sides :wink:

Dunno really. If youā€™re rude enough once, you usually donā€™t hear from them again. Even - or particularly - if youā€™re stuck with them long time. Itā€™s a kind of Enderā€™s strategy: hammer it in hard once and for all that youā€™re not to be bothered with nonsense and thatā€™s the end of that. If you try to reason with those people, or gradually tell them to leave you in peace, they see that as an edge to push their BS your way anyway.

Yes.

1 Like

But have you met Drunk and Bitter Jesus?

http://ghastly.keenspace.com/d/20030420.html

1 Like

Donā€™t mock Jesus or heā€™ll get all cross.

2 Likes

You nailed it.

2 Likes

Sure there are more? Canā€™t just leave us hanging.

I have a feeling the series of feeble Jesus jokes is about the Peter out :slight_smile:

Wonder if we can resurrect them.

Give it 3 days

I hope I have enough bread and wine for that.

Too bad Iā€™ve only got enough lamp oil for just one day. :frowning:

1 Like

2 Likes

I honestly think it would be a nice idea to replace all those suffering, emaciated, tortured figurines from the churches and replace them with something that might actually be a symbol for hope, resurrection, peace, whatever. Would be one little step towards a more friendly religion :wink: So Buddy Christ was not such a bad thingā€¦ :thinking:

On the other hand, itā€™s not for me to judge - what do the Christians around here think about that? I was always a bit ā€œscaredā€ or rather pitiful when I saw Jesus on a cross as a child - I mean, why take a picture of his most ā€œlostā€ moment, why not something positive, beautiful and strong? Really a bit curious :wink:

Have you ever wondered how the figure of a man tortured to death by one of the worst forms of torture ever devised by man came to become a symbol worn proudly by billions of Christians - and if you listen to them, the symbol of peace on Earth, salvation and love of God and your fellow man?

Iā€™ll never understand that. Itā€™s total madness to me. Seeing a cross creeps the shit out of me each and every time, just as much as if the Christian symbol was a breaking wheel or an iron maiden.

1 Like

Eeeexactly that!
Itā€™s just such a sad sight, even if - for me - itā€™s just mythology. If I was to chose a ā€œpictureā€ of a god, Iā€™d like to have one that makes me happy, or peaceful or gives me any other pleasant emotionā€¦

Maybe it has to do with people having a hard time in life and then seeing that their god suffered as well, and made it through it? I really never understood it, and since this is one of the few places where such things can be discussed without creating a massive shitstorm, I thought Iā€™d just ask :wink:

If the life of Jesus is a myth (which is debatable), then itā€™s indeed a sad choice of imagery. If it isnā€™t, then those billions of Christians revel in the terrible suffering of that poor man. How awful and utterly callous of them!

If I was to choose to believe in mumbo-jumbo, I would probably choose buddhism: at least the story of Siddhartaā€™s progress towards enlightenment follows a positive logic, has a happy ending, and the various representations of buddha celebrate the steps he took on his journey. Itā€™s a good religion I reckon. Too bad itā€™s a religion and itā€™s all nonsense thoughā€¦

1 Like

I think this is a very simplistic view of an extremely complex symbol. The way I understand it, it is supposed ro represent an unfathomable, willing sacrifice on behalf of people who did not deserve it. There is also something to be said for Christians co-opting the symbol of their oppression (in those times, at least), and struggle, and using it as their own

Keep in mind I am no Christian (nor do I belong to any religion at all) and am probably talking out of my ass