The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Kick on an implant?

Geez if that is a photo after it calmed down, it must have been a mighty good kick.

The good news is, it sounds like a career path is now clear

10948672143_12451832a0_o

2 Likes

This is the cavity left by the extracted VivoKey prototypeā€¦ basically a big cavity that needs to heal up. She just kicked it pretty gently but it was enough to cause it to start bleeding internally from the incised tissueā€¦ big cavityā€¦ it just filled up.

Ouchā€¦

Since weā€™re on the subject, Iā€™ve always wondered: when you remove a large implant, how long does the skin take to reconnect and return to something resembling normal (that a kid can kick for instance :slight_smile:)?

1 Like

You took out the old VK prototypeā€¦ so you installed an Apex Flex yeah?
No secret smart sensor thingā€¦? Both?

I had my flex taken out in the beginning of december - by now, the skin feels almost normal again. Still a slight loss of feel (as expected), some funny colours from time to time, and a scar that feels a bit tense occasionally. But I massage it regularly, and when doing it, it feels quite ā€œreconnectedā€.

No apex flexā€¦ just an ntag213 prototype thing in my fingerā€¦ it has a green led as part of the L/C circuit with the chip and some glow paint on top too. A one off really.

that some of us would kill for

1 Like

Even i donā€™t have access to the apex flex yet :wink: but soon. I want perfection here so Iā€™m going through multiple iterations of the antenna with @Satur9 to get max performance, and Iā€™m having these chips machine placed and wave flowed to the pcbā€¦ no more manual manufacturing of the antenna connection. The only thing left to do by hand will be the encapsulation process, but most of that is now automated as well. I want apex flex to be the pinnacle of precision and qualityā€¦ and we are very close to achieving that.

8 Likes

I might make more of these but people would want other colors and the other colors from this vendor are trash and donā€™t light up well at all ā€¦ but still if this works out well I may go for it. Anyone want a flex ntag213 with green only color option?

4 Likes

Oh Iā€™m so fucking stoked, take your time!

So close, yet so far.

Iā€™m sure youā€™d find enough customers for a batch.
For me it depends on the design, if itā€™s like a flexSIID tester Iā€™m interested.
Canā€™t wait for the pics after healing :slight_smile:

Yas
Could the leds be doubled?

ME :slight_smile: I love to have a flexNTAG213
Hopefully I have enough money, I need it first for the TITAN

Not really with thisā€¦ Iā€™m sourcing the tag+led combo as a unit and putting glow paint on it and encapsulatingā€¦ Iā€™m not even sure it will survive all that long. The bottom line with LEDs though is that we need to start making our own antennae designs with integrated LEDs and oversee the manufacturing process to ensure qualityā€¦ thatā€™s a low priority right now but we will start down this road with the ā€œapex megaā€ (also called apex jumbo by me in the past)ā€¦

2 Likes

On a side note there, why is Max the smalles Apex?
I mean Max sounds bigger than Mega, doesnā€™t it?
Iā€™m sure it was VivoKey Mini beforeā€¦

Hah yeah naming isnā€™t my best skill

2 Likes

Apex McApexface

10 Likes

YESSSS

Green and Purple are my want to have colors^

I have to see how it works in terms of money

2 Likes

Beauty! Sounds great! Iā€™m in for the single flexy dealio

Iā€™ll look into it

1 Like