The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

I have a next in the top of my wrist, one of 3 in my first install session

Itā€™s maaaybe a smidge deeper than I would prefer but works great, itā€™s now my gunsafe credential, since THAT reader is much stronger and doesnā€™t care, it frees up my stronger implants for weaker readers

Kinda a weird wrist due to the scar and bones are a bit out of place but that IS wear a watch would go

Talking about my weird wrist bones reminded me to double check about the vet possibly giving me a off the records X-ray to see implants

@amal
How radiopaque you think the new pcb flex is?

2 Likes

Hard to guess but maybe slightly more visible than the wire coil flex

They use polyimide films specifically over the windows of x-ray emitters because of its low absorption and backscatter properties. I doubt youā€™ll be able to see the PCB, just the traces.

2 Likes

8 Likes

I donā€™t know why but I can never get the in-forum videos to play. If you insert YouTube itā€™s fine but when it is directly in the forum it shows the preview and I hit play then nothing loads. Just sits with the loading ring forever.

iā€™ve seen this also and I think itā€™s related to firefox privacy settingsā€¦ I right click and ā€œview videoā€ and it opens a new tab that plays the video. i think firefox believes its a bot or tracking pixel or something like that.

1 Like

I bet when you were a kid you could never find one of those name plates that look like vehicle tags with your name on it for your bike.

1 Like

Looked too much like ANAL and that was not a message I wanted hanging under my ass.

9 Likes

Throwing this here cuz maybe there are some Canadian residents who are interested in signing and sharing this petition. Itā€™s being presented to the House of Commons, weā€™re at 8,103 signatures so far and hoping to hit 10k by March 30th.

If anyone (in Canada) feels inclined to sign it and more importantly, share it; would be super appreciated

2 Likes

Woot! I thought I might have missed a few days at the beginning but it came today.

6 Likes

I know for a fact last summer I missed 4 days. It still gave it to me.

Congrats!

5 Likes

Did you happen to leave a computer running with a browser open to the forum? It does regular ajax calls to update the browser in the background.

1 Like

Or maybe someone flipped your maintenance control switches to ā€œONā€ while you were sleeping in order to mine bitcoin in your cerebrum and that somehow counted. :thinking:

Like 5 shared work computers

https://cyborg.ksecsolutions.com/celebratory-competition/?mc_cid=733707b103&mc_eid=17f98d6a46

2 Likes

Never signed up for something so fast in my life

3 Likes

Haha.
Good Luck :four_leaf_clover:

3 Likes

Just a little thing, so - if all goes well - possibly not worth its own thread, but Iā€™m going to get my xSIID installed in about 3 hours :star_struck:
I found out that my local piercer is comfortable with injecting it, there is no need to travel 4 hrs by train this time, so I managed to squeeze it somewhere into my otherwise pretty full calendar - adding to that, studios might or might not be in lockdown again from monday on :expressionless:

So Iā€™m finally ā€œone of usā€ again in a few hours :smile:

9 Likes

Awesome

You little social butterfly :butterfly: :wink:

Yay, welcome back, even though you never really left being ā€œone of usā€. :unicorn:

donā€™t forget to jump on

I hope it goes well and heals even better.

1 Like

Haha, yeeeeeesā€¦no. Just a bit busy with coordinating the renovation, having some online courses and - luckily - still being able to work, no matter if lockdown or not. Socialā€¦ pffffff :wink:

kisses

always felt like that :wink:

Will do! Though Iā€™m already pretty sure that my smartphone cover effectively stops my phone from reading implants - at least the field detector is pretty bitchyā€¦

Thank you! I hope itā€™s all-in-all uneventful, but Iā€™ll give a little update by tomorrow or so :wink:

2 Likes