The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

No, not him. Itā€™s an older employee who does all the 3D drawings for our in-house testing equipment - or any kind of in-house equipment. And he bothers the shit out of me too: whenever I pass by his office while running around to try and meet the deadlines, heā€™s slouching in his fucking chair reading the fucking newspaper or something. I suppose thatā€™s the privilege of age or seniority cuz nobody says anything, but Iā€™m not impressed.

I donā€™t know what happened with the other dudeā€™s sudden passion for implants. Iā€™m guessing it was a temporary fad.

1 Like

Oh I think I see in what part you disagree.
Love the way you write btw.

Love for animals and plants or nature has nothing to do with who is above or below.

Undeniably, humans have the power to alter considerably the environment at will, and animals have no form to state their opinions inside the society we have created.

Humans have for centuries farmed animals to take advantage of their products, from fur, eggs, meat, to use them for their strength, abilities, etc.

Just like my cat had me working extra shifts because he would only eat expensive food.

Mind-reading device for a dog, cat, parrot, snake, tarantula. Itā€™s been a dreams of humans to be able to communicate with their pets easier.

The natural state of the world and all biological things living in it has been affected time after time by the effects of humans.

Yet again, one tinny virus mutates and can PWN a large part of humanity.

One medium size ball of whatever falls into the ground from space and mass extinction all over again.

As much as humans have the ability to create, control and destroy at will, based on their own made concepts of worth, holiness, rights, they are also incapable to beat many natural events that we know exist, and will inevitably happen someday. Simple as avoiding ā€œdeathā€.

Better or above animals? Nah, I canā€™t just flap my arms and cross the city. Shake my butt and cross the ocean.

Damn, a couple of degrees change in temperature and my human body is already giving me issues. Not to even mention how grumpy, depressed or plain crazy some get when they are hungry, sleepy or horny.

1 Like

Iā€™m a cat lover, and I seem to be able to understand them just fine without any translator. Or rather, they seem to be able to order me around without any difficulty :slight_smile: I rarely wonder why they meow or act the way they do.

1 Like

Iā€™m absolutely a cat person too.

I am sorry to hear it. At least you caught the mistake before it was deployed.

It was supposed to be in operation next week to start production. Now weā€™ll have to tell the customer weā€™ll run late.

If I was the customer I would rather get a working item late than a useless piece of junk on time. Itā€™s just a pity I am not the customer.

It sounds like the guy who screwed up shouldnā€™t get paidā€¦ After all he doesnā€™t sound like he is working.

Slainte.

:eyes:

Now I gotta wonder if itā€™s anything thatā€™s been hinted at recentlyā€¦

Not really. Itā€™s a fatigue testing machine for flex implants that I promised Amal - that I havenā€™t had time to make good on yet.

1 Like

The problem is, we pay penalties for every day weā€™re late. We could deliver at 2/3 production capacity, but at some point weā€™ll have to pull everything apart and redo it anyway.

1 Like

Do you own the company? Do you pay the late fees personally? I understand that this situation is frustrating, but you have done everything you can for the moment.

Relax, have a drink, and then tomorrow or Monday you can start to fix things.

1 Like

Yeah yeah, Iā€™m not at fault and I did what I had to. No issues there :slight_smile: But I have my professional pride: I promised the damn thing on time and it wonā€™t be. Not my fault and all, and I know my boss knows it, but it still sucks

As for the drink, way ahead of you there :slight_smile:

1 Like

Itā€™s 2:50 AM here, I am on-call for work, and I am sitting drinking a New Belgium Trippel (because I couldnā€™t find any real Belgian beers last weekend).

I know how you feel.

Ah! Iā€™m in Finland yet I still manage to be working my way through a Rochefort 10 :wink:

1 Like

I think the secret sauce is curiousity. Weā€™re a very curious crowd, and that started with ā€œI wonder what these implant thingies are?ā€.

Thus we have collected a group of people whoā€™s curiosity requires an open mind to explore new concepts. I canā€™t fathom riding a velomobile to work once, much less daily, yet my curiousity allows me to consider and explore the idea without negativity.

The same here, I suppose.

And that chest scarification was eye-opening to me. Normally, on the internet more so, people reject whatever is not ā€œnormalā€ to them. Often as a gut reaction with a great deal of negativity. My reaction was to ask for more pictures so I could see what was going on.

Curiosity, itā€™s not just for killing cats, it breeds civility too.

4 Likes

I also prefer cats, even though sometimes they be likeā€¦

6 Likes

@LordSethos2000

Itā€™s in my head now aswell

1 Like

12mm NTAG213 experimentā€¦ thought it was cuteā€¦ dunno might delete later :wink:

11 Likes

ā€œBut does it read?! , does it read?!

Sung in the theme from phantom of the opera (can she sing?!)

That also looks a lot like the bullseyeā€¦ consider my apprehensive

How is the NTAG213 and LED in your finger going?