The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

It reads okā€¦ itā€™s on a far more rigid disc material than the bullseyeā€¦ but the flexNT reads better and is easier to installā€¦ meh itā€™s not all that interesting.

Reads fine but still no LED action. My fingers take a very long time to heal hematomas

1 Like

Sad. Gosh I need more blink

2 Likes

How about a Red one?
Lightly used, freshly extracted!
BoldNegligibleArrowana-size_restricted

It even comes with an implantation tool
:syringe:

AffectionateGrippingHochstettersfrog-max-1mb

If I could have a brain blinky I would.

How do you know your brain doesnā€™t blink?

1 Like

Oh I donā€™t know if it does. I know that I never shoved anything up there that does.

That would be a freaky little thing, if our brains were bioluminescent - maybe thatā€™s actually true and how people came up with the phrase ā€œoh heā€™s not so brightā€ - it is literal

#OnTheToiletThoughts

1 Like

I was being more specific,

How do you know that your specific brain isnā€™t bioluminescentā€¦ maybe itā€™s the only one

Maybe your bone marrow blinks, how would you know?

:-p your welcome for the existential crisis

1 Like

A little off topic help if you pleaseā€¦

Iā€™m replacing a start capacitor on a 1/2hp shop fan. Itā€™s very similar to ceiling fan capacitors. I wanted to get a name brand high quality piece instead of the cheapo junk that amazon is hawking, but I canā€™t find any reputable suppliers that carry them.

My question is:
How do I break down / understand the numbering convention on them?
For ex, mine is a 15uf (I got that) capacitor labeled CBB61 (???). I can only find one, in that style, in bulk chinese made quality, by googling the CB661, then selecting my capacitance, and possibly number of wires / multiple capacitance. Iā€™ve also stumbled across CB660.

Is this some kind of package designation? Something specific to niche (fan motor) products? Any clues?

Yeah, I could just grab a metal can capacitor, but the little plastic box fits so well in there, and I donā€™t want it looking like junk. Plus, not knowing and not being able to figure it out is irritating me severely.

You can get one for about 6$ apiece on eBay
Itā€™s a common model/series of start/run capacitors (metalized PP film AFAIK) often used in ceiling fans, AC and the like.
Donā€™t know about the name :confused:

Pretty much the same stuff Iā€™m finding. Problem is they only last about 12-18 months, and then Iā€™m looking for another one. Was hoping to find something in that same package / style, but made by a name brand manufacturer to decent specs.

Plus, not being able to figure out the naming convention just twists me the wrong way, ya know. :unamused:

sounds like bad design or motor is out of specā€¦ or the cap is heating up well over 70C on startā€¦ my first suggestion is to ensure the cap is properly thermally coupled to something that can dissipate heat faster than air, but really maybe you should find a bigger capacity capā€¦ I meanā€¦ 5uF? Is that 5 microfarad? For a fan? Iā€™d think it would be more like 5000uF at 450v for a motorized device at the very least? Maybe?

Mine is 15uf. Thatā€™s just a stock photo to show what Iā€™m talking about. Theyā€™re in a epoxy potted plastic box, so heat sinkinf is likely to be unavailable.

Itā€™s a 120v fan motor. I think these are just super cheap craptastic capacitors. Hence the desire for a better cap in the same packaging.

canā€™t watch it :frowning: got this error message:

ā€œKein Video mit unterstĆ¼tzdem Format und MIME Typ gefundenā€

I sometimes get that when javascript is blocked on a website on my phone. Not sure if thats the real issue but enabling it sometimes allows me to watch videos

oh dear.

1 Like

Top one is the Best!

Omg I love that app

Anyone else having issues watching videos loaded directly to the forum?

Half of the chips in use thread isnā€™t working

1 Like

Yeah Iā€™ve always had issues, generally takes a few refreshes

I still canā€™t view a single one of your videos @NoUsersLefft

:computer:
On my PC using Chrome YEP, a lot of buffering for YouTube videos, but not those fantastic ones above.

:iphone:
On my phone using Chrome NO, it works perfectly

:man_shrugging: