The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

I know this isnā€™t helpful, but I havenā€™t had any issues at all with a single video. Thatā€™s surprising, considering that Iā€™ve had issues on a lot of other sites (videos never play on Reddit for me).

Iā€™m using Chrome on Linux, with forced hardware acceleration (bypassing the GPU blocklist). Havenā€™t had any issues with Chrome on Windows, either (in my limited time using it there).

I recently switched away from chrome more seriously, but I can try it diagnostically

Edit yea thatā€™s more gooder

Can you check your phone for this?

Screenshot_20210406-170918_One UI Home

It is bothering me a lot. More than it should.

:laughing:

I installed it onto my phone the other day to answer somebodyā€™s question, But I have since uninstalled it.
But yes, The app Icon looks to be White on white, Rather than the Black on Grey of the Playstoreā€¦Just think of it as a
Subdued app
or
Tactical app
or
Discreet app
or
Hidden app
or
Ninja app

I installed all three of the Dangerous Things apps (and removed them as my phone doesnā€™t have NFC and I donā€™t own any Blooswitches) and that was the only one with a broken icon.

I use Firefox with a tonne of extensions and blockers and forum videos work OK for me. Sometimes they take a little while to load but Iā€™ve otherwise had zero problems

Could be worse

This is what I get from making a shortcut in iOS

1 Like

That is significantly worse. What a fuckin tease

It is not really an app that you would need too often.
Maybe after purchase of an xNT to protect
Or if you wanted to format it, but there are other ways to do that

1 Like

Very tactical, much blackness

1 Like

cool.

3 Likes

you also get to test construction quality at the same time :slight_smile:

Thingiverse peeps, anyone know how to download an entire collection at a time?

The baka mitai one got me real good :rofl:

3 Likes

Iā€™ve wanted to do the same. Looks like they have a decent API. Iā€™ll see if I can throw together a python script, hopefully should have something within the hour maybe.

EDIT: Nearly done :slight_smile: going swimmingly so far

EDIT2: Actually nearly done this time, I promise :wink: turns out they paginate their API, had to deal with that. It can now download very large collections, sorting everything into proper folders.

1 Like

I would love to see this in slow motion. Bet it looks wild.

You should look up hand grenades in ultra slow motion, itā€™s one of the coolest videos that changes how you view material properties

I always expect it to ā€¦just breakā€¦ but things are far more spongey and elastic than you think at high speed

Done!

Youā€™ll need python installed (and to install the requests module with ā€œpip install requestsā€), then you can just run ā€˜python collectiondownloader.pyā€™

Itā€™ll ask for the author name, and the collection name. For the collection name make sure you include special characters (and spaces), but case shouldnā€™t matter. Copy and paste should work just fine.

Itā€™ll then make a new folder with that collection name (careful, it deletes if a folder already exists), then inside of that a new folder for each thing in the collection. In those folders, itā€™ll have every file for each thing.

Their API is a little slow, so collections over 100 objects may take a bit depending on the server load (still only a few minutes, though, not crazy long).

If you need help running it, just lmk, I think you still have my telegram info.

2 Likes

Noice!

Have I mentioned youā€™re the best?

Itā€™s a definite possibility
But I recently decided I need to suck it up and dig down and commit to learning programming/codingā€¦ especially with job market the way it is

Just havenā€™t found a good starting place

By the way, Iā€™m about to push some fixes, turns out they donā€™t maintain their database very well, and occasionally collections contain things that no longer exist :frowning:

Fixed now though, gonna push the fixes in ~5 minutes. Will edit this comment when you should be all good to go :+1:

EDIT: Fix has been pushed to the git repo!