The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Not the first time I hear of people not behaving good on discord - canā€™t judge it, for Iā€™m not there, but I think itā€™s not a good thingā€¦ we had a very civilized forum so far, letā€™s keep it that wayā€¦

Damn, now Iā€™m gonna end up being called racist just because I love BDSM? :wink:

5 Likes

Yeah, lets not do that

something something pot and kettle soemthing something

Exactly, this is why I hang around here. I am interested in RFID, and I find the people here to be helpful, charming, quirky and respectful in their own way.

1 Like

I thinkā€¦ dunno if itā€™s a good idea to talk about all that at all, but as usual, I just like to throw in my thoughts here.
Words can do harm. Words can lead to actions that do harm.
But still, I think that you can, to a certain degree, decide yourself how much power you give to someone using ā€œtoxicā€ language or whatever. People called me names all the time since my teenage years, and I decided not to give them the power to ā€œtraumatizeā€ me. So, someone who is offended by a singular, out-of-context word somewhere might, just my humble opinion, be overreacting.
People also threw stones at me during school time, so I might just be overly sensitive against people who claim to be traumatized by words, dunnoā€¦

1 Like

Did you notice how I didnā€™t post on Discord?

Did you notice how I didnt reply to ithritin on Discord.

Just respect.
Leaving them to ā€œtheirā€ spaceā€¦

1 Like

Well, I am in Oregon so let me see if I can fill in the blanks.

If you have a ton of pot and (a) kettle you probably work in the Oregon marijuana industry.

Is that right?

2 Likes

Reply to me about what? What did I do?
(Iā€™m not even talking on discord ya weirdo)

Words can bring physical or mental traumas back to mind. This is not necessarily a good thing.

If you have PTSD that severe then you probably wonā€™t be traveling the internet too much either.

I know, and I totally feel for people who have had such situations! But letā€™s be honest, the triggering word can be something like ā€œcellarā€ or ā€œcatā€ or whatever, so itā€™s just not possible to avoid that. And Iā€™m all against triggering people intentionally - itā€™s just that sometimes I have the feeling itā€™s just impossible to talk about something without triggering someone unintentionally, and thatā€™s really exhausting.
Like your example - someone being triggered by the word ā€œmasterā€. If that person was imprisoned or enslaved by some insane guy or gal and gets flashbacks because of that, okay, I agree this word is a problem. But people saying ā€œoh no, the term master was (obviously) used in the context of slavery, and therefore it is a baaad word in every possible occasionā€ is just a bit far-fetched for me. It all depends on context, like every kind of communication, and sometimes this is just intentionally ignored. And that, again, triggers me :smile:

1 Like

I think it all comes down to intent.

If somebody says something intentionally to offend somebody else, then they are an arsehole.

However people shouldnā€™t be afraid to say ANYTHING, if their intent is not to offend.

I believe humour cannot and should not be censored.
No subject should be ā€œout of boundsā€

2 Likes

Have you guys seen the spinning jellyfish?

2 Likes

That is awesome

I have made those rings myself and I have seen it done with a bottle cap spinning, but never a JellyFish

curious as to ur opinion on slurs

:unicorn_thumbs_up:
True that.
At least as long as

still applies :wink:

3 Likes

Idk why you replied to me on that, but honestly I think your ā€œintentā€ belief is severely flawed and really shitty.

But can you please also explain this?;

ā€¦cuz I wasnā€™t even talking on Discord

It makes me think about turbulance, and wonder how simply the diver just waves the little creature out of the spinning with a simple movement. :wave:
Screenshot 2021-04-10 at 21.30.42

2 Likes

I agree. Now can we get back to the jellyfish?

1 Like

It wasnā€™t today, it was from when you posted your snowflake meme in discord
( It was within rules, it was in the venting channel, so fine ).
I wanted to reply, but decided not to, because I just wanted to leave you to your own environment.

Not every post needs a reply, whether you agree with their statement or not.

Agreed