The antiđŸš«-derailment🚃 & threadđŸ§” hijackingđŸ”« threadđŸ§” ⁉

That dosnt mean you can’t be a fan it refers to the person being a fan.

I am a fan as I still like him.
I was a fan as I found out x.
I am a fan even though he has passed away.

Or
 I am a fan and occasionally shit hits me.

1 Like

He was - he was a prime example for total, pure tactlessness, and I kinda respect him for that :wink:
To be honest, I was feeling very sad for his wife
 they surely had ups and downs, I guess, but losing someone after more than 70 years of living together must be incredibly sad. I can’t imagine how lonely she feels

1 Like

Actually he was a very measured and tactful man. It’s just that he had a wry sense of humor and just couldn’t keep it in sometimes - to the enjoyment of us all.

Also, he was from another time. You can’t always judge yesterday’s folks by today’s standards. Romesh Ranganathan once said: old people have earned the right to call me a brownie :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yep, that’s a thing
 I thought several times “hell, you can’t say that today, no way!”, but it seemed like he didn’t care at all. That’s what I meant with tactlessness
 dunno, might be the wrong word for that, but I had some respect that he behaved that way.

And I can’t judge any of the related political stuff, for I have no clue about how much influence he actually had, so it’s just a little opinion with very little actual knowledge :smile:

Nah

1 Like

On the subject (and from your country):

That’s the power (or sadness) of different standards, old age and dementia.

3 Likes

way back when children were raised racist, thank god that’s in the past :smiley:

2 Likes

I am truly impressed by the poor censorship in that image. The URL watermark is not censored but contains exactly the same word that someone felt they had to censor from the image.

1 Like

Guys, what’s going on here?

I’m going to the cellar

I’m super confused as well

Haha, I know.
The censor missed a few tricks there

I don’t know, but it seems to have something to do with the sense of relief that all of these non British people have now that they have been released from the tyrannical rule of the Duke of Edinburgh.

4 Likes

Nah, it looks like there is some sensitivity-discussion going on in the background

2 Likes

Canuk is trying to stir up some shit, he can do that on discord, but it is not going to happen here.

not to further stir the pot or anything but is it not you who posted the original image??

To be honest I have to think that perhaps people are being overly sensitive when the use of the word master is censored when referring to the primary branch in a git repository.

But then perhaps I am wrong.