The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

was a huge fan*

1 Like

Random thought/question
Iā€™m about to start a project on a very large musical Tesla coil. Should I be worried about it potentially damaging my implants?

At least be mindful!
Iā€™d wear a Faraday-gloveā€¦ since I fried my FlexNT.

1 Like

noted

Howā€™d you fry your flexNT?

1 Like

flashblulb

I screwed a sucker like this in a socket while it was live.

He was indeed very entertaining.

Itā€™s a pity he didnā€™t quite manage to get a letter from his wife for reaching 100.

ā€œWe donā€™t come to Canada for our health. We can think of other ways of enjoying ourselves.ā€

ā€œI donā€™t think a prostitute is more moral than a wife, but they are doing the same thing.ā€

ā€œWhen a man opens a car door for his wife, itā€™s either a new car or a new wife.ā€

To a Scottish driving instructor, 1999: ā€œHow do you keep the natives off the booze long enough to pass the test?ā€

Talking about his equestrian-inclined daughter, Princess Anne: ā€œIf it doesnā€™t fart or eat hay, she isnā€™t interested.ā€

At a project to protect turtle doves in Anguilla in 1965, he said: ā€œCats kill far more birds than men. Why donā€™t you have a slogan: ā€˜Kill a cat and save a bird?ā€™ā€

2 Likes

What? You got electrocuted and it disabled your flexNT implant?

These bulbs were designed for cameras like you might remember Weegee posing with.
Screenshot 2021-04-09 at 21.08.23
It seemed to be a cheap entertainment trying to fry the bulb with 230V.
The bulb flashed, the iron filament mostly evaporated.
ā€¦ you can imagine the restā€¦ the chip is unresponsive since then.

gross. what a ā€œcharmingā€ man

2 Likes

I actually canā€™t imagine that at all. Did the electricity or the flash disable your flexNT? Like, honestly, what are we even talking about here? Sorry if Iā€™m being dense.

Once I get it out under my skin I photograph it, then shove it in a vial, post it to Amal and he might explain. I know how ridiculous it sounds, I had a stage of denial as well. It doesnā€™t change the fact that the chip is fired :fries:

I could be off the Mark here, as itā€™s a pretty big reach

But you quickly dumped a large current thru a small (usually coiled) firmament

Is it possible you made the 1900s equivalent of an Rfidkill emp?

The filament must have created a field that might have induced unwanted currents in the chip. The bulb was designed to operate on low voltage for a split second.

I learnt the lesson on the hard way. Iā€™d suggest to do silly experiments with a diagnostic card first, rather then an implanted device. Trust me, itā€™s much better to spend 40bucks on an accessory then Ā£xxx and the hassle on re-installing.

You didnā€™t happen to record it did you? :video_camera:

Nope.
The fuse blew out, that had to be troubleshooted. I only noticed the issue in a few days.
I thought about everything(!) that could have caused this to happenā€¦
Actually!!! I checked a bunch of junk (technical term) at the shop and one was a device that I had no clue what it was.
Do you know those devices that demagnetise mechanical watches that are rapidly gaining time? The larger antenna of the Flex could explain why the Vivokey at R3 was undamaged but the flex at R middle finger fried.

I remember thinking that box was some adapter. I felt the buzz for a split second with my magnet. In fact those demagnetisers are meant to fry the security NFC tags.
That would be a more plausible solution. I guess the flash with the blown fuse was literally a brighter memory compared to an odd device in a camera shop.

1 Like

Thatā€™s crazy man. Iā€™m sorry to hear

Hmm no, HEā€™s dead. Iā€™m still here and Iā€™m still a fan :slight_smile:

6 Likes

hes dead

1 Like