The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Iā€™m only popping in and out :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Aww Iā€™m sad I missed the dead hooker chat.
But Iā€™ll beat a dead horse and jump in anyways. If I thought @Zwack and @Pilgrimsmaster had a trunk load of dead hookers and needed a place to dump them, Iā€™d be offended to. Do you two have a trunk load of dead hookers to dumpā€¦?
If not, I guess that was a joke.

Not everyone finds everyoneā€™s humour funny.

My favourite joke is this

2 cows standing in a field, one says hey, are you worried about mad cow disease? The other says ā€œwhat do I care? Iā€™m a helicopter!ā€

Did you snicker or blow air out your nose?
If so does that make you anti-mental wellness? Or anti trans as the cow may be now identifying as a helicopter?
Probably not.

This group of people here are some of the friendliest and most accepting people I have come across- and I started out pretty rough.

I 100% agree that @anon2520759 should have not been brushed off, you have a voice here. If you donā€™t like the conversation - speak up as you did, let us all try to see things from your side, but please consider doing the same - they were not being hostile.

Much love and support. For everyone.

3 Likes

Heartless.

5 Likes

@LordSethos2000 ā€¦ if you have to say anything about beating dead horses in your post related to a sensitive topic already hashed out, prob best not to postā€¦ let it die

5 Likes

Just to be clear here, thereā€™s nothing you can do to ever change a personā€™s mind about how they feel about certain topics. These same discussions were had, Iā€™m sure, surrounding n-word jokes and other things we all today would consider in bad taste if not downright offensiveā€¦ The scope of what you consider to be a joke just does not match up with the other persons. No amount of discussion is going to result in that changing, so just respect when someone speaks up and move on.

3 Likes

Not one bit!
I was actually angered that your stress wasnā€™t answered for. There was no solid resolution and that sucks.
Iā€™m not defending anyoneā€™s comments, but I damn sure will defend peopleā€™s ability to speak to the death of me.

So, thank you for voicing your disgust. It hurts to know that two members who are actually quite awesome are disliked, but thatā€™s how it goes.

Letā€™s not give people any ideas about n-word jokes, given peopleā€™s history Iā€™m sure thereā€™s quite a few who would jump at the chance to voice their opinion about that snowflake-covered issue :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

If weā€™re on the topic of jokes and defending peopleā€™s ā€œrightā€ to speak them, I had a joke about a bonfire that had me rolling, but I seem to recall there was a difference consensus about that one.

3 Likes

It was unnecessary to bring back the subject, after they already expressed being upset about it.

6 Likes

Can we just go back to talking about how shitty paypal is?

3 Likes

PayPal is my last resort, I still have an account, but avoid using it wherever possible.
Unfortunately, it is really simple to use and it just works and itā€™s fast.

It is like the BlueCloner
It is good for what it does, it has flaws and if you have alternatives you should use those instead.

Speaking of which, does anybody have a good alternative to PayPal?
I have used XE money transfer, it is easy to use and the fees are fair but it is not fast ( actually quite slow) , and there is not the same level of uptake with online businesses

1 Like

For transferring between friends/family/whatever, cashapp is great. Instant transfers and can get instant transfer into your bank for 25 cents or without fees in up to 2 business days.

1 Like

Unfortunately they (PayPal) also own venmo tooā€¦ for international payments and things we are exploring transferwise which is just now wise.comā€¦ but itā€™s not geared for merchant paymentsā€¦ more recurring vendor payments etc.

2 Likes

Have you ever tried paying internationally with cashapp? Iā€™m curious about fees
( I tried researching it myself but I need to download and sign up etcā€¦ )

wise.com fees donā€™t look greatā€¦

But as mentioned, not what they are set up for

I donā€™t mind paying fees as they ā€œclip the ticketā€ but just ā€œdonā€™t pull the pissā€

I have Cash app and it works well when it works. Sometimes it will flag a transaction as ā€œsuspiciousā€ when I am paying with my card and there is nothing I can do to fix it.

At those times I have to pay with an alternate method.

I havenā€™t tried it myself but this is what their website says about international transfer

1 Like

Ah, sorry, I should have updated
It was only if you knew off the top of your head. But thanks for the reply.
I kept digging after I asked, This is what I found

1 Like

Youā€™re welcome to pop in more often, youā€™re missed on here

3 Likes

Totally agree thereā€¦

Gladly Google pay has become just as easy to use and is stretching to cover Paypalā€™s userbase fairly fast! - insert sarcasm sign here -

Ironically, Paypal is also the number one go-to payment method for literally every single item on their ā€œforbidden listā€, and that kinda makes me chuckle.

Closest thing: Save your credit card info on your firefox account.
Then pay with credit card, which is autofilled from there. (you might need a tiny tweak on some pages to make credit card fields pre-fillable)
Itā€™s actually even faster than using paypal.
:woman_shrugging:

1 Like

grafik
???

thats new :smiley:

Same for me, but I wrote it off and figured I was just unobservant or something

Weirdly I see it constantly regardless of a post or not, nor does it affect my ability to post