The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

I mean, thats a good law, but was this ever actually an issue?

No, that is was my point.

1 Like

These laws always make me feel like weā€™re over here distributing condoms and out of touch legislators are standing on the statehouse steps with a megaphone shouting ā€œRape is illegal!!!ā€

3 Likes

Iā€™ll give you a potential law that would be good - and Iā€™m only half joking: if you do have an implant, your employer should be required to install suitable readers to let you in the company facilities.

Itā€™s not that far-fetched: if you have a disability, most countries require employers to make arrangements so you have equal access and opportunities as fully abled employees. What Iā€™m saying is, there should be a law that require employers to give augmented humans the opportunity to make good use of their augmentation.

2 Likes

THIS :+1:

Few more days and Iā€™ll sponsor my block of flats some good readers cause I canā€™t use ONE DAMN DOORS from one side onlyā€¦

1 Like

ā€œWhile these miniature devices are on the rise, so are the calls of workers to have their privacy protected,ā€ Kahle said.

bullshit. nobody except conspiracy bill gates covid-19 vaccine rfid chip bullshit people were worried about this nonsense.

2 Likes

also let me just sayā€¦ iā€™m still annoyed as fuck that legislators CONTINUE to make bills and try to pass laws WITHOUT a single reach-out to the actual makers of this technology. I never have ever received so much as an email from any of these so called ā€œleadersā€. It irritates me to no end that people who are completely and utterly ignorant on so many topics never bother to learn a damn thing about it before ā€œleading from their gutā€ā€¦ guts are fucking stupidā€¦ guts are literally full of shitā€¦ and youā€™re making laws with that shit in your guts. I hate that.

6 Likes

Itā€™s the same for most topics of interest politicians meddle with: they have no fucking clue, and they donā€™t seem to find it necessary to ask experts for their opinion. Apparently their own is enough.

But you know what? Thereā€™s something one should always keep in mind about people in power: they were voted in. Theyā€™re not the problem, theyā€™re a symptom that people elect any old jackass based on how good they look on TV, not how competent they are, or how willing to get advice from those who are before passing legistlation if theyā€™re not.

In short: what pisses you off isnā€™t the decision-makers, but the retarded voting population who elected them.

1 Like

Yeahā€¦ i mean holy shitā€¦

But I also think itā€™s a problem of interests and prioritiesā€¦ smarter people tend to not want to get involved in politics of any kind. I think Bill Gates at one point was asked why he didnā€™t run for any kind of office, and he replied with something to the effect of ā€œBecause I want to get things done, and I can do that more effectively in the private sector.ā€

Politics is not a means to change the world, it is centered on ego and vanityā€¦ and that perfectly describes why itā€™s a retard feedback loopā€¦ a cyclotron of drooling morons whoā€™s self-absorbed oscillations constantly wreak havoc on the rest of us. Dr. Strangelove makes so much more sense nowā€¦ the politicians are sapping and contaminating ā€œour precious bodily fluidsā€ā€¦

bieeyyy

1 Like

Iā€™d sooner put Mark Zuckerberg, Sergey Brin and Larry Page in prison than Bill Gates.

1 Like

You forgot about

tenor (6)

1 Like

imma just leave this hereā€¦

3 Likes

Any of yaā€™ll excited for Cyberpunk 2077? What life path you guys gonna play?

2 Likes

We got us a thread for that

3 Likes

Dude. Every time I get the feeling that maybe we can all just get along and work together with mutual goals and really achieve somethingā€¦ I see the ugly truthā€¦ we gotta get our own island and shoot anyone who comes over uninvited, like one of those isolated tribes or something.

3 Likes

George Carlin said it best,

ā€œThink of how stupid the average person is, then realise half of them are stupider than that.ā€

7 Likes

Thatā€™s an interesting puncture wound :adhesive_bandage:
@Backpackingvet What have you been doing to yourself?

1 Like

My electric bike and trying to have fun. Was going up a hill that levels out every few feet so I can do 20 up them and get a nice fun wheelie out of each about 4 times. Same going down, but I donā€™t do that as often. Only when I am drinking.

So I was going up and my battery was at 35% and I was only doing about 16 up the hill. I guess I am so used to it going faster and carrying me through, I expected it. It didnā€™t happen so I ate it, which is fine, I wear a helmet and I had a favemask on, along with sunglasses, so I k ew no one recognized me. So I went to the bottom of the hill and did it again and finished it.

I got home and looked at my leg, I had a little blood trail, but not too bad. So I go to clean it and I pushed around it and it was basically a giant popped hematoma. Gross alert. I pushed on it and my finger shock down and pushed a combo of fat and blood out. It was a lot of it. I could also see deep down, so I knew I needed at least one stitch.
so yeah. 4 hours at one ED, got pissed and went home after midnight. They still had yet to call me. I woke my wife up with my grunts of pain as I was pouring everclear on it. She made me go back to the ED. I went to a different one and was in and out in 35 minutes.

Long story short, I think I found my new desire of an electric ride.

1 Like

Woo im the 600th post. I expect the 66th one from now is an implant under a pentagram tattoo.
Also fyi, my implant survived a motorcycle crash. Hand didnt crush but I did punch the gas tank due to the force. A car turned in front of me and my bike summersaulted. Thankfully I am all about safety so my face is intact and minimal bruising.
Dent in the frame so will probably total out. Closest I will ever be to getting inside a Mercedes.