The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

I hate hearing this argument, like cmon when youā€™re near a MRI someone with a scalpel cant be farā€¦

2 Likes

Thatā€™s as maybe. But letā€™s not forget shall we: unlike some of you who enjoy that sort of thing, the less I get scalpeled open, the better I feel.

4 Likes

The only alternative for me was an ultrasound guided needle into my spine for precise contrast delivery.

Yeah, a scalpel is usually close.

I feel they would make you have an appointment to have a foreign item surgically removed. At least the one I work at would make you have it removed elsewhere.

This is why Iā€™m ok with a lifting magnet in my arm but hesitant about a finger install

Much easier to get it out of my forearm with little hassleā€¦ less nerves and blood

A finger tip is going to be a lot more resistant to coming out and probably more painful

Plus it canā€™t just go back in easy later,

1 Like

They might not be far away, but unless they are scheduled in advance then they wonā€™t necessarily have the facilities ready and one of the reasons for an MRI is that it allows seeing inside without opening you up and risking infection. Otherwise they could just knock you out and take a look every time you had an issue.

Here in the US, itā€™s common to have diagnostic imaging centers which are not inside hospitalsā€¦ their independent imaging businesses that deal with x-rays and MRIs and ultrasoundsā€¦ so there are actually no scalpels in the buildingā€¦ But yes removal is an easy solution.

1 Like

To be fair, I usually carry a Crane with a non-sterile #11 scalpel blade, but just because I have a scalpel doesnā€™t mean I want someone cutting my hand open. :unicorn_scared:

1 Like

Since I installed my xglo Iā€™ve always carried a scalpel in my car and tbh I would not be afraid to use it if I had any doubt

For those of you playing along at home, but are in the dark :wink: about what the Devil he is taking about :wink:

To answer your questions

• NO YOU CANT BUY IT

• BECAUSE IT IS ACTUALLY A DANGEROUS THING

3 Likes

Doesnā€™t mean I donā€™t want one :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Until someone on the biohack.me forum makes one again and Amal needs to give us a safer alternative :wink:

4 Likes

Weā€™re quite safe then: nothing ever happens on biohack.me. Stephen Hawkingā€™s dead body is probably more active than that forum.

5 Likes

I dont want to be safe, I want radioactive implants D:

1 Like

Easy: go chip some wood in Pripyat until you get a splinter :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Given that I was used by the Health Physics department at a nuclear physics lab as the control sample for monthly tritium testing for several employees several years after tritium was no longer used in that lab, I donā€™t blame you for carrying, and being willing to use a scalpel in that case.

I worked in the Health Physics department but had no known exposure to tritium. I also managed to keep my overall exposure below recordable limits (I wore a film badge, and followed the guidelines).

With a half life of 12.3 years are you sure? A glow in the dark resin might not be as bright now, but should remain equally bright over time.

cough
Ask me about safe glowing implantsā€¦ :wink:

5 Likes

I was actually wondering if Steve Haworths glow-in-the-dark silicone implants where safe :rofl:

I think they are - mine is a bit older than a year now, and I had zero problems with it.
Aaaaaand itā€™s not radioactive and not toxic, which is pretty nice as well :smile:

2 Likes

I am thinking about getting one after my Titan :sweat_smile:
How bright are they and how long does the glow last? I remember childhood glow-in-the-dark toys that barely lasted a minute and even my glow-in-the-dark sights on my shooty-shooty-bang-bang only last about 10mins

1 Like