The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

I saw pilgrim start typing immediately, and I was like ā€œainā€™t beating me to it this timeā€

Love low hanging fruit lol

To be fair @rosco,
I can appreciate a pretty gunā€¦ specifically the level of craftsmanship that goes into it is a dying art

But I donā€™t like complex for complex sake, I like uniquely pretty things

Did you see the turnbull nighthawk that used mammoth tusk for the grips? That was very different and cool

Not that one particularly, but I did see mammoth tusk-made objects upclose. We sold a few knives with handles made of the stuff, and we used it for inlays also. By main recollection of it is that it was incredibly pricey, dull as shit to look at, and it stunk even worse than horns or hooves when working it.

Mammoth tusk is another one of those things rich people like to have not because itā€™s beautiful, but because itā€™s rare and because it makes a statement on their ability to afford it. Kind of like platinum or rhodium inlays. Never understood the attraction as a non-rich person blessed with a sense of taste.

Huh
I do remember that gun having some funkā€¦ I never put 2 and 2 togetherā€¦ I never really gave it thought

I wouldnā€™t call it dull, at least the one I hand on my shelfā€¦ it was mesmerizing honestly

It makes sense really: not only are tusks, horns, nails, hooves stinky to begin with, but the mammoth version also spend millenia slowly rotting underground alongside rotting meat. It canā€™t smell of rose.

Iā€™d never want it on a gunā€¦ given my brutish qualities

But Iā€™ve thought about it oftenā€¦ I could see it being very tasteful on a pocket knifeā€¦

I think Iā€™d be cool to somehow made an obsidian blade for it, but thatā€™s not really practical

Obsidian blade with a mammoth tusk handleā€¦ Are you sure you ainā€™t related to Fred Flintstone? :slight_smile:

combining an obsidian blade ith a mammoth tusk handle

Thatā€™s some kind of elegant caveman shit right thereā€¦I like it

HAHAHA, Fuck I am slow todayā€¦Yeah what Rosco said :arrow_heading_up:

I AM quite passionate about leaving workā€¦ who knows?

Damn bubba, you got beat to the punch twice in a row.

Bam!

1 Like

Speaking of old Timey stuff,

Lately Iā€™ve had the odd desire for a flintlock pistol, but I have no idea what I want

You want a real one, first and foremost. 99% of whatā€™s on the market is fakes that will readily blow your face off if you attempt to fire em.

The real ones are quite pricey though.

Yea itā€™s a weird and oddly niche market

The fake makers figured nobody fires a real antique, and collectors either put them in storage or hang them over the mantlepiece. Usually that holds true. But you better do your homework if you intent to use one for real.

Alternatively, you could make your own, if youā€™re willing to learn a bit of smithing.

UNLESS he actually wants to blow his face offā€¦then that might be a good option :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Having seen a few detailed photos in a trauma medicine class, of an individual who tried to commit suicide via shotgun to the chin, and removed his jaw/face

And was still alive and conscious

Iā€™m gunna pass

Punny

I donā€™t know, it worked for Kurt Cobainā€¦

1 Like

Frankly using Mammoth tusk seems like some of the things made out of Meteorite becauseā€¦ I like meteorites, but I like them as themselves. Making them into scales on a knife just seems odd to me.

I think itā€™s cool in a, as literally as it can be said ā€œold schoolā€ sort of way

You keep doing you.

Youā€™re still wrong :unicorn_upset_disappointed:

:rofl:

Damn, donā€™t sugar cost that or anything haha