The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

This should explainā€¦not as good as @miststlkr but still worth a read anyway

1 Like

If you have a magnet in your tragus it acts as one half of a speaker, the other half is a coil you wear somewhere on your body like a necklace and it transmits sounds wirelessly while an observer is none the wiser.

Brilliant. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I donā€™t have much faith in humanity in the best of times, but I lost whatever I still had today. My laptop got stolen today in my hospital room. What rotter steals shit in hospitals, reallyā€¦ If I was a thief, places like that would be off limit.

I mean I knew it happens, but it hits home when it happens to you and the last thing you need is go to a computer store, reinstall an OS, restore a backup - and in my case, learn to type on a fucking Finnish keyboard.

1 Like

You spelled CUNT incorrectly

What a coincidence, look what I saw less than 5 mins ago

Hehe yes. The Finns donā€™t invent words when they donĀØt need to.

Hereā€™s another bit of fun Finnish: learn to count to 100. Fast-forward to start the headeache :slight_smile:

Haha, well is is efficient, for a little whileā€¦

then it gets ridiculous

So long they cropped it off the screen

To be fair, thatā€™s the schoolbook form. Nobody says ā€œkaksikymmentƤā€ here but ā€œkaks-kytā€,

And about the word MAA (ground): add -ILMA (air) and youĀØve got MAAILMA which means ā€œworldā€. Makes sense: the ground below and the air above is the entire world. Clever eh?

1 Like

Yep, simple and effective

Finnish isnā€™t the only language to do this with numbers. French has the wonderful quatre-vingts while Scottish Gaelic has an even more obvious x and ten.

English isnā€™t even that different.

Sixty-one. Seventy-three. Ninety-nine.

Any chance it was security or something?
If I wasnā€™t planning to be ditching apple soon due to their snooping thru phones ( which apparently theyā€™ve been doing for years it recently came to light)

I would be playing with air tags, Iā€™ve seen some people split the casings and make them even smaller and sneak them inside things

Took a photo of my flexClass earlier in the flexClass channel. Just thought to try a Titan too!

Hereā€™s another of the flexClass to save you having to go look

1 Like

Thatā€™ll do it hahah

5 Likes

And a xSIID and flexEM

1 Like

Someone just slipped into the room and helped themselves to the black laptop bag in the cupboard. Could be staff or some random dude passing by. There is no security: itā€™s a hospital. My mom had a bunch of cash swiped in similar circumstances when she was in the theater getting her first knee prosthesis years ago. But that was in Belgium. I expected better from the Finns. Seems as though thieves will be thieving regardless of their nationalityā€¦

Jokeā€™s on them though: they inherited an 8 year old el-cheapo no-brand Chinese laptop with a Belgian French layout keyboard and an encrypted root partition. What bothers me is, it was still working like a champ for what I used it for. Iā€™m not a demanding users, but theyā€™ll probably ditch it when they see how fast it goes. It was my little buddy laptop that refused to die and I know itā€™ll end up in a landfill for zero good reason. Iā€™m incredibly sad about that.

And I had gotten used to the weirdo Belgian French keyboard layout, that I could type on without looking. Now Iā€™m back to hunting and pecking on this alien Finnish layout keyboard, which is also unconventional to boot, being a laptop keyboard. Or so my neighbor says: heā€™s a Finnish computer engineer and he canā€™t make head or tail of the damn keyboard either.

2 Likes

Sounds like you are in the market for an ā€œel cheapoā€ but decent Linux Laptop with the choice of either ISO or ANSI Keyboard Variants

2 Likes

The hospital chain I work for does have security, but the number of patients and family that are around normally makes it unlikely that just any random thief is going to stick out.

I am sorry that you lost your laptop though.

Yeah well, I needed a replacement quickly. So I picked whatever was on sale at the local computer store.

Also, each time I buy another machine in another country, Iā€™m faced with either choosing to stick a bunch of stickers over the keys and using the US layout, or learning whatever country layout there is. Since Iā€™m too lazy to do the former, I invariably end up doing the latter :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, shit happens. I guess the upside is that Iā€™ll finally learn to type on the local weirdo keyboards. Itā€™s actually high time I did that for work.

2 Likes

Out of stock for the foreseeable future due to the global chip shortage. :frowning: