The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Why use sutures, increasing skin perforations if an alternative works?

Not a must, just sizing options

2 Likes

Well, tbh, Iā€™m likely doing a self install.

Uhh I just plan to have it installed and use a regular bandage. Maybe a butterfly if I can manage it, or superglue on the butterfly, and pushed down.

Idk, I donā€™t care much about the scar tbh.

I also am still torn between my install needle. Or the blunt end of a specific scalpel. @greydoc ever see incisions and pockets made with those green BD scalpel? Idk, it just seems like a safer bet for a self install.

I do not condone selfies

Edit. Iā€™ve had some pretty bad cuts, With a lot dirtier. Lots of stupid decisions. One day if we are all together drinking, we can talk.

2 Likes

images (23)

3 Likes

I would be game for a Midwest-ish cyborg meetup

2 Likes

Translation for Non Americansā€¦ Midwest is a term used by Americans to mean stuff thatā€™s on the eastern side of the country, but not actually on the Atlantic Ocean.

This is like when an Englishman says ā€œThe Northā€ and means anything North of Watford Gap. :rofl:

1 Like

Itā€™s more the middle, Mid for short I suppose

2 Likes

I guess I shouldnā€™t ask what happened to your middle eastā€¦I think we all know

4 Likes

For anything dermal you really shouldnā€™t need full on sutures, Iā€™ve used glue or butterflyā€™s with all my installs.

With a one inch incision and dermal lifting you may have issues with opposition of the edges in which a suture may be useful, I would use something small and dissolvable like a Vicryl Rapide 3.0 you would only need 2 or 3 simple interrupted throws. That being said though, butterfly and tagiderm for the win in most cases.

With regard to the procedure itself, I wouldnā€™t recommend a self install (necessary online disclaimer). In a recent WalletMor install I used lube and the provided needle and was able to create an ample pocket without any kind of scalpel or dermal lift.

For recovery purposes, tearing is always better than cutting if that gives you any ideas.

3 Likes

Depending on how far north in Mn you are I still need to get a couple things from Minneapolis I have in storage.

1 Like

The town I live in is on 52. The cities is about an hour away.

Where about in the Midwest are you?

The mitten across the lake :slight_smile:

That would be quite the drive.

1 Like

I was thinking maybe we could plan something near Illinois, itā€™s a fairly central location

Iā€™m sure there are other cyborgs in the Midwest I just donā€™t remember who

3 Likes

I want that

They have that place we can go eat with our hands and watch horse jousting in Chicago.

red-knight

f5671203-ffdb-4d7b-80e0-df85aed91b70_text

2 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: ā€œLets pretend to be developersā€ :slight_smile:

Iā€™m in Indiana, either central or northwestern depending on time of year. Would definitely be good with meeting in Chicago or something, thatā€™d be good for a lot of the great lakes states.

1 Like

I was hoping Chicago wouldnā€™t become the center point (I am disgruntled at the city for legal reasons) but I figured this was probably going to happen lol

Iā€™d still go for a Chicago meet up

Depending on how many people we get interested it could range from a few regulars having some drinks and meeting IRL, to possibly a super abridged ā€œimplants for the non initiatedā€ if newbies catch wind and want to join us

Maybe we should make a thread

1 Like