The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

MidWest Meetup?

You make it and intro, Ill move the posts :+1:

2 Likes

I see you have made it, and there has been some contributions already, So let me know if you want me to move the posts from here ( which will throw out your message timeline ) or just let 'em die in here, Iā€™m happy either way

1 Like

I donā€™t see anything too important if it doesnā€™t get moved

I wish that was me on the rightā€¦

3 Likes

You ever noticed how they give you more captchas the more protection you have?

Like not even reasonable more, if Iā€™m on TOR and blocking everything but captchas I have to spend minutes solving little AI riddles to read a fucking blog post. I hate captchas so much.
Btw, this works some times.

2 Likes

Big data doesnā€™t like anonymity. The more you block scripts, the more stuff they throw at you to make you stop.

In the case of TOR, the company thatā€™s singlehandedly responsible for serving up those captchas is Cloudflare. Thatā€™s one hateful bunch of sumbitches I wish would burn in hell.

2 Likes

Some of these chinese products make me think that Iā€™d need chinese furniture with extremely thin doorsā€¦

D_NQ_NP_726367-CBT48048060625_102021-O

The communist party in the PRC imposes very strict standards on how hard doors and furniture should be for the police to bust open when they come get ya in the middle of the night.

1 Like

As much as I hate the CCP, something tells me that youā€™re joking.

However, the marketing picture that I posted earlier does not inspire confidenceā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m partially joking :slight_smile:

Do you often see pure Chinese products that inspire confidence? Itā€™s getting better for sure these days, but Chinese-branded products - particularly consumer products - are rarely something you know will be quality-built, durable and well-engineered.

1 Like

Last couple of interesting looking Chinese products I saw were direct rip offs of designs that someone else had produced and paid a Chinese factory to make them, so the factory also stole the design. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

A sizable portion of my rather large collection of vaping mods is Chinese ripoffs: they work great on account of the good western design for a fraction of the stupid price the original US companies asked for the genuine articles. So Iā€™m not complaining :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I hope some advertisment is okay hereā€¦ I just saw that one of my all-time favourite games is for sale on steam, and since I spent tons of hours with it and enjoyed it a lot, I thought I might just share it.

To be honest, it has nothing to do with implants or cyborgs, but it has a wonderful gloomy setting and tons of great storys - with quite a few interesting ethical decisions to be made, and thatā€™s what made me think it might be interesting to some of you :wink:
If itā€™s not, just ignore this postā€¦^^

edit: ha, the number one on my list of favourite games is for sale as well!

Maybe itā€™s a bit too ā€œoldā€, graphic-wise, but it tells an impressive storyā€¦

2 Likes

Planescape: Torment FTW! So much nostalgiaā€¦

1 Like

I love all those little storys around the main plot - the main story is really great (and sad, and beautiful), but the amazing moments are the stones in the sennsate room (with the recorded memories), the story of Es-Annon, the girl who walked tons of planes and is afraid of portals now or the giant golem who forges the weapons of entropy.
Itā€™s just incredibly creative and strange and unique. And the soundtrack is hauntingā€¦

1 Like

Thatā€™s so well known in the car community that people call over to factories to figure out what off brand turbos are just clones of high end ones.

I personally hate that and try to buy from the original company when possible.

1 Like

So you only buy human-cyborg implants from Dangerous Things :logo_dt_circle:

:vault_boy_thumbs_up:

2 Likes

22 posts were split to a new topic: Bears vs. Penguins

If you drew a line down the middle of the country then yes, it would run through ā€œthe mid westā€ā€¦ But the far western end of it.

When looking at compass points you donā€™t call the direction between North and East ā€œNorth Westā€. Can I suggest we divide the continental US into five groups, the Atlantic coast, The Pacific coast, the middle, the inland east and the inland west. Those titles are descriptive and donā€™t need explanations about why ā€œthe mid-westā€ includes so many states in the North East quadrant of the country, and none in the South.