The anti🚫-derailment🚃 & thread🧵 hijacking🔫 thread🧵 ⁉

I believe that Chester has a similar law regarding Welshmen inside the city walls at night. :laughing:

UK is full of such charming laws… :joy:

I heard a couple others as well about “X people, inside city walls at night”… each place had it’s own rivalries, I guess…

And there was a small town near Essex where they still had signage up about being illegal to sell any beverage in sizes other than Pints. :thinking:

:rofl: full of strange laws that one

Be gay.
Do crime.

4 Likes

HatefulHeartyElephantseal-max-1mb

2 Likes

Sometimes I go 10 mph over the speed limit.

1 Like

Sometimes speed limit is 10mph below what it should really be…
so you’re probably fine there. :wink:

2 Likes

I got a ticket for driving too slowly years ago (and multiple warnings before that) because when I drive - which isn’t often - I like to hypermile. Luckily the speed limit here on most Finnish roads is 80 kph, which is right up my alley: I can drive at the posted speed limit and save fuel :slight_smile:

Just read a paper about this :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Musil B et al. 2017, pp.5-6
DOI: 10.3389/fpsyg.2017.00082

A coupla years ago, I saw George Carlin’s bit on Flamethrowers. This really got me wondering on how hard they would be to build. Turns out, pretty easy. Not that I would have built a flamethrower. Flamethrowers are illegal. However I did put together a pretty nifty brush pile lighter. I could light a brush pile from 30+ feet away.

Couple of years later my place got robbed and it was taken. Cops recovered it, and I owned up to it. Nothing more was said, they didn’t bother to offer to return it with the rest of my stuff and I didn’t ask for either.

2 Likes
4 Likes

Are you sure? I thought only California and made them illegal?

They are legal in most states

My buddy’s got one

2 Likes

Anything is illegal if you piss off enough of the right people. It’s in a grey area, subject to interpretation. Which means when the local cops have your actual unit, don’t make too much noise about it. You’ll win in court, but it’s a Pyrric victory. Besides, I’d already had my fun and it was collecting dust in the corner.

FWIW, there’s an indescribable feeling when you reach your hand around to the base of your skull to open the homemade valve that puts 800psi of pressure on 3.5 gallons of diesel / gas mix, that is literally pressed against the length of your spine.

Yea I draw a line on hand held flamethrowers for me

Not that it means much, but I greatly value the ability to ditch when possible

I saw this article today, but a lot of us here have already been doing this in multiple and quite interesting ways over this past year… People Get Microchips Implanted That Include Vaccine Records Amid New COVID Restrictions

4 Likes

Weed burners are legal… propane burners for brush burning etc. But anything that ejects flaming liquid or gel fuel is illegal.

1 Like

Is that like a Bong? :wink:

ted-comedy

1 Like

Me too - that’s all I really wanted mine to do.
Green xsiid in my middle finger :wink:

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=propane+weed+burner