The antiđŸš«-derailment🚃 & threadđŸ§” hijackingđŸ”« threadđŸ§” ⁉

Hi everyone,

I was scrolling into the chat finding some interesting argument to read about and then I found the post of Yeka, so I decided to reply and write for the first time on the DT forum.

My name is Francesco, I am Italian, 29 years old and I am the ceo of a small Italian start-up named Novemm.

Novemm is the result of a partnership with VivoKey (as enabling technology partner/OEM) that allow Novemm to offer private label Apex wearables, bracelet and ring, aimed exclusively at B2B customers, primarily banks but possibly also fintechs, cryptoexchanges, DeFi wallet and other 3rd party providers.

Actually Apex bracelet is in the public beta product stage and it will be released soon either on the B2C (sold by VivoKey) and B2B (sold by Novemm) market, but unfortunately at the moment there’s no official time to market for the Apex bracelet and Apex ring (either B2B and B2C) and anyway we’ll officially launch on the market Apex B2B project only when Apex B2C wearables will be realased on the market, and you know well theese are informations that only our Lord commander knows :slight_smile:

One of the main Novemm long term goal is supporting important DeFi wallet projects to bring on the market real crypto wallet payments in POS and mobile contactless transactions.

Actual crypto cards (as the Binance one) are a fake trivial attempt to the blockchain meaning and values, because those cards don’t run any bitcoin/ethereum/etc
 wallet applet.

We also hope to integrate soon VivoKey APIs with some important DeFi project like Bitcoin or Ethereum forks to authorize mobile access and transactions; and maybe an Apex branded wearable could convince them :slight_smile:

There is some company going into this whit real crypto cards, as the long dead project of Fidesmo unplugged, Arculus or Sugi Wallet, bit I’m sure a bracelet/ring hardware wallet form factor could be interesting to experiment for mobile app DeFi wallet projects.

When it comes to B2B project now it’s time for banks the but here is where it comes a Basic level, unless banks integrate also VivoKey APIs to offer Strong Customer Authentication through private label Apex wearables (and not only Fidesmo APIs to connect the tokenization service to offer tokenized payments through Apex wearables).

The banking and DeFi space are for sure fields where B2B Apex wearables can represent a game-changer device, either for technology and form factor.

This was a deserved short introduction for the DT community forum.

More details about the B2B project will be given in the next months.

Thanks for support guys, stay tuned.

5 Likes

Really off topic, but that’s the thread, right?

Let me preface this by saying I may be the most musically illiterate person you’ll ever know. I had to look up a c-major cord, but first I had to look up a chord, so go easy at me.

I’m looking to make a xylophone as part of a larger project. I’m planning to cut larger diameter pipe, (2 to 2.5 inch diameter) according to the math found HERE.

My question is, what effect does the thickness of the pipe, and / or the material of the pipe (copper, steel, aluminum) have on it’s sound?

Also, would the mounting points used to support each pipe have an effect on sound if moved closer to, or further from the ends of the pipe?

The thickness and material I do not know. Where to mount however is a pretty big thing for how it will sound. look at how the bars are mounted in a standard xylophone or marimba they should give you a solid indication of where to mount the pipes for the best sound.

1 Like

I have little to no musical ability, but I could take a shitty material property guess that for a set material, a thicker wall would be stiffer and result in less flexibility

I think flex is good for what you want as it would soften the bounce down the tube giving a more uniform tone?

Or alternatively it could absorb some of the vibrations and reduce your volume

I’m no expert, but here’s how I understand it
Thickness of the pipe would likely affect volume, or how hard you have to whack it to make a certain volume, as well as how long the note was sustained.
Mounting points would likely also change how long the note was sustained, the more rigidly mounted it is, the shorter it’ll vibrate.
The actual tone is mostly determined by the standing waves in the pipe, which is determined by length. Unless they’re weird pipes and then you could get a bit of the helmholtz resonance that throws things off. In general, I believe the main wavelength in a pipe is roughly 2x the length of said pipe

I’ve spent way to much time trying to accurately determine the height of water bottles from the frequency of the tone they produce when you blow over the top to make that humming noise, and that’s what I understand so far

I don’t know much on the math of this but I did play xylophone for 4 years.
As others have mentioned the mounting point and distance from key makes a huge difference you dont want then to be too rigid or too loose, too far away from the keys or aluminum.
As for the resonators (your pipes) material I wouldn’t recommend using anything other than copper or aluminium. Aluminum is obviously more common because it’s cheaper.
As for the materials of the keys Rosewood is best.

If you’re going for more of a Glockenspiel instead (which would be easier if it fits your project) you can make the keys of steel bars.

Just wanted to mention, if you want to listen to a great album full of bells, you’ll enjoy this very much:

2 Likes

White russians are great!!
(Bloody hell
 out of context this sentence is terrible!!! Think that drink just got an extra reason why to love it)

Lager beer is an acquired taste.
IPA beer is a hipster’s bad joke.

Maybe you’ll like some smooth Wheat beers. Those are nice as a hearthy meal drink.
Thinking of Belgian stuff, fruity Allembic beers are also great! (but you need to find a good brand. there are some great ones which you might like, but there are some terrible ones as well)

Now, Porter and Imperial stout
 Now we’re talking! Perfect end-of-a-long-day beer.

Although I’m myself a whiskey person, I wouldn’t reccommend to you given your description.

That’s a classic!!

And that, my sir, earned my respect!! XD

I used to do the Alien Brainmorrhage with Baileys, Curacao blue, vodka, cherry liquor and a tiny bit of absynth.
Did not improve the taste, but did gave the kicks to anyone!! XD

And since we’re on recipes

For a while I served my “breakfast” off-the-menu signature cocktail:
“Barney’s Gran-Grandma Irish Coffee”:
4 shots of Baileys
1 shot of Amaretto
2 shots of Irish non-smokey whiskey
2 shots of coffee liquor (I can’t reccomend enough Mr Black)

Then you add in Cream, sugar and expresso
 all at the Ideal ratio of 0% (zero%), and have an Explendid morning!!

2 Likes

I found Xylophone math!

Basically the different materials are calculated off of their speed of sound through said material. Makes sense. The ID and OD are calculated as well.

The mount points and length were the most interesting to me. The length of the tube is (more or less) 2x the length of the sound wave. When a tube is struck, it flexes down in the middle, and up at the ends, then rebounds to up / down, then back and forth, right? the point where the tube is essentialy staying still in the up/down - down/up transition (pivot point) is where you want to mount it.

3 Likes

I had an interesting conversation with a guy at the bar: the guy told me how great implants must be if you have some data to hide from the authorities, like the list of your offshore bank accounts, your bitcoin address’ private key or the decryption key to a hard-drive with hot stuff on it.

I told him implants would just be a convenience to carry the hot data around, but you’d still want the data encrypted (or held into a passworded section of the implant) and then you run into the problem of being legally obliged to supply the password, or look guilty as hell if you don’t, etc.

The guy said “They can’t force you to decrypt something they don’t know about. Who’s gonna tell them you have an implant with hot data on it if you don’t? I can’t tell you have some even if I look at your hands very carefully, and I only feel them because I’m looking for them.”

Interesting
 I know the authorities can search you pretty thoroughly, including searching for stuff on you or in you, with rubber gloves or with x-rays in some situations, and with probable cause for doing it. Like if you’re likely to smuggle a weapon in prison, or customs suspects you swallowed baggies of drugs on that flight from Bogotá you’ve just disembarked from, then that might happen.

But what if you’re arrested for tax fraud? Or as part of a crime investigation? They’re not going to x-ray your entire body are they? And if they did, a flex is almost invisible. They might find something if they palpate your entire body very carefully inch by inch. But how likely is that? And even then, I myself have trouble finding my own xBT in my chest that way, nevermind someone who doesn’t even know it’s there.

I’m thinking, for the authorities to find an implant on you and start wondering what it might contain, they’d really have to know you’re into implants and suspect you might have used one to hide stuff. Otherwise, my drinking buddy is probably right: nobody’s gonna happen upon one of your implant as part of a regular search, and if they did, know what it is and try to read it, if you keep your trap shut.

1 Like

I’ve never been x-rayed on a flight from bogota
 But it’s worth noting that I’m not a criminal and don’t smuggle shit.

Is security through obscurity

It’ll probably work, till it doesn’t

The more and more eroded bodily rights get, won’t surprise me when they cut an implant out as “potential” evidence of something

1 Like
3 Likes

My understanding if that passengers to / from certain “sensitive” countries are pulled out when their profile or travel arrangements meet certain criteria. You as a legit traveler probably didn’t match.

I doubt they’d x-ray your foot

1 Like

I doubt they will X-ray your hand either,

No point in imaging a location they don’t imagine you can hide something

1 Like

First off, IF they find an implant, they must know what time of implant it is, otherwise you can always claim “it’s my house/computer access token”. in which case there is no reason for anyone to want a “password”

So they must not only find it, but also know how it actually works.
And even then
 if we’re talking about storing sensitive data we’re talking at least DF here. and even if they scan it and do know what they are doing they might see “there are some applications here”
 which, duh, should always be the case!
So they have no means of knowing if the application is your home key, your computer key, your work fob or your super secret data stash.

So you would need to voluntarily incriminate yourself, otherwise you’re not going to look guilty simply because either they don’t even know enough about it to know they should be asking you for a password, or they know enough to believe you when you say “it’s my computer access application” or “I made that application as a test while I was learning and forgot the master Key”

Plus, if you are really paranoid, you can follow my lead:

• get a job that grants you security clearance.
  • claim your application is work related and you have a document stating you cannot legally share it

Or just

• make an application that needs more than just AES decryption, so you have your own android app that decrypts an application through the chip to read a python file in there, then executes that file, which depending on the flag passed modifies all the contents of the application before allowing your custom app retrieves the rest. and if retrieved without your custom app the contents of the encrypted folder will just look like garbled data, because they are externally encrypted (hence you need a custom app)

also

They cannot legally expose you to radiation without a fair enough reason to do so.

In conclusion

Agree.

Meh. Obscurity

Not really. I’m still all set for the “encrypted data behind NDEF” approach, but only cuz I do not have a DF.

“just”.
I’d just encrypt it, if they can break AES they’d do other things than decrypting your stuff.

Idk I do not see this usecase for implants. Why physically move the data? Just encrypt it and upload it.

IF I’d do that I’d do it like this:

Custom password protected apex applet to spit out the data.
2nd password that’s fake that just deletes the data so if cops force you to give the data they delete it. Or it spits out fake data.
Ofc data is still encrypted with another password.

Border patrol and customs get a a scarily vague amount of power, which isn’t even limited to near the border

A friend is a fed, and he gets various powers as long as he’s within like something 50 miles of the border

They can seize electronics for days, and I’d bet money they try it with anything on your person they can’t decipher or decrypt

I wouldn’t it put it past them to take a pass as trying to claim they need to seize an implant as evidence
 they just need to word it half decent
 the trick will be who’s going to cut an unwilling patient open
 but again plenty of medical wouldn’t give a shit

To be clear it’d likely go over poorly,
But I bet they’d try

1 Like

There’s a lot of things tech can do. Every type of encryption can be broken given the right amount of time/resources.
But one thing no tech can do is ungarble data.

Take a pen drive. do not mount it. fill it with random junk data from head to toe

Now you got a completely broken pendrive. no decryption nor rescue software in the world can retrieve “that” data because it’s not lost data nor encrypted data.

Now get the file you want to hide.
Strip away it’s header, file metadata, everything you can build back yourself.
take all the remaining bytes and flip them backwards.
Now go byte by byte from that array you have and write them to your previously ruined pendrive, but jumping every other byte, following a halved fibonacci sequence or something else.

Nothing in the world will be able to find that file, nor even to find out that there is a file in that broken pen drive, unless they know exactly where and what and how to look for. And you should be the only one to know that.

so the “if they can break AES they can break anything” argument isn’t necessarily true.

That is exactly what I described before, but I mentioned a slightly more convoluted method to make it doable even without a JCard enabled chip. :wink:

And that’s exactly why if you are paranoid about it, making sure you got people in high places with more power than (or political sway into) whomever wants your data is a very good way to ensure someone else will fight that fight for you.

Please do. this is a sure ticket to get a very fat check from the government. especially if they leave you with an ugly and very visible scar. :wink:

1 Like