The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

This one is particularly good for mixing Iā€™ve found, but the White Cranberry is also quite good. IMO cranberry juice cocktails work a lot better in general, the soft flavors of a lot of juices arenā€™t good enough for covering the alcohol flavor.

1 Like

I conciniently have some of that in my fridge will update after trying :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

I havenā€™t drank in any meaningful way in a considerable amount of time,

My above rant, Christmas stress, and my printer taking a shit and having to rewire it

I think a few martinis are in orderā€¦ Iā€™m still debating if it should include anything more than vodka

1 Like

4t0O

giphy (1)

1 Like

Would recommended makes less spicy

1 Like

Ditto, I got a call from my opticians this morning telling me ā€œlast week, when you were hereā€¦ Guess what!ā€

There were only 4 people I was close to for any period of time. But still I now get to worry for a few days and then get a test.

At least they calledā€¦

I am surprised it is done at the ā€œpersonalā€ level though.

If I was exposed, My Covid app ( used to check-in at locations, and is compulsory by law for businesses to have the QR code promulgated ) should give me a notification, it would say where and when I was exposed and would suggest to self-isolate, and get a test. Then a contact tracing team member ( Public health staff ) would contact directly to give and gather further info.

You can also choose to turn on Bluetooth tracing which keeps an anonymised record of the people you have been near, for the same reason.

That is all in theory and how it is set up, but I donā€™t actually know anybody who has had or has been in close contact with somebody infected with Covid

Iā€™m not worried, Iā€™ll either get it or I wonā€™tā€¦
Already did my pcr test, of course I likely wonā€™t get results back till after holidaysā€¦ luckily we had some rapid tests on hand before hand

Oh and apparently after I gave them enough gruff they copped that I would have been exposed last Thursday,

Love the timeliness,

IF I caught it from that exposure, I would have had Monday Tuesday and Wednesday to spread it around

Ok, Iā€™ve been bitching all day so Itā€™s only fair that I share the positive,

First Etsy customer order today :slight_smile:

I guess the martini I might eventually make can have some diva olives

3 Likes

congratulations
:congratulations:

:partying_face:

Look whoā€™s splashing out!!!

1 Like

Congratulations!!! :tada::tada::tada::tada::tada:

1 Like

Appreciate you guys not giving me a hard time for being pissy today

3D printer go brrrrrrrr

2 Likes

Thatā€™s nice, but I am in the US which is apparently attempting to become a technologically backward nation.

My Vaccination certificate is a piece of card with dates, places and lot numbers written on it (in pen).

I shouldnā€™t worry, but I am sure I will.

I have a test booked for the 29th (earliest I could get)

Get out while you still can. When your health declines, theyā€™ll let you die like a dog in a ditch. Take it from me.

Iā€™ve been using this instead of rick roll because itā€™s much more pleasant to hear when I do it accidentally for my self :joy:

2 Likes

If youā€™re a barefooter suffering from winter shoeitis, boy have I made the find of the decade for you or what! You need:

• A pair of socks - not even thick or anything, but woolen preferred
  • 2- or 3-mm neoprene socks for surfing, bodyboarding or diving. Cheap is fine, so long as itā€™s neoprene and waterproof. I have those. One size up if your socks are thick.

Just wear the latter on top of the former and youā€™re good down to -15C:

Frigginā€™ brilliant: you feel the ground as if you walked directly on it (actually better, because unlike bare feet in those temperatures, your feet donā€™t go numb after 5 minutes), you feel the heat and the cold coming and going but not violently or dangerously, you stay dryā€¦ Theyā€™re like really good, thin gloves for your feet: they keep your warm enough and dry, but you feel everything youā€™re doing and they donā€™t get in your way. And best of all, when I look down at my feet, they look like feet and not cosmonaut stompers.

Iā€™ve just spent 2 hours outside shifting snow off my driveway, and another hour going for groceries on foot. No problems. Just fucking great.

3 Likes

So, Iā€™m curious, @anon3825968, do you ride your not-bicycle clipless?

Clipless is misleading - since it means with cleats :slight_smile:

I ride with SPD sandals. Itā€™s one of the rare occasions (winter being another) when I wear shoes of any kind because I have to.

The issue with recumbents is, your legs are horizontal. So if your feet arenā€™t attached to the pedals, you spend a lot of effort just keeping them up there without slipping. Not to mention, on trikes, if your foot slips and hits the ground, it can get caught between the road and the cross-member, breaking your foot or your leg or worse. Iā€™ve seen it happen.

I only ride my Brompton barefoot. Thatā€™s an upright folding bike. I made the pedals on purpose out of polished blocks of hardwood.

1 Like

I donā€™t know if this was a Freudian slip or intentional :sweat_smile: but funny either way =)

For those who are less familiar with the language: the song is about :point_right::ok_hand: and refers to the sound itā€™s known for.

2 Likes

Otherwise known as shoes. :laughing: