The antiđŸš«-derailment🚃 & threadđŸ§” hijackingđŸ”« threadđŸ§” ⁉

Keep in mind that alot of the non prime prices are set by individual vendors. Pre-covid you wouldn’t see this as much, because there was lots of competing vendors and Amazon could select better offers. With supply chains borked, and inventories depleted, you’ll see more of this.

My bento box I bought.

Same seller, 2 options. Both fulfilled by Amazon

One price got it to me at the end of January, and for 25 more, I got it in 2 days.

Horseshit.

1 Like

Those weird prices for packs of multiple items are nothing new, this has been going on for years as a matter of fact

Lucky for some

5 Likes

HAS ANYBODY SEEN OR PLAYED WITH ONE OF THESE?

ST25R3916-DISCO
ACTIVE
Discovery kit for the ST25R3916 high performance NFC universal device and EMVCo reader

DESCRIPTION

image.PF265344.en.feature-description-include-personalized-no-cpn-medium

Specs and info

The ST25R3916-DISCO kit allows the user to evaluate the features and capabilities of the ST25R devices, a series of high performance HF readers. ST25R3916-DISCO imageThe ST25R3916-DISCO kit comes with application notes, software applications, drivers, BOM (bill of materials), board schematics, Gerber files and firmware schematics. These documents are downloadable from www.st.com.
All features
ISO 18092 (NFCIP-1) active and passive initiator and target modes
NFC Forum NFC-A, NFC-B, NFC-F and NFC-V reader
ISO 14443A, ISO 14443B and ISO15693 reader
FeliCaℱ reader
Support of all five NFC Forum tag types in reader mode
NFC Forum Type 3 tag (NFC-F) host card emulation
NFC Forum Type 4A tag (NFC-A) host card emulation
Stream modes to implement other standard and custom protocols
Integrated capacitive sensing system for low power detection of tag presence
Integrated inductive sensing system for low power detection of tag presence using phase or amplitude measurement
High output power
User selectable and automatic gain control
Serial peripheral interface (SPI) up to 10 Mb/s
I2C with up to 400 kbit/s in Fast-mode, 1 Mb/s in Fast-mode Plus
Automatic antenna tuning (AAT) via variable capacitor

Link

Databrief PDF

st25r3916-disco.pdf (1.2 MB)

1 Like

Kinda hoping anyone else here has written the US president at some point.

I at some point in August of 2021 wrote the president. I got a canned response, and I figured that was the end of it. Never gonna get a real one or w/e. Here is the response I got the same day.

So, I got an email yesterday? Did this guy email me back personally or with a secretary?

Yeah it seems pretty canned, but the first part seems different.

Idk, I hope he read what I said, but I also don’t remember what was said. It wasn’t mean, I know that. I just can’t remember what I said first.

Not trying to start a political conversation beyond anyone writing the office of the president and getting a response please.

please

1 Like

At least I knew enough to ask kindly right away.

:grimacing:

I got nothing negative to say besides the response seems like a 100% pure ground whatever burger

There’s literally no response to any potential message you sent,

It’s cool you got a response though I guess?

1 Like

I guess that’s all I’m looking for. I appreciate it.

It just seems odd to me I would get two responses, so far apart.

1 Like

First one might automatic as a “message successfully received, please be patient”

And then if it isn’t some kind of threat or tinfoil, it gets a canned vague blanket response?

2 Likes

I guess that makes sense. Maybe an aid clicks “read” and it sends. Just found it odd.

I did anonymously mail a letter containing various pictures of colorful snails to the White house, though I never did get a reply so I don’t think that really counts

2 Likes

I’ve written to my senators and my house rep a few different times, AFAIK it’s almost always aides that write the response. I’ve gotten a few different canned responses, mainly when asking for their stance on a bill that’s upcoming for a vote. I have gotten a few more personalized responses in the past though, and I believe they’ll sometimes consult the person in question to double check their positions (that way there’s no scandal later on if they do the opposite).

Sidenote:

The worst response I’ve gotten was from senator Todd Young (Indiana), when I asked about his stance on net neutrality, and asked that he vote to protect it.

Regarding the FCC initially voting to reclassify internet as a Title II service (offering more protections) he responded that:
"I believe we must keep the internet ecosystem open and vibrant. I also believe that major decisions on how to regulate the internet ought to come from Congress, not unelected bureaucrats dreaming up how depression-era laws can regulate the internet. I believe it is imperative for Congress to work toward bipartisan, light-touch regulations that ensure the internet remains accessible and unrestricted by government intrusion for future generations. "

“Open and vibrant”, and “light-touch regulations” are some of the worst shit I’ve ever heard.

1 Like

Well, I have written to several politicians (and met some) and some send relevant responses and others send boilerplate “thanks, we got your message, vote for me” type things.

I am sure it is a result of their aides doing their best. I wonder how often the “thanks,
” Is a cover for “we don’t agree with you but we aren’t going to say that”.

1 Like

Okay so I want to turn a unused flex implant into an art piece but have no idea what to do, creative people help plz.
Its a wedge flex, my first purewrist conversion that disappeared for awhile (The Purewrist Saga ) in case you’re interested to hear about that :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Screenshot_20220105-213835_Chrome

Ice Bear approves of your Avatar change

3 Likes

Interactive or static?

Do you remember @Coma s?

Framed with an X-Ray
:x_ray_hand:

It was her FlexNExT, with Blinkies

Definitely static. Just something I can put on the wall or a shelf/desk/etc.
Thought about encasing it in resin

2 Likes

If you answered static, that is what I would have suggested also.

You just need to decide on the shape.

Silicone moulds are a quick and simple option

Also, I’m not sure if you are aware, some casting resins put out different temperatures, so you probably want to take that into consideration and testing before commiting to your implant.
You want to find some low exothermic casting resin.

Sorry if that’s sucking eggs :egg: :egg:
Better safe than sorry
I would hate for you to have a shriveled up one

1 Like