The antiđŸš«-derailment🚃 & threadđŸ§” hijackingđŸ”« threadđŸ§” ⁉

Thank you. It is at least not a bleak “you are penniless, and without any options”

2 Likes

I’m sorry to hear :frowning:
I hope you can find something soon!

2 Likes

That’s terrible. I’m very sorry for you :worried:

2 Likes

Oh man
 that is harsh. What did they do, spin up a Tesla robotech to step in?

Age shouldn’t be an issue
 but I can imagine your salary requirements might be a hurdle, depending on your current circumstances.

Do you feel like posting a resume or CV?

4 Likes

They have been moving workloads to a new office in India. The staff in India are generally nice people but not as skilled as their job titles would imply in my opinion.

Fortunately I can actually afford to take a pay cut, and my house is paid off, so that shouldn’t be as bad as it could.

I will be tidying up my resume tomorrow, and will post it if that is OK with you. Otherwise my linked.in is in my profile if anyone is interested.

Thank you all for your support. It really has made all of the difference today.

6 Likes

Location?

Remote, Oregon. :laughing:

There is actually a tiny hole in the wall place in Oregon called Remote which now has hundreds of job listings.

I am on the central Pacific Coast.

2 Likes

That sucks, definitely sorry to hear that. They always say tho when one door closes another one opens. Hopefully that will be quick for you and work out even better. :wink:

1 Like

I’ve seen this before too. You might want to put on your calendar a little check-in reminder
 if you’re interested anyway. Check back with your employer in maybe 3 months, and maybe 6 months
 maybe a year. Of course you’ll come back for double your salary :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Given that 4 people I used to work with have already either sent me relevant openings at their current companies, or are talking to recruiters they know
 I am feeling a lot happier than this morning.

One of the jobs would even have me in the Seattle area one day a week (it’s a hybrid, work from the office one day position). Which might be handy if I want an implant (pun not intended, but I will pretend it was).

14 Likes

Be honest, you do
 Even if you wear a ring that does the exact same thing as a NExT.
:next: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

grafik

I got this mail two days ago

Should i respond?

3 Likes
6 Likes

There’s a great bod mod guy there who does my stuff, just doesn’t want to be on the map
 in case you want anything
 mega.

9 Likes

I am pretty sure you have already given me his name (thank you). The big disadvantage of working for those people would be the 266 mile (4.5 hour) commute each direction one day a week.

I have done a similar trip two days running before for a two day meeting. But trust me when I say that it is not ideal.

(Sure I could fly (3 hours) or get the bus (4 hours) or go by train (5 hours), but all of those involve me driving for one to two hours first)

1 Like

True. Every once in a while I have to drive somewhere and I quickly realize I’d rather take a lower paying remote work job than a higher paying job I had to commute for.

3 Likes

I drove an hour into the city for 5 years and I realize now I’m definitely willing to trade for significantly lower pay to avoid that stress and the costs. Once these current commercial real estate leases start ending maybe more companies will get their heads out of their aasses and realize how much money they can save and how much better retention they’ll experience if they just go remote

4 Likes

Given how tight some labor markets are, I’m kinda suprised companies haven’t started using remote work to poach some of the competition’s best help.

1 Like

Engineering firms are doing that right now.

Also I think it’s important to draw a distinction between “tight labor market” and “greedy employers”. It’s not that nobody wants to work, it’s that they can’t afford to do so under these conditions. Pay people what they’re worth.

2 Likes

And it is possible, working for the same company and I’ve just negotiated a 25.5% pay rise and a more suiting job title taking me from “technician” to “engineer”

5 Likes