The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

I was just about to ask, how many posts have people flagged about flagging posts since your post about flagging posts XD

1 Like

Haha, Itā€™s not actually that bad, nor were there too many, itā€™s a couple of mouse clicks or taps on the screen and they get resolved

2 Likes

Good to knowā€¦makes notesā€¦what if it was a hundred posts flagged? O.o
Edit: Follow up, is there a badge for 100 posts flagged? o.O
:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

3 Likes

Todayā€™s episode is all about Erroneous Flags, their use in obtaining badges, and how annoyed mods get when they are used.

1 Like

Youā€™ll love this.

Iā€™ve been shorting sleep again. And dragging ass at work as a result.

Today, I came home and got myself in bed by 5:30pm so that I could have a real long sleep to reset my rythym with. I have to be up and out of the house by 6:30am.

Woke up at 7:45. Sent a text to my boss that I was running late, and FLEW through getting to work. But nobody was there. Cause Iā€™d only slept for 2 hours and it was 7:45pm.

Drove home, going back to bed. Gonna deal with it tommorow.

5 Likes

Oh shit!!!
Thatā€™s shitty, but been there lol
Least you werenā€™t late, might just get a couple jokes lol

2 Likes

I did that a few times when I had to work the overnight shift. After a couple times I changed the bedside clock to 24 hour time and stopped having that issue.

3 Likes

I started using 24 hour on my phone and truck clock when I was a long haul trucker since my schedule changed so much to avoid the same issue. Half awake me canā€™t read am or pm, just the numbers haha

2 Likes

Accurate?

1 Like

Very accurate from my years as a trucker. One thing that I wished he wouldā€™ve touched on is the fact that drivers canā€™t meet their dispatchers face to face at the larger companies. Theyā€™re kept in a different building with security where drivers arenā€™t allowed to go at CR England. Swift keeps their dispatchers away as well. Most the larger companies do that. Really says a lot if you have to keep the boss behind lock and key from the employees.
The larger trucking companies also try to brainwash their drivers with false information about driving during their ā€œsafety meetings.ā€
The larger companies also have one of their drivers with only 6 months experience in a truck training someone with 0 experience, and expect them to run as a team. Running as a team means one person driver when the other person sleeps. So you canā€™t really get training anyways. I personally was forced into a training position at CR England with only 5 months experience, and unfortunately went through 2 students who couldnā€™t cut it because the work environment at CRE is just complete shit. They wouldā€™ve made great drivers at a company that actually cared about retention.
I think he said 300% retention rate for the industry, almost all of that comes from the big companies that train their drivers, pay them shit, and force em out before they have to pay benefits. I heard from a higher up at CRE that the company also gets like $1400 per student that passes their CDL school from the feds, never looked into it. Either way, they WANT drivers to quit and leave though, saves money just hiring new drivers that donā€™t get benefits lol
The England in CR England is known in the industry as Every New Guy Leaves After Ninety Days XD
Itā€™s all fucked until you get down to the smaller companies and family owned companies.

I could go on and on for hours about how fucked the trucking industry is for the larger companies. However, thereā€™s probably 4k small trucking companies that pay very well, have great benefits, and an amazing work environment. Just need to find them, and hope they have an open truck to fill.

Also, the larger companies have a cash advance scheme that basically keeps you in debt to the company unless you go to their school with a couple thousand in the bank. You can sit in their yard for a month not working and have to rely on the cash advance. Their predatory practices are God awful.
I still wake up from time to time with the same nightmare that I left the truck driving down the highway and crawled into the bunk to sleep, then wake up thinking no one was at the wheel. They rode me so hard that Iā€™d pull over and climb in the top bunk while my student was sleeping in the bottom bunk. Wake up thinking the truck was going down the highway and Iā€™d jump straight from the top bunk into the driver seat and not know where I was. I did my 9 month contract with them and quit. Went to a smaller family owned company and had much better pay, benefits, equipment, and I got to haul some bad ass shit and actually enjoy being a trucker and saw a lot of the country doing some cool shit outside the truck.

300% turnover rateā€¦

man that sucks overallā€¦ the whole thing made me wonder thoughā€¦ why not go crypto ape on their asses? like, if everyone is an independent contractor then why not everyone basically make an ā€œassociation of truck driversā€ā€¦ so not exactly a union but a united front? Is it because they have so streamlined the process of onboarding newbs that it would fail?

At least class action sue these companies for hiring independent contractors who arenā€™t. Microsoft got into the shit for this a while back and it changed tech in Washington State foreverā€¦ basically calling everyone a contractor but dictating exact working hours etc. which is not legal for contractor work.

I forgot about the independent contractor part. Iā€™m not so sure where he got that info from. Most of the IC driverā€™s Iā€™ve talked to would say the same, but theyā€™re doing a lease to own program through the larger companies with a contract that states they have to only work for that company, and be dispatched whenever wherever the company says which is all legal for the lease to own shit through the company.
Thatā€™s the whole catch of lease to own, if you can make it through and afford the large fucking payment at the end, then you can take your truck to a different company, or find your own loads.
A lot of smaller companies do that to near ports or train yards, especially with the drop in drivers around the pandemic times.

1 Like

There is the owner operator association that has a lot of benefits and resources for people who own their own trucks and people wanting to buy their own truck and go independent. They also have a lot of work they do to protecting all drivers with lobbying for drivers rights which has helped a lot.
A huge chunk of truck drivers are also immigrants. Itā€™s free to get your CDL and start driving for a larger company. So if truckers tried to unionize, it wouldnā€™t work. Youā€™ve got a lot of people moving to the US and willing to take the job. There is a union in CA I think that has some contracts with companies that transport stuff around the US though.

1 Like

Fuck you YouTube

1 Like

DOT has shut down smaller trucking companies for repeated violations from their drivers. And I think a lot of shit would change for the better if the DOT did the same to the larger companies that have way more violations and are way more consistent with their violations. If they did that though, the DOT would loose a lot of money from the hundreds of thousands of fines they hand out to the larger companies.

This post is sponsored by XYZ VPN. Have you ever tried to view a video that was blocked in your country? With XYZ VPN, you can simply make 2 clicks and unblock the content!

:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

No I havenā€™t but thank you, Iā€™ll keep that one in the back pocket.

This one I just opened through TORā€¦sweet as

2 Likes

No but flagging one every day for a year

3 Likes

Good thing ā€œignoredā€ content can still be seen. Good thing Iā€™m not on the discord. Not so good thing I slept too little last night and am seriously pissed off by now.

@Satur9 : Fuck off.

Yeah, this might get me a ban, since you work for DT and this seems to allow you to bully around people here (or rather, on discord), but Iā€™m sick of it, and I have to tell you.
I am not objectified if someone wants to see my tits - people might just like them, you know? And they are freely available on the internet anyways, people might see them if I go to a beach or dress somewhere where all the fitting rooms are full. I just donā€™t care much about people seeing my tits. You know why? Because I like my body a lot, and Iā€™m happy if other do so, too. Might be hard to understand for someone with as many problems as youā€¦
And I am no supporter of ā€œtraditional womenā€™s rolesā€ as well - this actually made me laugh a lot. I am submissive, yes, as a facet of a healthy, BDSM-related relationship. This might not fit into your world view, but it is like it is. I can submit because I would also have the choice not to - I live in a society where women arenā€™t forced into submission anyways, and thatā€™s obviously a good thing.
I am also polyamorous, and thatā€™s about as far away from ā€œtraditional womenā€™s rolesā€ as it can get.
Yes, I am all for people standing up for themselves, because it is important - and because otherwise, it might happen that an asshole like you thinks he has to stand up for a strong, proud, self-confident woman like me. Just not neccessary at all.

What makes me sad about all the bullshit you promote here - first, you already drove away nice people here. Simply by being an asshole. And second, you do all the LGBTQ+ - community and all other people you ā€œseemā€ to defend a fucking big disservice. If women had to rely on people like you to ā€œdefendā€ them, the world would be truly fucked.
Plus, itā€™s so fucking double standards how you claim to like the diversity and all, but just canā€™t cope with men who like women or women who like to be submissive. Part of diversity, isnā€™t it?

5 Likes