The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

I have one somewhere around here

1 Like

Just tested Jdownloader and it works great, even strips out just the audio stream if you need it

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7oyyda <-- use that one its the clean installer

1 Like

Hey yā€™all, I know Iā€™ve been a bit inactive lately, but I was catching up on the threads and notice a lot of new ā€œplacement questionā€ threads. Would it be worthwhile/feasible to make a dedicated space for these?

7 Likes

I was considering making a wiki page that people can update with there experience etc that people can be pointed at and basically just take all the content from those threads and try and massage it into a cohesive page.

5 Likes

a wiki or something would be amazing, imo.

3 Likes

thanks for that
Really appreciated
I will give that a try
tenor (5)

Itā€™s a pretty fantastic tool, it can handle most media on any site. Only one that it seems to struggle with is Twitch.

2 Likes

Yeah, Downloaded it, and gave it a crack.
Worked well on DailyMotion, I will try YouTube next, I am hoping :crossed_fingers: it can grab the Subs also.
I had to screen grab what I wanted because I couldnā€™t get KeepVid to grab them. Thanks again for the recommend

1 Like

Hmm Iā€™m not sure on subtitles Iā€™ve never paid that close of attention. Iā€™d be surprised if it didnā€™t

I use applian replay media catcherā€¦ it has multiple modes for capturing video including an in-browser and direct screen-cap modeā€¦ though the auto mode works for most things without much fussā€¦ but now i want to check out jdownloaderā€¦

1 Like

Its pretty sweet, you can process entire playlists on Youtube and strip out audio if needed among many other things.
Also can add plugins if needed as well.

1 Like

I can confirm it does grab subtitlesā€¦
Now I have to work out how to choose which which flavour I get.
Latin american Forged In Fire with Spanish Subtitlesā€¦ English would be helpful, since I only understand half of what they are sayingā€¦ Oh well immersive and accelerated learning might be better anyway.

Yeah I quite like JDownloader So Far, Good recommend @CanuckCold
The GUI is dated, but still very usable.

hah I feel like maybe applian puts a GUI over jdownloader and sells it

Yeah that GUI is very old school I wouldnā€™t be surprised if someone basically skinned it and sold it

Amal seems to think so too

@ThexTallxDude, @SammichBrad

It took a while and need the community to improve it butā€¦

4 Likes

I honestly know very little technology now days. The human body is so much more interesting to me, more so than tech. I tried to get into it years ago, when bitcoin was like 20 bucks or so, and I told my then wife, (now ex) that i wasnt to buy a couple thousand usd worth, but she said no, that she divorce me if I did.

Young dumb me, didnā€™t do it.

Sorry, that went off subject, donā€™t really care.

3 Likes

Well, if you think thatā€™s bad, consider this: I did give bitcoin a whirl back when bitcoins werenā€™t even exchangeable for real money. I set up a mining machine, mined quite a few of them for a few days (they came out fast back then with an ordinary PC), tried to do something with them, then concluded it was interesting but kind of pointless and wiped the hard drive. Little did I know :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I did a similar thing, right when it was just a cool concept.

3 Likes

I sold nearly all of my bitcoin when it ā€œpeakedā€ around $600 because I needed rent/food money years ago. The remaining tiny fraction of a coin I have is worth almost as much I got from that sale. I was pissed about that for quite some timeā€¦