The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Some googling seems to suggest that while it has two 4,500 watt elements (an upper and a lower), they arenā€™t hooked up for simultaneous operation, so the whole unit still only uses 4500 watts total at any given time

https://www.electrical-forensics.com/WaterHeaters/WaterHeaters.html

3 Likes

I found this in the manual.

3 Likes

Ok quality work! Thanks guys. To be safe Iā€™ll allot 30A @ 240v form this unit.

4 Likes

giphy (12)

12 Likes

Europe keeping us safe from cookiesā€¦ and yetā€¦

6 Likes
  • get uBlock Origin
  • enable EasyList Cookie
  • enable other annoyance blockers as needed
  • use the web like god intended
5 Likes

From my understanding, some shortwave radios attempted to block the annoyance of the soviet woodpecker. That feature was also known as Moscow Muffler.

Nowadays we have to install browser extensions to block european annoyancesā€¦

:robot_gundam:

2 Likes

Do not confuse thisā€¦EU isnā€™t the problem.
These companies want to annoy you with this shit, so you give away your privacy for free.
Itā€™s not EU anti tracking rules, it is that they track the shit out of everyone. They want you to think ā€œargh these stupid privacy lawsā€, but in reality the problem is that the website tracks me and sells my data when I want to view a meme.

10 Likes

You do have a point. Although I dislike the ā€œcompanies and rich people are evilā€ narrative.

3 Likes

This is too good not to share:

6 Likes

@Pilgrimsmaster ā€¦ damn roundabouts

2 Likes

Not all are. Many tho, especially those that accumulate power. In the case of your average website, itā€™s either greed or lazyness. The first is simple, their business model is to spy on you and sell results. This may be as simple as embedding ads.

Lazyness is another thing. And I understand itā€¦ all those Google Fonts and Facebook SDKs and Analytics platforms are just so handy!
But they come with a price, a price which the devs do not pay. The users do.
And non-tracking open source versions of anything will naturally have less money behind it, to be accessible and maintained, and it doesnā€™t have these big coorpsā€™ marketing budgets.

This can only be solved with politics. EU forbidding that stuff and in the same time trying to fund open source + privacy friendly tech is exactly that. Or at least one step in this direction.

Cookie popups have been getting less annoying. This is due to better laws. Maybe soon you can set this browser wide, e.g. EU could force sites to honor the Do Not Track header and not show a popup if present.

Yes, companies will hide the ā€œdo not track meā€ button 10 clicks deep in the consent popup unless forbidden, because else no one would allow the tracking!
IIRC apple has seen this, almost no one opted for tracking when given the choice.
People do not want tracking, obviously, so yes I think everyone doing it is kind of evilā€¦ especially those that do it on a big scale.

7 Likes

My first tower :smiley:
Get to climb all the way up to 350ā€™ tomorrow! The company put up the radios/antennas a little while ago. Got the integrator from the cell carrier here powering up equipment, then I get to climb and troubleshoot top side issues, adjust the antennas, and take pictures.
So excited I wanted to share somewhere haha

10 Likes

spiderman-wave

3 Likes

Iā€™ve climbed smaller towers, for scienceā€¦ Iā€™m not certified or anything so my knowledge might be lacking in that particular craft.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been on top of grain silos in Kansas. Maybe 300 ft up? Anyways you can see the curvature of the earth when youā€™re high enough, if your terrain isnā€™t the side of a mountain or something. Take a moment while youā€™re there and soak it in.

Also, if thereā€™s anybody out there who can point me in the right direction. I need a new gaming controller to be used on a windows PC. Iā€™ve always just used the xbox 360 Wired controllers, but the official ones arenā€™t made anymore (Iā€™m pretty sure) and the aftermarket ones just donā€™t last very long.

Any suggestions? Prefer wired, and namebrand thatā€™s gonna be available for awhile longer.

2 Likes

Definitely going to take a look around, donā€™t know for how long though. Supposed to be 20f/-6.6c when Iā€™m supposed to start climbing lol
Might just go up, look around for 5 seconds, then start working like crazy to get back down ASAP XD

1 Like

ps4 controllers are great on pc :slight_smile:

3 Likes

0nuheas1r1g21

9 Likes

Got to the cell site and had a welcoming party :smiley:

6 Likes