The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Ummmm

Nope

Broken again

You need to develop an implant that generates electricity out of the body of the ā€œwearerā€, many people would but it.

Just think about it, ā€œyou can keep your phone charged as long as youā€™re aliveā€ is really good marketing!

4 Likes

6 Likes

Merry Christmas to you all.

Unless youā€™re a Kiwi, then Merry Christmas ya cunts!

8 Likes

that does sound interesting!!

Yeah, making cocktails is interesting, but also takes itā€™s tollā€¦ so itā€™s an ā€œoccasion onlyā€ kinda deal :sweat_smile:

That was a top notch collection of memes!!
10/10

2 Likes

Oh those were really great! :rofl:
I love the one from Dinklage, didnā€™t get it at first because I didnā€™t look who posted it.

Wish you all some nice and relaxing holidays, if possible :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Merry Christmas to you too but only Australians can call our coussie bros cunts!!! Oh and fellow Kiwis can too (but that usually requires them to break out the dictionary).

2 Likes

Bwah ha ha :smiling_imp:

But Iā€™ve been having major issue with my Verizon phone. It wants to default to 5G, and rarely uses 4G. And the 5G sucks! Near my house, going home from work, Iā€™ll lose 5G service at a certain spot, then drive 9.5 milesā€¦then get it back.
Idk if its the SIMs Card that is shot, or the phone itselfā€¦ but I had enough.

Through my fire dept, I was able to get a test device through FirstNet (uses AT&T towers, plus their own private band). So far the test device is working great. That 9.5 miles range of no service, has been reduced to 2.7 miles of ā€œSpottyā€ Service (my phone call doesnā€™t drop, but I lose voice for a few seconds every now and then).

I think Iā€™m gunna make the switch. I pay Verizon $90/month for unlimited talk/text/data and hotspotā€¦FirstNet can offer me that for $45/month.

1/2 cost, plus way better serviceā€¦sounds good to me.

3 Likes

No, but could I interest you in a few of my uncleā€™s college books that my grandpa kept and refuses to throw out?

1 Like

giphy (5)

4 Likes

Iā€™ve had to go the into the settings on previous phones to disable 5G or enabling aggressive switching between 5G/4G/WiFi.
Glad you found a solution that also cuts the cost down!
Saw an article a little while ago that Verizon was dropping down the ranks for performance while TMo and ATT blew past them. I guess Verizon is using different 5G tech and the performance canā€™t keep up. Iā€™ve only worked on TMo tech so far.

3 Likes

omg it should have ended with people getting on and saying eleven and it immediately going to floor 11 haha

5 Likes

in My experience, for My area (Northern England), itā€™s mostly the shody and sparcely distributed 5G towers which become overcrowded and overarching.

I meanā€¦ in the middle of nowhere, Norway, I get better internet as a Roaming guest (lowest of prioprities) in a 3G antenna than I have at home while I can look at the damn 5G antenna from my provider!

Thatā€™s why I ā€œupgradedā€ into a sorry ass excuse of a phone from a brand no one ever heard of, which doesnā€™t even support 5G now! :rofl:

3 Likes

Whatā€™s the brand? Iā€™m curiousā€¦

Oakitel.
do NOT reccomend.

Itā€™s one of those Ā£100 phones which comes with the case built in, 10KmAh battery and allegedly waterproof.
Butā€¦

• Battery capacity is an outright lie (barely lasts me 1 day)
  • Touch screen is SO bad I canā€™t even send a voice message because it cuts it every 0.2 seconds (because stops detecting the hold). Not to mention any touch near the edges or bottom of the screen is a nightmare
  • It lags SO bad ā€¦

it uses raw Android 12, which has a SHIT UI. but I just tossed Lynxs into it so it overrides all the new apple-like features android is trying to shove down our throats.

I used to go for Blackview. best brand in the market.
they had a 6KmAh battery that lasted me a whole week. Was a weak processor but I wouldnā€™t even notice it. Sturdyā€¦ and cost under Ā£100 a phone.

But then they decided to try and go flagship, charging Ā£400 for a phone with only 3KmAh battery and no NFC, so I was forced to find another brand.

Ended up with Xiaomi, which was ok untill they made an update that introduced fucking ads on the UI!!
ā€œWant to open an app? just watch this add first!ā€
ā€œWant to read an SMS? how about half the screen being an ad banner?ā€

:triumph: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :imp:
(I miss not having my furious unicorn emoji here)

2 Likes

Horrible idea. But apparently there are ways to get rid of the apps

There are. they are tied to the launcher and some wrapper apps I could remove by rooting or Shizukuingā€¦

But the whole concept of that reeks, therefore I refuse to give money to any company that acts like that.

Replacing UI because the new UI was made for brain-dead monkeys to use (new Android)? OK!

Replacing UI because the company went bonkers on greed? (Xiaomi) Nope!
Thatā€™s a line they should not have crossed!

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a line that should never be crossed. Hell I even believe it should be downright illegal to have ads like that. Could you imagine a world where all companies started employing that model? Shivers

1 Like

Random semi advanced windows question to the people smarter than me

Been having a lot of issues keeping my laptop staying asleep

Iā€™ve already fixed 3 or 4 things that kept waking it up

But now Iā€™m down to my usb wireless mouse
Iā€™ve already turned off ā€œallow this device to wake from sleepā€ on almost everything except my LAPTOP keyboard every other keyboard (because sometimes mouse appears keyboard :roll_eyes:) is disabled

If I turn the mouse off physically it stays asleep, if I leave the mouse on it wakes up a couple hours later

So Iā€™m wondering if the mouse is powering off or something