The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Wait 2 years. tops. :rofl: :joy: :sweat_smile: :neutral_face: :sob:

Run

powercfg /requests

In an elevated command prompt to see whatā€™s waking up the computer.

1 Like

Hey @Pilgrimsmaster are you able to see how many total posts and/topics there have been on this forum of all time? Iā€™m just curious

4038 Users
4900 Topics
127,000 Posts

2 Likes

This one?

:unicorn_anger:
:unicorn_anger:

4 Likes

The problem is the mouse hardware is probably sending a form of keepalive RF transmissionā€¦ but the driver is processing that like a user event handlerā€¦ triggering windows to reset the idle timer and wake up from sleep.

The other option is that the optical pickup on the mouse is jittering and it looks like motion.

To test, keep the mouse on but flip it over so the optical sensor is facing up.

This is fricken awesomeā€¦

5 Likes

Yeah, older splicers used gas flames, etcā€¦ But the newer arc stuff is awesome!

Thatā€™s kind of what I was thinking

With all the other fixes Iā€™ve done, the computer will go to sleep for a while

Since itā€™s a gaming mouse, Iā€™m sure it was acting like a seismograph anytime I walked (rude)

Iā€™ve gotten it to the point, mouse movement wonā€™t wake it up, but a button click still will

I wonder if I need to turn ON or OFF the usb suspend for that deviceā€¦
I can see keeping it on preventing a usb shutdown error, but keeping it on it might be timing out on its own and doing that

Iā€™m also wondering if the usb dongle is acting like a seperate device and triggering itā€™s own events

According to the last time I was checking event viewer, it was logging as mouse activity, and sometimes code 50? I thinkā€¦ whatever it was I looked up and is ā€œunknownā€ which is a super helpful event code :roll_eyes:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

So you got the xLegs Heavy Duty? Yeah, that sounds like a typical cyborg problemā€¦

1 Like

Yeeeees!! :unicorn_starstruck:

Hah, hadnā€™t noticed you added the whole pack here.
Those are the best stickers ever. but Iā€™m not even nearly as competent as @Coma with using the pack in the forum. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Imagine having to watch an ad before starting your car, or checking out at the grocery store. Having to watch an ad before you can open an app feels just like these scenarios, id imagine.

3 Likes

Yep. Iā€™m happier with a laggy phone instead.

I Wonderā€¦ in a world where you must watch adds all the time, what purpose would ads have? I mean, besides ā€œjustifyingā€ the jobs of the executives approving themā€¦

1 Like

Nuff said

2 Likes

Has anyone taken a look at this?

http://kck.st/3P9iVqc

Itā€™s a kickstarter for an interesting little RFID reader that uses the Pi Pico.

It looks like a cool little device, and then I saw that they listed body implantation as a use case further down their pitch. Figured Iā€™d share it here.

2 Likes

Particularly like
a4f7f16657fae65bc9b29d44f8d14a4b_original

5 Likes

I have now :eyes:

Man there is a whole lot of FLUFF in that campaign.
But, whatever, I still grabbed the combo deal

I cant wait until Amal start stocking these

a4f7f16657fae65bc9b29d44f8d14a4b_original

EDIT:
Dev beat me to it

4 Likes

Yeah it looks like itā€™s a lot of marketing, which I expect from someone trying to get money to startup their product. Looks like theyā€™re also trying to educate investors that might not be quite as savvy with RFID than the average DT enjoyer. I might just grab the RFID version in case I want one down the line.

3 Likes

The marketing is a little conflicting too - some places it says theyā€™re both Read/Write, others not. Iā€™m debating whether or not I want to back the campaign. Itā€™s not a super large investment so the risk isnā€™t crazy, and the Flipper did turn out well.

I am kind of a USB-C elitist thoughā€¦ :sweat_smile:

1 Like