The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

now, yes!
Thanks for the heads up!

I just browsed through for now, but the feel I have, both from their features tab and by their explaining of what is RFID, is that:

125KHz module is read only
13.56MHz (NFC) is read/Write

considering they wanted the RFID module to read from greater distances, maybe they went for a design that sacrifices writing in there.

It is too much of a ā€œmeal dealā€ for my tasteā€¦ (i.e. too many things bundled together which hinder itā€™s usability), but itā€™s still an interesting project and I might find a good use for it either way.

Just a shame they donā€™t have anything able to deal with both HF and LF at the same timeā€¦

2 Likes
3 Likes

Lighting plug, why reinvent perfection

ā€¦I kid I kidā€¦ I nearly vommited trying to believe that

7 Likes

But standard, USB 3 support, additional functionality, etcā€¦

Although USB C can be a bit of a mess at timesā€¦

As you should be lol

2 Likes

I used to dream of the day where I could swap all my USB-2/3 into C to reduce the number of cables to carry aroundā€¦

Now that USB-C is in everything I see how naive I was! :sob:

In the age of USB-2/3, any cable would fit any device. simple and easy.
Now, with all my devices being USB-C, I need one cable for each specific device:

• My phone requires a longer than standard metal bit, so no other cable works there
  • My tablet case makes so that any cable with a slightly fat plastic bit canā€™t reach the port
  • My VR headset needs slimmer than usual metal bit, so none of my other cables fit there
  • My laptopā€™s fatter than usual, so that cable doesnā€™t get anywhere else, and other cables slip away in there.

I still do love the principle and ideas behind USB-C, but would it kill for mmanufacturers to follow a simple standard?

2 Likes

Relevant XKCD :sweat_smile:

11 Likes

Odd. All of my USB C devices use the same cable and itā€™s glorious

1 Like

Same. Apart from the odd device (a Oneplus smartphone likes to have its own charger for full speed charging), the rest works just fine with all the chargers I throw at them. I basically use only the USB-C charger from my Lenovo laptop to charge everything (laptop doh, smartphone, earphones, Flipper Zero, ā€¦). Too bad I still have some older micro-USB devices :frowning:

That is my issue:

Tablet is Samsung, which has the same issue as Oneplus phones.
Phone is random Chinese brand.
Laptop in question is a Mac (work laptop).
VR also uses itā€™s own skinny cable.

but thenā€¦ the Mac cable works with other macs.
the Samsung cable works with other samsungs.
The Oakitel also works with my old Blackview cables (both are cheapo chinese brands)
etc,etcā€¦

My friendā€™s Lenovo laptop accepts any of these cables, thoughā€¦

Me too, Iā€™m fortunate to not have had an experience like @Eyeux is describing - that sounds like a huge pain in the ass.

For me it is partially an accessibility/ergonomic issue - I have less mobility in my hands/fingers due to some neurological damage, and the reversibility of USB-C is a big help.

that alone is reason enough to love the USB-C concept!!
Plus some other technical stuff, and it being smaller, etcā€¦

As I mentioned earlier, I do love USB-C.
Just hate the manufacturers who keep ā€œtweakingā€ it into being out of the standard.

Happy new year, 'borgs!

11 Likes

FB_IMG_1672599266944

12 Likes

YYYY-MM-DD and thatā€™s final.

5 Likes

What about YYYY-MMM-DD with the month in letters?

Ouch, dial it down, this isnā€™t a grave offenseā€¦

:amal:

1 Like

THE MOST EFFICIENT
computing
YYYY-MM-DD

or
Clarity
YYYY-MMM-DD
[/quote]

THE MOST LOGICAL

DD-MM-YYYY
or
DD-MMM-YYYY

THE MOST RETARDED

MM-DD-YYYY

11 Likes

I have a ā€œThingā€ Iā€™m working on that will do something very similar, just waiting for one item to be delivered, a quick mod to it, and Iā€™ll be sharing it in the #projects section.

I only ordered the new and improved part on xmas day, because the prototype I made works, however its been in a prototype phase/ testing for a couple of months.

I made this sound all mystical and shitā€¦its actually very basic, so anybody reading this, dont set your expectations too high

I just checked the shippingā€¦WTF March???

6 Likes

Itā€™s so simple, why bother with things like slashes and dashes:

YMYDYDYM

Happy
20002131 everyone!

9 Likes

I see where youā€™re trying to go thereā€¦ but logically the year should be expressed as roman numerals so as not to confuse peopleā€¦ so happy M0M0X1X1III!

8 Likes