The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

I wish i made an Account sooner, ive been reading up on DT for at least a year or two before i made an account. I only made my account after i got my first Implant. First Time poster long time lurker. It wasnt until i really started feining interest in RFID and then i got my Flipper and i had no excuse not to get an Implant. Thats when i joined.

we all know that discourse cant count, hereā€™s further proof

AMALā€™S VIEW OF HIS STATS

MY VIEW OF HIS STATS

Taking ā€œREADā€ for example, his shows 99.0k read, but when I look at his stats (All time) I see his read time as 90.6kā€¦THAT is a big difference

Discourses counting Algorithm

count

3 Likes

I wonder how common that is!?

I lurked for a while as a guest

Then joined

Then read for about a month straight without posting, just reading and searching for my own answers

Iā€™m sure there any many more people that just visit as guests, and donā€™t join until they have a question to ask.

There are also a number of people that lurk as members, for AAGGGGESSS, without saying a word, Iā€™m looking at you @Aoxhwjfoavdlhsvfpzha , then when he starts talking, we canā€™t shut him up :rofl: Just joking, Youā€™re awesome!

Then we have the @Eriequiet , full of questions, and not sure if he should trust the answers, lotā€™s of paranoia, and took a lot of convincing to get his first implantā€¦Now look at him, full of answers and implants and running an implant booth at a tech con

Geez,
I hate highlighting people, because once you start, you kinda feel bad about all the other people that you didnā€™t mention; there are currently a huge number of members user names bouncing around in my head, that I feel I should mention, but you all know that I know how awesome you areā€¦
the two chaps above, I chose because they were the 2 examples of the extremes
The Mr. Sleeper
&
The Mr. Questions

4 Likes

I am sure a lot do this. I only decided to make an account and post when i found a topic that had me searching for similar topics Ie: the Antenna amplifier. I saw it scattered through multiple topics and then the rabbit hole of reading Satur9ā€™s tank circuit. I wanted to make one, test it and report back for others searching how i did it and that it worked.

Also, there is scarce documentation on getting PM3 working on the new M1/M2 Macs and i want to go through and help others that had the same issues.

Now if RFIDResearch will just update their Android appā€¦

1 Like

My view includes private DMs and things like that which are not counted on the public counts :slight_smile: at least I think thatā€™s what the difference is.

I just read extremely fast :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I definitely lurked before joining. Finally made an account when I was ready to get my first implant.

1 Like

I ASS-U-ME-D the same thing, but it said postsā€¦:technically" I suppose they are posts.

But that also makes sense, as I imagine you get a lot too many

3 Likes

I donā€™t think I took convincing to GET the implant, I came here after all because I wanted one lol :joy:, I just had a lot of analysis paralysis though so the rest is spot on :sweat_smile:

Also Iā€™m still full of questions :rofl:

4 Likes

Thatā€™s where I am with magnets right now. Analysis paralysis is the best possible term for it. I honestly donā€™t need it but christ, implants are more addictive than tattoos or piercings imho

1 Like

Considering I have 10 implants and 2 tattoos, Iā€™d agree lol

Best thing to get me over the analysis paralysis, was nothing ventured nothing gained

This is hacker shit and we color outside the lines, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnā€™tā€¦ but you learn as you go

I tried 2 different, out of the norm magnet installs and neither worked like I wanted it to, there just wasnā€™t any way to know if it would work besides just doing it

The chance that it would work, was worth taking the risk it didnā€™t

2 Likes

Iā€™m not an early adopter. I like observing, letting the bugs get worked out and I really pay choose attention to the iwishi peoples comments. I base a lot of my decisions from them.

It reminds me of the OLD OLD school Toonami mascot Tom. Even down to the robot design choices. but the whole old world that Tom and Toonami had feels just like this app.

1 Like

HOW ARE YOU HOLDING YOUR PHONE RIGHT NOW?

HOW ARE YOU HOLDING YOUR PHONE RIGHT NOW?

0 voters

Fun and somewhat relevant to this forum

2 Likes

Very interestingā€¦ anyone have the paper?

My first thought is that access control readers are dealing with access cards not smart cards. Smart cards do not typically use symmetric key solutions like access cards do. A smart card solution using public key asymmetric cryptography would only require the reader deal with a public key and signature validation, so even if you were able to extract exactly what the reader was doing to validate a challenge response or a signed response, you would only get the public key and it would be worthless. Definitions of terms matter, but especially in the security context of this video and probably the paper.

The other thing that comes to mind is the idea of readers at doors performing symmetric cryptographic processes with the access cards directly. I know this is how itā€™s done in the industry, but itā€™s dumb for so many reasons. Really your keys should be programmed into and stored in a central controller and readers should interact with that controller to pass data only. The reader should be no more than an extension of the communication channels required to talk to the card.

Scenarios where readers contain keys within themselves to validate symmetric cryptographic activities in the cardā€¦ HID iClass comes to mindā€¦ sure those might be vulnerableā€¦ But I would never call an iClass access card or even a desfire card a ā€œsmart cardā€ or ā€œsecure elementā€.

1 Like

Link to the paper here

1 Like

Its no different comparing a wall reader to a gate. Sure with enough time you can cut a hole or climb over, im sure with enough time and not being interrupted someone could hack the reader, but itā€™s like all security protocols itā€™ll be complimented with either a manned security or cctv.

@StarGazer1258 sent it to me yesterday, its now all implemented for
Light, Dark, Mobile and Desktop

Thanks for your work @StarGazer1258

4 Likes

At the end, he mentions expanding the human senses through AR. I like seeing people doing that!

3 Likes

Finally got my regular badge back! :blush:

5 Likes