The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Oh boy! I cannot tell you how totally stoked I am (And how much I wish to thank @Pilgrimsmaster, lord of the emoji system) for the fact that the forum now has classic symbol emoticons! :classic_grin: :classic_grin: :classic_grin:

:classic_smile:
:classic_tongue:
:classic_annoy:

3 Likes

Hell yeah!!! :classic_grin:

2 Likes

I might need to darken them up a shade or two, so they look better in light theme

Screenshot_20230804_191057_Chrome

3 Likes

Iā€™m surprised thereā€™s not an option to have separate emojis for each theme.

3 Likes

There COULD be, I havenā€™t looked.
Itā€™s still easiervto just have one set though

1 Like

image image

5 Likes

So I remember a long time ago talking about local anaesthetics and what was available.

I have found a reasonable source for topical 20% Benzocaine USP. GoBioMed.com sell Dynarex Medicaine Sting and bite ampules. These are sold in boxes of 10 0.6ml (0.02 fl. oz.) ampules for $4.95 (currently on sale for $3.85)

I havenā€™t used these for numbing the skin prior to injection myself, but I thought those who might want to try such things might be interested.

3 Likes

interestingā€¦ worth a testā€¦ iā€™ll nab some

1 Like

oofā€¦ menthol ā€¦ thatā€™ll sting going in hahah! my hunch is that the topical will work but fade quickly and leave a coating of menthol on the skin that will get dragged in with the needleā€¦ and itā€™s non-sterileā€¦ not great. would be better if they subbed the menthol for isopropyl to have some antiseptic effectā€¦ probably not the best to use for implant procedures :confused:

1 Like

The Benzocaine and Menthol are marked as active ingredients. The inactive ingredients include dyes, PEG 300, isopropyl alcohol and purified water

The fourth photo shows the inactive ingredients. I have no idea how effective it is for numbing injection sites, I do know it works for numbing insect bites.

1 Like

Interesting. It probably wonā€™t work on skin that isnā€™t irritated or inflamed without occlusion and time. Fully intact healthy skin is quite resilientā€¦ But 20% is 20% and it might just do the trickā€¦ still worth testing.

Iā€™ve got a stack of these lidocaine patches. Use them on my bumb knee, but yesterday and today Iā€™ve used them for big bites after I my legs got absolutely ruined by bug bites lol
Numbs the area quite a bit, but based on my use with my knee, I donā€™t think itā€™d help with installs, however Iā€™m still going to try it with my next x series install haha

1 Like
3 Likes

7 Likes
3 Likes

This post isnā€™t lefty friendlyšŸ˜¤

5d3c3e63f4f7e895dba266c1e69d9293b0b56842_2_597x500

5 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Since we have a certain level of interest in skin, this is quite interesting

3 Likes

I wonder whatā€™s the evolutionary explanation for this difference in skin structure? Better fat storage for women that have to bear babies in difficult times ?

4 Likes