The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

I would say splicing is easier than putting on a whole new end, but if you want to then generally speaking they are color-coded.

main-qimg-53149f102d782b432052b909dac9ef14-lq

USB-A-and-USB-B-connector-pinout-viewed-from-the-front-source-Simon-Eugsterm-CC-BY-SA.ppm

3460e10d0b614bf296aa9e89d54b7137

Just Google USB pinout

3 Likes

If theyā€™re the same color you can always continuity check with the conector at the other end.

2 Likes

I would buy a 300mm cable, ,then you have all you need with no fucking around or risk of fucking shit up

Whats your time worth?

Keep your 180cm cable for a project that you need it for

3 Likes

You will never convert us from our freedom units!

4 Likes

EVER!

I really wish we did tho

1 Like

How many coke cans long is that?

The webcam is semi fixed on the other end

You can technically buy replacement cable you have to open it up to swap outā€¦ but itā€™s the same length

Logitech c920

I was thinking cutting the male end off to length and using something like this would be easier

Why would you splice instead @amal ?

I feel like having to strip far enough back to solder and not cause individual wire heat shrinks to shrink too soon, and staggering them to not make a weird cancer lump in the cable would be more hassleā€¦ but Iā€™m open to suggestions and recommendations

Mostly just want to it to look clean

Iā€™m due to splice my acr122u to make it more compact and easier to discreetly carry. Because Iā€™m using it on the fly i decided to keep the existing sheath by the connectors (the ones thats stop them bending excessively) rather than just reconnecting at usb end of the cable to prevent disconnect of the wiring from wear and tear. Will let you know how successful the splice was!

Ah, That makes sense for what you are trying to achieve, My bad.

Faster and easier, BUT

That will be your problem, You could do a clean job, but never as tidy as replacing the plug

Then thatā€™s your solution

In Your situation, Personally, I would upen it up and hard wire ( Much like the web cam above), and just have a pigs tail

1 Like

I did think about rewiring the board but they put a thick glob of heat proof glue on the pcb so i canā€™t even resolder the usb cable to the board. But i like your idea.

1 Like

Ha, Youā€™re not even on my RADAR, you only slip up on occasion, but 95% of the time, you are a sane and logical person

Actually im going to try and dissolve the glue and try your idea.

1 Like

3 Likes

Iā€™m going to start using the Rankine temperature scale from now on.

17 posts were split to a new topic: Setting up a VPN

If a subdermal implant had contacts on the top surface you could have a device with very fine needle or pointy contacts that easy pierce the 1-2mm skin gap. Based on how small the penetration is it would probably neither hurt or pose any risk at all especially on the very numb surface of a large implant. Much less of a big deal that getting a light scratch from your cat or thorny plant which is already pretty mundane.

The question is, is the skin too coductive to have a circuit run through it?
What could it be used for? Charging/data transfer? Itā€™s a bit like transdermals but itā€™s only there when needed and the whole is so small itā€™s nothing to worry about :man_shrugging:

That link is blocked for me. Maybe it received too much attention from us.

yes. youā€™re a big bag of salty waterā€¦ just putting exposed pads in the body will be a problem, and trying to poke conductive probes through the skin will also have a pretty high leakage current between the probes.

Hey!

Also I thought the top skin layers might have less water content but maybe not

I saw a debate on the USB c standard recently here. Hereā€™s a cute little thing:

4 Likes