The antiđŸš«-derailment🚃 & threadđŸ§” hijackingđŸ”« threadđŸ§” ⁉

Okay
 having never encountered a bidet I am skeptical of its effectiveness.

The seashells are a bit further off base, but could be an important piece of knowledge if I find myself in some sort of situation.

The metal straw, heck no! I don’t even want to consider that as a solution!

2 Likes

In the actual film, you can see that the seashells are actually just controls of some kind. Buttons or some kind of interface. My bet is they are actually just controls for a futuristic bidet. Maybe wash, dry, sterilize with UV or plasma :slight_smile:

Demolition-Man-3-Seashells

4 Likes

It’s my DTversary today!

8 Likes

received_690038909836309

2 Likes

just activated my new card from the bank because my old one expired

(totally didn’t forget to do it til it was already expired :innocent:)

I had given up getting ANY kind of contactless card from them
 and lo and behold

not only is it contactless
 its got a 5 year expiration date AND its a COM chip too
 :sunglasses:

maybe I need to catch up on @satur9’s project now :upside_down_face:

stupid question
 can you convince your bank to issue you a second card to the same bank?
obviously I can’t tell them what I’m REALLY going to do to it

I just don’t think I want to be 100% implant ONLY for my bank card

speaking of not wanting to commit to only new stuff
 my actual banks atm machines, LITERALLY DONT USE THE EMV chip

they sure act like they do, they stuck the card in and lock it during the transaction and what not

but they only use the magstripe like barbians

I know this because I make a habit of intentionally wrecking the magstripe on my cards so I don’t get skimmed
 (my running logic is AT THIS POINT, if someplace is STILL magstripe only
 I don’t think I wanna trust them with my card)

and their atm rejects my emv only card :eyeroll:

3 Likes

Came across this, I thought people might be interested 

2 Likes

yeah I did it with a discover card a while ago. ymmv though depending on issuer.

asked for a new card but to not cancel the old one. My excuse was I wanted one copy to keep for emergencies stashed in the “glove box” and the other copy with my normal cards.

3 Likes

Why is another card needed? I remember reading you can send DT a wearable and they’ll make an implant out of it, but is it the same process with a credit card?

they want a backup non implanted version of the card

Thanks, I meant, what happens with the non-backup? Is it destroyed? Can DT make an implant with an NFC capable credit card?

yes, depending on the specific card it can potentially be converted to an implantable form-factor

1 Like

In the conversion process, the card itself gets destroyed. It’s only workable as an implant after that.

The potential problem is that you can’t insert an implant into the card reader or use it with terminals that do not support contactless.

The one potential problem a CoM conversion might have is that occasionally the processor or issuer may want you to insert your card versus using the contactless. I think this is done as a periodic safety check, just like asking for the PIN code every few transactions. In this case, you would not be able to perform the insertion and you might not be able to use the card for that transaction, or possibly longer if the insert check persists beyond a single transaction.

3 Likes

Ahhhh, OK. Thanks amal!

Here (Mexico) a backup card would be a must, anything over 400 pesos or about 23 US dollars requires the chip/pin.

I don’t know if they’ll issue a duplicate card. It depends on the bank, but probably not since I’ve never heard of that.

If you want to go through with it just let me know and I’ll prod Amal harder to make it an option. He already has my PCBs

2 Likes

Just emailed my bank asking if I could get an extra card for emergencies. Fingers crossed!

Edit: No go : (
I’ll have to wait until I can live without the card during the conversion/install process.

3 Likes

Can you add your partner or family member on as a joint account, then get them a card?

Just for show of course. Melt that sucker down and extract the chip.

3 Likes

My bank said they can only issue one card at a time. If they send me another card, my current one is automatically cancelled. : /
I’ll start shopping for a new checking account and googling photos to try and spot COM cards. Want to change my checking account anyways.

I can totally understand that if we’re talking about an account with only one person who can access it.

But

How do you think they handle married couples, they’re surely not going to expect them to share one card on a joint account? I’m pretty sure this:

means per person, per account. Having a second person, whom you trust implicity, getting access to your account, nets you a second functional card. Technically it’s not in your name, but once it’s been melted down, and shoved into implant form, who’s really gonna check the signature?

2 Likes

Unfortunately I do not have such a person. Good idea though! If I ever get married, I’ll have to remember this! lol

1 Like

You can add anyone to your account. Sister, Mom, Aunt