The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Spent a day and did my cable management a few months ago, Heres a few files that may help out.

velcro_holder.stl (20.3 KB)
Cable_Holder_3_Way.stl (227.0 KB)
Cord_organizer_v2.stl (120.6 KB)
J-Channel_Cable_Organizer__Holder__Management__Raceway__Hanger_3292180.zip (261.9 KB)

These helped out a lot for me, at least in cleaning up my runs

3 Likes

So the spectrum lights up at quite a distance :grin: slightly too far to get a read but still impressive.
Mine has no blue for some reason. The green is dim because thereā€™s still quite a bit of blood over it.

5 Likes

Wellā€¦
That sucks.

But now Iā€™m wondering about a uv blinkie underneath it so that when you get a read you get the symbol instead of a glowing spot.

1 Like

Iā€™m pretty confident that in 3-6 weeks the dark moments where nothing is shining will eventually have blue peeking through. Basically for blue to make it through there has to be no dying or dead blood getting in the way, and the body will take a long time to totally clear it from the wound.

1 Like

Nah, no blue. I donā€™t like blue anyway :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

that is so oddā€¦ it definitely had blue when i shipped it :confused:

1 Like

(Are you sure? Iā€™m 60% sure the video of it you sent me pre-ordering didnā€™t have blue either)

Thatā€™s a bit worrying :face_with_diagonal_mouth: I hope the same thing doesnā€™t happen to the red and green.
What impact can the led have on reading the chip if it dies?

Iā€™ll let Amal answer you directly and correctly.

But if you want to hear a guess, I think the chip will be fine, and youll get improved performance.

FYI

the video may not do justice to the ACTUAL colours, but to me, the green looks like a green Halo effect around a blue light.

1 Like

Just checked. Two videos, first one doesnā€™t have blue, the second one does.
My guess is they were two different ones?
I wonā€™t share the videos here just in case youā€™re not ok with that

Nah , thatā€™s my video, not Amalā€™s . It definitely didnā€™t have blue IRL :wink:

The video you just posted, it looks like it ramps up in green

and fades out in blue (but green halo)

again, it could just be the video.
The screenshots I took were just a couple of frames apart

1 Like

Not sure what you mean? I can assure you that there was no blue whatsoever, while seeing it in person pre and post install. And videos of other spectrums clearly show blue so I donā€™t think the video could completely hide 1/3 of the cycle.

If you mean blue is off sync and merges with green, maybe? Canā€™t tell visualy

Just to be clear, Iā€™m not complaining :slightly_smiling_face: just trying to figure out how thatā€™s possible

Haha, youre all good, just saying what I saw in the video.

Thatā€™s what it looks like in my screen shots

1 Like

I think my spectrum (the first one Amal showed me and the one I agreed on) never had blue and still doesnā€™t.
The one he showed me later to demonstrate range was a different one with blue.

The confusing part is this

Maybe you remember another order or got confused with that theoretical second one?

Thatā€™s my explanation anyway :sweat_smile: either that or the color changes ahave some unpredictable randomness

Also

Hey Amal, hey Amal, hey Amal :face_holding_back_tears:

3 Likes

should not have any impact at all. in fact it may improve performance because weā€™re not ā€œwastingā€ power on LEDs :slight_smile:

Ok here are the videos. Iā€™m pretty sure the first one is not the one I shipped, while the second one with my phone is.

The thing about these RGB fader LEDs is that the whole thing is a single package. The fader circuit is built into the LED package along with the emitters. I think it would be very difficult for the blue emitter to simply fail as an individual part.

Also to note, the fade pattern is somewhat random. In the first video the red LED actually blinks twice and then the green LED blinks.

I also found that the fader circuit actually seems to retain some bit of memory if the amount of time between scans is not like several minutesā€¦ it might be possible that the pattern ā€œstarts upā€ from where it left off if you were scanning it multiple times one after the other, and that particular part of the pattern did not include blue for whatever reason. The videos I shot, particularly the first one, is too short to determine this.

There are ā€œfastā€ and ā€œslowā€ fade versions of this LEDā€¦ but you can see the ā€œslowā€ version also has a section where there are fast blinks. In short, the behavior of these fader LEDs is sufficiently random that one LED package does not appear to behave the same as the next.

This video you posted with it on top of your hand over the ACR122U, it clearly shows no blue and also has some ā€œdead spotsā€ where it would make sense from a timing perspective to have blue flash at that momentā€¦ while in my first video there is no blue but there are no ā€œdark momentsā€ eitherā€¦ the red LED simply flashes twice.

Tough to say what happened hereā€¦ but this is the magic of testing unreleased products :slight_smile:

1 Like

I wonder if they actually are somewhat ā€œrandomā€, like those candle imitations that flicker with thermal expansion. I can see something like that but tiny and a bit more consistent being how they work.

I got a rare shiny thatā€™s all :smirk:

1 Like

Use zinc to keep it powered and see if it picks up on the new pattern and it kick starts blue maybe?

3 Likes

Done that! Itā€™s the same

(Actually zinc doesnā€™t support the apex yet so itā€™s not continuously powering. But the acr should)

1 Like

The blue LED also requires a higher voltage so the available power might have a say on which LEDs turn on?

1 Like

Iā€™ve tried the flipperā€™s debug field which based on the range is the most powerful thing I have and I didnā€™t notice a difference

1 Like