The antiđŸš«-derailment🚃 & threadđŸ§” hijackingđŸ”« threadđŸ§” ⁉

Haha! Yup, they had NFC antennas even before that!

hmmm

2 Likes

100uW at 3v sounds fairly reasonable. That could run a RTC for many years no problem. Although i think the main question is are they actually innovating to get more power out of betavoltaics or just trying to break into the market?

1 Like

Wouldn’t you be much more impressed if 'ol Elon got one his self?

2 Likes

I’d love to see Elon get himself a NExT along with a NeuralLink for that matter.

1 Like
3 Likes

Maybe I’m a pack rat. These are my two favorite smart phone designs.

The original Motorola Droid with its metal chassis and slide out hardware keyboard and the Moto X. The X fits the hand so well and reads NFC like a champ! Just tried it on my Spark 1. :ok_hand:

4 Likes

Oh man that OG Droid takes me back! I miss that phone like crazy!!
Can’t remember how many I went through by dropping it or bricking it lol
Making themes was so easy too with the theme kitchen or w/e the online too was called.

3 Likes

Found these

They remind me of Simon StĂ„lenhag but with a different feel. Instead of dark and ominous like Simon’s paintings these are almost the opposite, comforting and nostalgic. Anyway I think these are by Alphonse Marcel but I can’t find information.

5 Likes

My gut immediately make me think me they’re AI generated.

That fact that they’re similar style, composition, poses, make me think it’s the same seed, different prompt on an AI generator. Perhaps someone put in the prompt "in the style of Alphonse Marcel.

Idk, it’s so hard to tell nowadays, which is a little dystopian

4 Likes

If they are then he was the one who generated them because they are pretty much only on his Facebook. Idc how he made them as long as they exist :slightly_smiling_face:

Isn’t it ironic to generate dystopian images in a dystopian world :joy:
Here’s a take on that:
I’m very familiar with the souvenir industry because I’ve worked selling them a few times. As you can imagine nowadays no matter where you buy one it 100% comes from an asian factory that has nothing to do with the country it portrays. In fact it is the same for items that appear or even are falsely advertised as “handmade” and “local artwork”.
Since the industrial revolution you have absolutely no idea if something was made by a human or not, if it is unique or made in millions. That’s true for art, clothing, furniture
 And the world has not burned down :man_shrugging: Now the same thing is happening for digital content and it will bring some changes like every new technology did but we will deal with it and keep going.
In fact this happens every time, we panic about how a new tech will revolutionize everything and how we should take drastic measures and plan things out. Then we do absolutely nothing, let money guide all the decisions and get over it until it becomes normal and “the way things are”. And I say that in a positive way, we’re a huge self-regulating blob with fantastic emergent behaviors.

5 Likes

Random sourcing brain picking

Anybody know where I can find some iso cards with a ntag in them AND any kind of smart card chip? The insert chip doesn’t matter
 it’s literally just a prop reproduction from a game

I love these so much. I need these upgrades. Though being a cyborg farm girl has never been on my radar occupation-wise, I can imagine that these upgrades come in VERY handy in that exhausting line of work!

1 Like

US Based, I would be looking on eBay
Did you want any specific type?,
Heres NTAG216 as an example

So something like this?

Right
 but I need those combined lol

If it’s for a prop and you only need a functional NTAG, consider getting a chip design printed on the cards. It’s not ideal but it might be enough.

2 Likes

Ahhhhhh, I was wondering why you were asking for help for such a simple thing to search for.

I now get what you want, Personally I dont recall ever seeing one, my assumption is because the 2 chips would be operating in the same Freq, for different purposes, so it would be an unlikely scenario, not to say they don’t exist, but i havent seen them or know why they would exist, I would search AliExpress or similar to find some weird and wonderful options.

If it’s just for a Prop, could you just stick the 2 together with double sided tape, glue etc.

Is it going to remain just plain white or getting a sticker on it?

If the smart card chip didnt need to be functional and If I wanted one, I would consider making my own

I have a few ideas how to do that, but in my mind, for the most simple approach, heres what I would do.

Cut or dissolve the smart chip from the smart card and then embed that in the NTAG card, This would leave your NTAG car functional, but it would look like a smart card.

Could you print out an image of a smart chip, and stick that to the NTAG card just for appearances?

Can you share the prop you are trying to emulate, It might give some of us some other ideas how to achieve that for you.

Recreated it from a game on a whim
 because quite frankly others were trying to do so quite terribly
 and nothing is an instant Adhd motivator than dunking on someone lol :joy:

I was initially just going to 3D print it
 but alas doing 7 colors out of a 4 color 3D printer is difficult enough that I lost motivation to try and coax it into my shenanigans
(One can buy add Another unit to be able to print 8 colors, and I’d be lying if I said I hadn’t considered it
 but it’s currently out of stock soooo here we are)

The smart chip will be completely useless
 just a key point in the model
 the ntag I really want because reprogramming it to point to the games discord or “insert meme of the moment”

I know someone who does access control for a Corp, and sounds like they have unsupervised access of the badge printer, so I was going to convert my 3D design to a 2d design ( :smiling_face_with_tear: ) and just have them print on the card I’m seeking

2 Likes

That was also going to be one of my ideas, but the printers are not always easy to access.
It would also depend on the quality.
which is why I asked about a sticker.
You could use a high res printer and cut that out then stick it to the card, which is not a long term better option, but potentially a short term better look.
An alternative to this, a stcker label printer, might give the effect you want

The other option was keeping the smart card, and attaching an NTAG sticker to the back of the card.

Also if you didnt want to be 100% accurate but wanted more flair, you could replace the smart chip with a smart nail, to give you a blinky effect