The anti🚫-derailment🚃 & thread🧵 hijacking🔫 thread🧵 ⁉

Dang that sucks, but funny and too relatable!
I hope you’ll get some free time soon, in the mean time, see if you can get a hold of these:

3 Likes

The “fun” thing about the ferrite core memory is that every time you read it, it erase itself, so to keep the code on there you have to re-write the bit right after reading it

I experienced withdrawal symptoms from that…

4 Likes

I started reaching out to people outside of the forum to see if they had trouble too. It was terrible!

5 Likes

Aww sorry guys haha… I’ll be sure to announce next time I try updating

4 Likes

20240125_170043

5 Likes

Need to set up an IRC channel that pops up automatically when the forum goes down :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: Any cyborgs work for the FAA? I came across the ATSS job and am very intrigued.

5 Likes

While this might derail the thread, DT is one of the reasons why I’ve thought about getting a Tesla… Just because it’s easier than modifying a car.

However, EVs are not very popular around these parts and the cost is a bit high for someone who doesn’t drive that much.

1 Like

Might also look into tire life on them. Apparently it’s an issue.

1 Like

Exciting :pbjtime:

4 Likes

Yuuuusssssssaaa!!!

3 Likes

The only DECENT padlock!

There are a couple of little ones also, and the “new” one I found.

I’ve been sitting on this review for a week or so, because I wanted to do a bit more testing.
Thats going to have to wait for a while, so I thought I would share what I have done so far.

Review here

2 Likes

Is it crazy to write this link to my hand?

2 Likes

Neuralink human subject

If you believe that guy :wink:

6 Likes

Is there workaround around for cloning a mifare system that detects magic chips?

Bambu lab filament tags…
Last I checked on the people trying to crack the system, there’s a fair amount of data fields on the tag, and they have been dumped… but I think the issue is the system detects and rejects magic chips

I assume the people working on it are knowledgeable on the subject… I just know the rfid geeks here tend to be a bit more focused and niche sometimes

I did tap my phone to a spool when I first got them but I forget… I think they are mifare ev1 so 7 byte IDs and hardened RNG? Basically I think you will need to try to find a magic chip of some type that is a gen2 that also mimics the ev1 type of mifare chip… hard to find probably. The more advanced stuff like gen4 stuff I’ve seen that may be able to emulate this kind of mifare chip also respond to APDU type commands so they are easy to detect.

A gen2 chip basically has no special commands, it just has a writable sector 0 and I doubt many readers are going to try to execute a write to sector 0 just to check for a magic chip because it’s a bit risky.

1 Like

On the bambulabs what is written to sector 0 is a calculation of the uuid. There’s a reddit thread somewhere where this is mentioned.

Edit: found it. https://www.reddit.com/r/BambuLab/s/7QHMzzju2d

3 Likes

Cool

Hah I know this guy. Located in Seattle.

1 Like

Maybe try a gen2 card but change the access bits or keys or both so sector 0 can’t be written to by the reader

1 Like

giphy(1)

4 Likes