The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

South Africa with the two weird rappers right?
Edit: yes! Had to look it up. Iā€™d love to be uploaded into a unit like Chappie!

3 Likes

Beautiful country but I couldnā€™t live there. The houses have so much security itā€™s like living in a cage. A friend of mine was mugged in Cape Town. He put up no resistance. Give them his money, watch, car keys etc. As they were walking away one of them just turned around and shot him as an afterthought. He died in his girlfriendā€™s arms. Mindless violence fuelled by generations of abuse.

1 Like

soon

3 Likes

taking this seriously, i have to say that i donā€™t think it will ever happenā€¦ but only because i am not evil enough to make it happen. let me explain. when i talk to my friends about dangerous things and what iā€™ve done over the last 20ish years in the biohacking space (since 2005), they all ask me why iā€™m not a millionaire yet (let alone a billionaire). iā€™ve asked myself this same question over and over again as i look back at my decisions over the years. the conclusion iā€™ve come to is this; my goals are not aligned with becoming filthy rich.

my primary concerns are happy life, happy employees, happy cyborg customers ā€¦ these are my definition of successā€¦ and the thing is, these things are achievable without a lot of money. there is this odd place you can get stuck in as a business where you are making enough money to pay your bills and keep your family safe and keep your one or two employees happy and develop new things and not spend your entire day grinding away to the point of it being detrimental to your health and interpersonal relationships. growing beyond this means you must sacrifice several things - turn employees into cogs, focus only on the bottom line, destroy your health and relationships, etc.

in short, i donā€™t want to do thatā€¦ so i donā€™t think iā€™ll ever be rich enough or evil enough to build the kind of company that is going to come out with these kinds of solutions within my lifetime. iā€™m old already.

i think some combination of elon musk related technology and possibly some other tech mixed in will be your only hope for this.

when it comes to VivoKey, i do think there is an opportunity to grow that company to a large size, make significant money, etc. with the understanding that to do that, a company must focus everything on a narrow set of services and goalsā€¦ and full body replacement is not within the set of goals for VivoKey sadly.

12 Likes

I respect that.

I just recently switched jobs and at my last job, it felt like I was just a cog. It felt like by default I wasnā€™t trusted and every little thing was monitored and scrutinized. My new job is liberating in comparison. I get to work from home, I feel like Iā€™m valued and trusted to get my work done. Basically, as long as I get my work done satisfactorily, Iā€™m trusted to do what I want with my time.

I canā€™t tell you how great that feels compared to being constantly treated like youā€™re trying to cheat the company of time. I just got that feeling yesterday and itā€™s so freeing. It makes you feel human.

So in short, thank you for not being that guy. :heart:

8 Likes

sadly these kinds of people seem to somehow be a necessity to push things forward in major ways. one simple example (though there are innumerable examples) is amazon - itā€™s a miracle of modern retail convenience, but the sausage-making behind it is really horrificā€¦ and this seems to be the way of everything. the amount of absolute psychopathy required to operate businesses the way they need to be operated to achieve such things is astounding.

Thomas Oxley, founder and CEO of Synchron (competitor to neuralink) has sacrificed quite a lot to get that company to where it is now, and itā€™s not even really to market yet. Iā€™m sure he and even his team have all put personal health, happiness, and even family to the wayside to get to where they are now. He told me as much when I met him in person once at a conference. Constant flights to and frow, never resting, constantly managing chaos, constantly pushing people and teamsā€¦ it takes a toll on everyone, even if everyone is excited and not necessarily treated like a cog - they are just pushed to run at 110% redline all the timeā€¦ all to ensure Neuralink doesnā€™t beat them to the punch.

Humans have limitsā€¦ so one way or another, achieving great things for humanity will always take a bit of a meat-grinder approach.

Nowā€¦ letā€™s consider AI powered robotsā€¦ they are not humanā€¦ perhaps there will be a way to change things so massive achievements will be made using a metal-grinder approach instead, leaving humans to marvel at our silicon progenyā€™s proficiency. Who knows where things will go once we achieve complete separation of production from labor - both physical and cognitive. Exciting and terrifying :slight_smile:

6 Likes

https://www.reddit.com/r/implanted/s/GaDjR56Hnt

2 Likes

I have the standard FBI Surveillance Van and DEA SSIDs around me that people saw on a subreddit and thought were funny (I swear, no matter where you go, you can find a FBI or DEA home network lol), but I find the new neighborā€™s network tonight.

8 Likes

Mine is named Birds Arenā€™t Real

5 Likes

Nice!
My 5g is Browncoats and 2.4g is Reavers. Hotspot is Fuck Off, and Bluetooth used to be Fuck Off, but then someone kept trying to pair on a flight so I changed it to I SAID FUCK OFF and they stopped :classic_grin:

7 Likes

I do have a background in video production as well. I would love to have a brainstorming session about this if youā€™d be interested.

5 Likes

Yeah man Iā€™d love that ā€¦ any input it welcomed

1 Like

Feel free to DM me to set up a call, or if you prefer, we could set up something that anybody could join. Perhaps a new thread would be in order as well?

4 Likes
1 Like

yikes. forum was down for the last hour+ because i tried rolling in the docs plugin and it shit the bedā€¦ like completely. Luckily I took a snapshot prior to attempting the update. Eventually gave up and rolled back to snapshotā€¦ and here we are.

Iā€™ll attempt it again later when I can roll a new server based on the snapshot and try again. I think I need to update the kernel and multiple other things first.

5 Likes

1 Like

1 Like

holy shit this is crazy too

2 Likes

Working fulltime and in classes full time. So tired that today I turned the key on in my truck so I could roll up the MANUAL window.

7 Likes