The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Shit @Backpackingvet, sorry I didnā€™t see your post before I put my insensitive post straight after it.
not meant to be dismissive.

THAT my friend is an absolutely fantastic idea.
Very cool :sunglasses::syringe: :dog2:

I also wonder if you will be the first person to do so.

1 Like

omg i fucking love this idea so much :purple_heart:

2 Likes

Not a silly question at all! Iā€™m not actually Polish, but I heard that story at a young age and it ended up being a really important story for me, and I really liked the design of the flag, so I ended up using it as an avatar for pretty much everything. My first tattoo was even of Wojtek :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Probably, as it is an odd idea. The Veterinarian looked at me goofy. I was just straight honest with her, and through my tears, she must not have found it that bad. They pulled it out before cremation.

Gonna clean it up real well with 99 iso, then gonna soak it in chlorhexidine for sever weeks.

Odd for sure. But, I trust the science to keep me healthy in it. If it looks scratched by a scalpel, I wonā€™t put it in.

Different strokes.

4 Likes

The creepy bit isnā€™t that you want to implant your dogā€™s chip, but rather that the chip has lived in your dog for a long time, and Iā€™m not sure any amount of cleaning will remove dog cells, viruses and whatnot that might have found their way deep into the glassā€™ crevises or parylene coating.

Look it over good, make sure it isnā€™t thin wall stock. If it is, or if itā€™s damaged, you might could get it re-encapsulated. Maybe put the whole glass tube inside a larger glass tube of high quality.

3 Likes

Hey, I have been thinking the same. Pretty sure I can get it autoclaved if I want. My local piercing places arenā€™t getting tons of business.

2 Likes

I will look it over real well. I did inquire about having the core reset inside a new tube. I will look into the company, but I am pretty sure they have to be as safe for implants into humans here in the states.

Dog food and cat food have to be certified to be eaten by humans. Old and/or poor people will get it as a cheap protein.

3 Likes

If my grandmotherā€™s stories were true, she had to keep me out of the dog food as a toddler, or Iā€™d fill up on it.

2 Likes

I ate it growing up to mess with people. It ainā€™t bad to chomp on really. I wouldnā€™t choose to eat it today. I would eat SPAM

3 Likes

Not just poor people: when I was a student and I wanted to save money to keep my carā€™s tank full of gas and my tummy full of beer, I often bought big bags of dried dog pasta from the store. Turns out theyā€™re really good - even better than those fancy ā€œitalianā€ pasta sold for 5x the price :slight_smile:

2 Likes

what the hell is dog pasta?

2 Likes

I have personally a significant issue with this. I am NOT okay with him passing himself off as VivoKey (see his name), or putting Apple and our logo on there with his name. This is how we have a bad time.

3 Likes

@ODaily how about a word with your padawan to withdraw his non sanctioned vivokey ambassador branding, especially since ios vivokey isnā€™t even a thing yetā€¦

3 Likes

Honestly, I think weā€™ve entertained him long enough. He got banned once, used multiple accounts to bypass his ban, and is now passing himself off as an ambassador for our brand. Heā€™s just too likely to go and cause massive damage somewhere that our resources (which are in limited supply) will need to clean up.

Edit: Not to mention the fact his instagram rivals vivokey.com in the amount of VivoKey logos and our general work.

Edit 2: Hector, I know youā€™re reading this. How hard is it to get through your head: you are not an ambassador or representative for us. The fact your Instagram has all our logos is not a good thing.

2 Likes

MY OPINION

Actually although it sounds counter intuitive
a 70% isopropyl alcohol will be more effective, give it 48 hours minimum, agitate occasionally. I like your autoclave idea also.

do you have access to a microscope?

Ok, I believe you, and you probably know a lot more on this subjectā€¦

ā€¦but you gotta explain this

Well, you knowā€¦ pasta, noodlesā€¦ that sort of thing. Just like the ones you can find for humans, but in 25lb bags. The supermarket next to my dorm used to have piles of those bags in the dog food aisle.

I could try, but this full article will do a better job than I ever could

This specific section excerpt explains it

Why Is 70% the Most Effective Concentration of Isopropyl Alcohol for Disinfection?

Isopropyl alcohol, particularly in solutions between 60% and 90% alcohol with 10 ā€“ 40% purified water, is rapidly antimicrobial against bacteria, fungi, and viruses. Once alcohol concentrations drop below 50%, usefulness for disinfection drops sharply. Notably, higher concentrations of alcohol donā€™t generate more desirable bactericidal, virucidal, or fungicidal properties.

The presence of water is a crucial factor in destroying or inhibiting the growth of pathogenic microorganisms with isopropyl alcohol. Water acts as a catalyst and plays a key role in denaturing the proteins of vegetative cell membranes. 70% IPA solutions penetrate the cell wall more completely which permeates the entire cell, coagulates all proteins, and therefore the microorganism dies. Extra water content slows evaporation, therefore increasing surface contact time and enhancing effectiveness. Isopropyl alcohol concentrations over 91% coagulate proteins instantly. Consequently, a protective layer is created which protects other proteins from further coagulation.

Solutions > 91% IPA do kill bacteria, but sometimes require longer contact times for disinfection, and enable spores to lie in a dormant state without being killed. In this analysis, a 50% isopropyl alcohol solution kills Staphylococcus Aureus in less than 10 seconds (pg. 238), yet a 90% solution with a contact time of over two hours is ineffective. Some disinfectants will kill spores, which are classified as chemical sterilants. So why do higher alcohol solutions yield fewer results for bactericidal and antimicrobial outcomes?

2 Likes

That should be fine. Small chance of it killing the tag, but not likely. I wouldnā€™t worry too much about itā€¦ no autoclave, a good scrubbing with soap and water followed by 70% isopropyl soak for 48 hours and you should be ā€œgood enoughā€.

3 Likes