The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

To be honest, I think it isnā€™t that odd of an idea. Unheard of? sure. Kind of ā€œpointlessā€ (in a practical way) yea.

But bringing one of your passions and your best friend together as a sentimental item makes sense 100% itā€™s close to a remembrance tattoo in my eyes.

3 Likes

Honestly, Iā€™ve talked to people before about implanting diamonds made from ashes of their lives ones. Itā€™s not necessary to encapsulate diamond, you can just put it in directly. People actually do this as emergency funds well hidden when traveling in risky areasā€¦ easy to convert to cash for a quick plane ride home if necessary.

3 Likes

According to the article, because of the purple magic?

ā€¦but seriously thatā€™s actually really cool, thanks for sharingā€¦ I would have bet that higher IPA equates to higher sterilizationā€¦ itā€™s fun and enlightening to be wrong sometimes

ā€¦thatā€™s crazy(the good kind)
Iā€™d hope you clean the blood off before taking it to a Jewelry store lol
Begs the question if the area is that sketchyā€¦ could you realistically have access to a place to then diamond into cash

This has to be a regional thingā€¦ like Canadians and their milk in a plastic bag

2 Likes

I just bought a new phone that actually has NFC, very excited :slight_smile:
photo_2020-10-15_03-40-57

To write to my implants Iā€™ve been using an old LG V20, but that thing is too old IMO for daily use, and it really sucks not being able to use my implants with my daily driver. My main phone atm is a Moto G7 Power that I got free for signing up with my carrier. Itā€™s not awful for a free phone, but itā€™s buggy as hell. The bluetooth on it is so bad that my headphones cut out if I put my phone in my pocket (regardless of what headphones Iā€™m using). Plus, regardless of implants, not having Google Pay has been a bit of a pain.

I would have probably backed a titan with the money instead, but Iā€™d been saving for a new phone for a while, plus I have some of the same concerns that @anon3825968 has regarding the drawbacks. Mainly MRI incompatibility, combined with the fact that I work with a lot of very intricate and small metal/ferrous parts, and in a lot of small metal spaces. Iā€™m also a vintage computer enthusiast, and the chance of wiping a bunch of 5.25" floppies on accident doesnā€™t sound fun. Iā€™m a bit worried about the bump too. Iā€™ve got large fingers, but even the visibility of my Spark 2 took a little bit to get used to (very visible if I flex my fist). Any kind of change in the profile of my finger might freak me out a bit.

2 Likes

Raaahhhā€¦ the lock industry is crazy. They donā€™t want to sell you anything if youā€™re not a building company trying to outfit several large buildings. I mean seriously, do these people have too much money or something? A saleā€™s a sale ferchrissake!

Iā€™ve been conning several companies into answering me literally for months by pretending I want to test their hardware as a company, with a view to placing a large order if Iā€™m satisfied. None of them will answer me as a simple customer - including distributors - even if I dangle several hundred dollars worth of sales in front of their noses. I have to use the fake business identity I usually use to get Chinese suppliers to talk to me (because they too will ignore you unless they think youā€™re going to order a batch of a million billion piecesā€¦)

This is so frustrating. Butā€¦ Iā€™m close to getting somewhere. I might actually be able to report on a new, interesting implant-friendly lock not too far in the future - and more importantly, where / how / how much to buy it :slight_smile:

(Sorry Iā€™m ranting here, as I didnā€™t feel like opening a thread just for a rant)

1 Like

This is the place, for just that sort of thing.

Intriguing, and good luck

No youā€™re being a tease

i have to get myself an nfc phone, I replaced my phone 2 days after i got my implant (i got it implanted Christmas eve, so boxing day sales were on) but it ended up being a dud of a phone i had to return 3 weeks later and i never got around to getting a new one. makes showing off my implant alot harder

1 Like

I normally donā€™t do the newest phone thing

But the iPhone 12 pro max (all the tags)
Has a lidar scanner on the camera assembly

This excites the 3D printer in me

Only really showed it being used for room scans, and I might be grasping at something not there

But the idea of a 3D scanner built into my phone would be very nice

I know there was a note 10 but I never heard how it was received

As a 3D printer as well (and a developer in general) the lidar functionality is intriguing, but I just couldnā€™t deal with the cost, and the locked down development ecosystem. Iā€™ve got a few older macbooks I use for iOS development, but itā€™s not nearly as enjoyable as using my daily driver linux PC for android development. Plus Iā€™m pretty embedded in the USB type C ecosystem, Iā€™ve ensured that all of my newer daily electronics use it for practicality reasons.

Iā€™m a bit late on that, but I really like your idea. Itā€™s not creepy at all, and itā€™s a great idea for connection and memory, in a wayā€¦ and since many of those ā€œmemory-portraitā€-tattoos donā€™t look that good, itā€™s even better than that :wink: Hope you can get the chip cleaned up well and hope itā€™s still in a good shapeā€¦

Recently I stumbled upon something similar (though maybe a bit more creepy) - maybe I misunderstood it, but if I get this right, Steve offers silicone capsules to be filled with, well, maybe the ashes of a loved one?

Or I just got the few infos there wrong, dunno :woman_shrugging:
1 Like

You do live in the land of Abloysā€¦ (I was in the Helsinki museum of design and they had Abloys on lockersā€¦) but Iā€™m guessing a Abloy C301 with an electric striker would just not be practical for your purpose?

Also, for the people invested in Ubiquiti: they just released their Access system, which can work with Mifare Classic, UL, DF1/2 and evolutionā€¦ and it does not use Wiegand - fully encrypted communications with the hub. So if you use it with a DF2 it is sooo much more secureā€¦ but it is quite fucking expensive (~400ā‚¬ for Dream machine pro + ~500ā‚¬ for Access kit for one door [hub, reader, reader with touchscreen, phone functionality, also as intercom])

Itā€™s more complicated than that: the doors I intend to ā€œupgradeā€ cannot be modified, for practical and legal reasons. I found a very clean, very pro, minimally invasive solution to the problem. But itā€™s quite hard to get my hands on only a few of those devices.

If it does what I want, itā€™ll fit just about any door under the sun.

I canā€™t say more at this point, but watch this space.

Oh, yeah, that is a bit too much for me. I can understand it kinda too. I havenā€™t heard of that, only mixing in the ash to ink.

Not doing that either.

Sounds interesting too, especially considering that the very first tattoo colours were mostly made of ashā€¦ I wouldnā€™t do that, either, but I like the idea.

Aaandā€¦ I finally managed to talk to the right rep with the right state of mind. I got me a quotation for a really nice lock that seems to do exactly what I want. Not too expensive too, although not cheap. And he knows about the implants too: I threw it in the discussion to see if itā€™d stick, and he turned out to be quite interested.

Finally! Iā€™m suddenly excited :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Keep us posted :slight_smile: Does the lock perchance work with Desfire2?

@coma, not to be that guy, but can we see your chest again?

Iā€™m curious how its healing.

2 Likes

Iā€™m totally fine with ā€œthese guysā€, donā€™t worry :wink:
Okay, here it is again, though it hasnā€™t changed much - it feels a lot better now, on day 2 and 3 the itching was nearly unbearable (especially at night, kept me nice awake, that little babyā€¦), now itā€™s day 5, the itching is almost gone, the pain is gone as long as I donā€™t poke it, there is no more wound fluid, and in two days I can start annoying it with lemon-and-sugar special care :smile:
Only - totally expected - problem: My skin hates tape. Iā€™ve got a nice red frame around my design now^^

4 Likes

That is so cool looking. So how do they achieve such deep precise cuts? Is it just a tattoo gun with no ink? A dull scalpel?