The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Iā€™d use 1Kb NDEF and 1Kb encrypted storage.

2 Likes

Right, so BioCom already has the option to write PGP encrypted text to a tag using OpenKeychainā€™s implementation of OpenPGP, so the next thing is like to do with BioCom is provide multi-record support, so you could do something like what you described. Itā€™ll require a bit of a rework, but I think I have the general design layout figured out, so itā€™s just a matter of free-time. Plus, it may be a minute before I get to it, as I really want to get the DangerousNFC rework done before I do too much more with BioCom.

1 Like

Computer storage space is like houses: the bigger it is, the more you fill it up and it always ends up crowded anyway.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s the truth. I just took the risk and removed the old 8KB NDEF emulator applet on my Flex One Beta and replaced it with a 16KB version last week. Itā€™s now 11KB fullā€¦

I swear I thought Iā€™d never fill up my 1TB hard drive now Iā€™m 2TB deep and have to buy another very soon.

1 Like

Thats cute try a 36tb raid array :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Thatā€™s hot. I mean didnā€™t LMG fill up their Petabyte project in something like 1.5-2 years?

Yeah they got 3 now right?

How much space is there on that chip in total?

Roughly yes. Give or take the storage taken up by the arrays or whatever else. Iā€™m not versed in raid so Iā€™ve no idea how much that would take up

I donā€™t believe fully healed skin tunnels will close up, only shrink (at least thatā€™s my experience with my PA). My left nip never healed and closed within days of removing the ring. Just for grins I slid a 10g CBR back into my PA three days ago. I could probably replace it with a 8g since PAs seem to just keep stretching naturally from the weight of the jewelry and normal activities.

If I remember correctly, the SmartMX2 P60 that the Flex One Beta contains has a total memory capacity of 144 Kilobytes.

I think the Apex has around 350KB.

Wow, thatā€™s a lot of memory. It must take a while to transfer it all over NFC.

Honestly, for the NDEF emulator applet, itā€™s pretty much instantaneous. I would be hard pressed to see a difference in transmission time between the 16KB record and the 868 bytes record on my flexNT.

The base speed for NFC is 106 kb/s. Thatā€™s 11.7 kB/s. So even assuming your chip stays at base speed, itā€™ll only take 1.4s. Itā€™s not that long, but definitely longer than the 0.1s it takes for 868 bytes. And I believe you donā€™t see a difference because your chip probably negotiate higher bitrates.

144 kB thoughā€¦ thatā€™s 12s at base speed.

Consider though the overhead of having to select memory in segments. It takes longer, like copying 10,000 tiny little files taking up 1gb vs a single 1gb file streamā€¦ the tiny files take a lot lot more time.

Is it even possible to allocate the entire memory for user storage purposes on those chips?

Some is used for rom mask options and OS but the rest sure.

To be clear the ndef applet can provision huge ndef space technically speakingā€¦ vivokey.com/ndef ā€¦ and I had configured a 32k option at one time, but on the p60 it would literally time-out trying to create the space.

So I shouldnā€™t hope for a rfid equivalent of an implantable external drive :frowning: