The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Iā€™d use 1Kb NDEF and 1Kb encrypted storage.

3 Likes

Right, so BioCom already has the option to write PGP encrypted text to a tag using OpenKeychainā€™s implementation of OpenPGP, so the next thing is like to do with BioCom is provide multi-record support, so you could do something like what you described. Itā€™ll require a bit of a rework, but I think I have the general design layout figured out, so itā€™s just a matter of free-time. Plus, it may be a minute before I get to it, as I really want to get the DangerousNFC rework done before I do too much more with BioCom.

1 Like

Computer storage space is like houses: the bigger it is, the more you fill it up and it always ends up crowded anyway.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s the truth. I just took the risk and removed the old 8KB NDEF emulator applet on my Flex One Beta and replaced it with a 16KB version last week. Itā€™s now 11KB fullā€¦

I swear I thought Iā€™d never fill up my 1TB hard drive now Iā€™m 2TB deep and have to buy another very soon.

2 Likes

Thats cute try a 36tb raid array :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s hot. I mean didnā€™t LMG fill up their Petabyte project in something like 1.5-2 years?

1 Like

Yeah they got 3 now right?

1 Like

How much space is there on that chip in total?

1 Like

Roughly yes. Give or take the storage taken up by the arrays or whatever else. Iā€™m not versed in raid so Iā€™ve no idea how much that would take up

1 Like

I donā€™t believe fully healed skin tunnels will close up, only shrink (at least thatā€™s my experience with my PA). My left nip never healed and closed within days of removing the ring. Just for grins I slid a 10g CBR back into my PA three days ago. I could probably replace it with a 8g since PAs seem to just keep stretching naturally from the weight of the jewelry and normal activities.

1 Like

If I remember correctly, the SmartMX2 P60 that the Flex One Beta contains has a total memory capacity of 144 Kilobytes.

I think the Apex has around 350KB.

Wow, thatā€™s a lot of memory. It must take a while to transfer it all over NFC.

1 Like

Honestly, for the NDEF emulator applet, itā€™s pretty much instantaneous. I would be hard pressed to see a difference in transmission time between the 16KB record and the 868 bytes record on my flexNT.

The base speed for NFC is 106 kb/s. Thatā€™s 11.7 kB/s. So even assuming your chip stays at base speed, itā€™ll only take 1.4s. Itā€™s not that long, but definitely longer than the 0.1s it takes for 868 bytes. And I believe you donā€™t see a difference because your chip probably negotiate higher bitrates.

144 kB thoughā€¦ thatā€™s 12s at base speed.

1 Like

Consider though the overhead of having to select memory in segments. It takes longer, like copying 10,000 tiny little files taking up 1gb vs a single 1gb file streamā€¦ the tiny files take a lot lot more time.

Is it even possible to allocate the entire memory for user storage purposes on those chips?

1 Like

Some is used for rom mask options and OS but the rest sure.

To be clear the ndef applet can provision huge ndef space technically speakingā€¦ vivokey.com/ndef ā€¦ and I had configured a 32k option at one time, but on the p60 it would literally time-out trying to create the space.

So I shouldnā€™t hope for a rfid equivalent of an implantable external drive :frowning: