The doNExT is in

not sure yet… but probably no

Yeah okay, not a problem. Serving 128K of data is quite a step up from 868 bytes. Good nuff for my purpose.

Hey lookie here what I found from our French friends:

And from our UK friends also:

https://labs.ksec.co.uk/product/magic-ntag-21x-ntag-i2c-mifare-ultralight-ev1-compatible-tag/

Looks like I can order me one and start playing before getting the flexMN :slight_smile: Also, a good platform to test things on before after the flexMN is implanted, to test things without fucking up the implant.

is right.

Yep I am just hoping that it’s for real and not like those hacked SD cards that say they have 128GB of space but corrupt after writing just over 16GB of data…

Yep same chip I am guessing… so far I only know of one magic ntag chip that all these cards and fobs use

Normally I would have sent you to KSEC, but their price is a little higher unfortunately

https://labs.ksec.co.uk/product/magic-ntag-21x-ntag-i2c-mifare-ultralight-ev1-compatible-tag/

Normally I would have posted that myself, but to be honest, I didn’t think of going there to check. Just posted the first thing that popped out of DDG :slight_smile:

Hehe yes, I have one of those fake USB memory fobs here from way back when: it says 2G on it, but there’s only 128M of actual memory. When you write beyond that, it loops and overwrites the beginning :slight_smile:

They would be my preferred European supplier normally.

Yeah Lab401 is usually more expensive, and almost always less helpful. KSEC is my supplier of choice and I’ll pay extra or wait to get stuff from them.

Searching “magic ntag” on the Proxmark forum yield quite a lot of resources. Neat chip. Apparently it’s been supported by the Iceman fork since 2017. Now trying to find out if it’s pretend or real memory space…

2 Likes

Well I can’t find nothing nowhere, but my gut tells me it only identifies as a 128K. I reckon the only way to find out is ordering a card and trying it out.

At any rate, it seems it’s at least good enough to provide the same functionalities as a genuine NTAG216 - and then some, since it’s magic-writable even if it’s locked. Meaning the flexMN will not be a step down from the flexNExT - provided the range is fairly identical. So that’s good.

It seems fairly brickable too if you fuck up the BCC, but that’s to be expected I guess.

So, goody goody. I like the idea overall.

I’ll order a couple of magic NTAG cards after I pull the trigger on the flexMN - meaning after the crowdfunding is announced. No sense in ordering those expensive cards otherwise. Also, I have other shit I’m waiting on from KSEC, so with any luck I’ll be able to add the cards to the same order.

I’m not sure about this either… it seems that say, if you set a password for an NTAG216 emulation of 01020304 and then want to wipe it or change the tag type, you need to provide that password. Not sure how it works for desfire since desfire works based on file types and each file can get its own keys etc. … i mean I really would be shocked if the desfire emulation properly supported all those real desfire functions… shocked I tell you… SHOCKED!

coming soon. the goal is to announce later tonight or tomorrow… gotta get this out the door asap before breaking for christmas / new years… campaign will wrap after and I’ll be placing the chip order and getting to work.

2 Likes

currently unlisted but will be published with the campaign

5 Likes

now i remember why I would be shocked… it doesn’t emulate DESFire… the first two chip types are UL_EV1 … Ultralight. Simple memory structure (same structure as NTAG actually)… very easy to emulate.

I do remember there are DESFire emulator chips out there, but I have seen no solid data on their stability or feature set, and I also remember they do not support any of the file storage feature sets that DESFire chips do… none of the crypto… it just looks like a DESFire, and you can change the UID.

+1 for that!!

Awessome chip regardless!!!

Got yourself a customer already! especially if it comes wedge-shaped!!

1 Like

also… @anon3825968… more bad news…

Once I realized these were Ultralight and not DESFire, the memory sizes made no sense… tested… confirmed… 48 bytes and 128 bytes… both legit memory sizes for real Ultralight EV1 tags.

–==–

1 Like

Now it all makes sense :wink:

Okay so it looks like it’s a nice hackable NTAG216 as far as I’m concerned. Works for me.

Just take my money already :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have updated iceman on the One Time Pad and chip type listing errors in the script and he’s updating.

I’m curious: is that coil you used for the magic NTAG chip pre-made or hand wound?

pre-made… hand wound coils typically look like donkey bottoms.

1 Like