The doNExT is in

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

I think I’m not having much luck shaming you into anything am I? :slight_smile:

Am I the only one that secretly hopes @coma has been catfishing rosco?

3 Likes

Nope

Nope

1 Like

Nah, I’m not - and I’m pretty sure Rosco knows that there is no way this ever turns into something “serious”, so I’m not fishing for anything here :wink:
I just like to talk about such stuff from time to time, and I like his open-minded way of thinking :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s a letdown :slight_smile:

Are you comparing me to a cod in need of keeping fresh? :slight_smile:

Pffff, not sure Mrs. Rosco would be happy about this :stuck_out_tongue:

And hey, I like talking to you - that’s quite a big compliment from someone like me!^^

1 Like

Simp

Edit: Is joke.

Yeah that much is true. I doubt it actually.

Taken as such.

That wasn’t strictly true: it still kind of is, if I push just juuuust at the right spot with the right force, I can wake it up.

Pretty neat thing to play with during meetings at work actually. But I’m afraid my colleagues will start noticing the correlation between my dead goldfish face and the blinking lights when I start getting bored shitless :slight_smile:

Here’s a video of me being bored shitless:

2 Likes

flexMN

Not quite… flexMN = flexMagicNTAG (and T5577 for good measure)

… and yes, blinkies can be added…

Tag emulation

Tag emulation modes included are:

• UL_EV1 48k
  • UL_EV1 128k
  • NTAG 210
  • NTAG 212 (Native emulation)
  • NTAG 213 (Native emulation)
  • NTAG 215 (Native emulation)
  • NTAG 216
  • NTAG I2C 1K
  • NTAG I2C 2K
  • NTAG I2C 1K Plus
  • NTAG I2C 2K Plus

That enough NTAG for ya @anon3825968 ?

Funding

This is a super expensive chip for me to get… so we are going to crowdfund in batches for this guy.

Official post and more details coming soon, to be posted to the official announcement category.

12 Likes

Ohhhh, I was soooooo close :wink:

Also AWESOME chip!!!

Will you be offering these in Wedge format also?

1 Like

This and also, ev1 emulation? Does that mean it could set a uid for a system that uses desfire but only the uid?

FYI that is the Ultra Light EV1
Different from the DESFire EV1

wedge format is also changing… getting smaller… less wedgey… but more on that later… so right now the answer is… possibly.

2 Likes

possibly… more testing is needed. it seems not all the native features of each chip type are supported so it depends on how thoroughly the application is probing the chip.

:exploding_head:

2 Likes

Hmm yes, that is a doozie. Nice work!

I have a few questions if you don’t mind:

• Do you have big hands or does it look slightly smaller in diameter than the flexNExT. Thinking of how I can reuse my already larger pocket here - specifically how blinkies could be arranged as anti-rotation tabs.
  • So the chip is a DESFire EV2, correct?
  • Before I hit the spec sheet, do you have to specify the emulation mode you want at order time or can it be reprogrammed later on?
  • Is it provisionned? If so, whose master key with, and can it be ordered unprovisionned?

And before you post the crowdfunding announcement, you got yourself a customer here :slight_smile:

Good work man. Very good work. Just the announcement is like a Christmas present.

its smaller… 33mm… same size as flexMT

no it is a chinese “magic” chip for ntag and desfire emulation

reprogrammed… video coming shortly.

defaults to ntag213 with default FFFFFF password

:slight_smile:

1 Like

So it pretends to be a DESFire for the sole purpose of serving a big-ass NDEF - but without actual crypto functions, is that it? :slight_smile:

1 Like