The doNExT is in

Unless you want to go all SDR, there’s not much point in avoiding the PN53x chip to design a reader - meaning there’s not much point in designing a reader from the gound up at all. There are plenty of open-source PN53x reader boards out there.

What’s sorely lacking is high performance antennae dedicated to implant use. If I was you, I’d just design a great antenna to go with, say, the NFC Arduino shield. Possibly an amplified front-end and a custom plastic casing. Less work, and the software is already there.

cough Pn7462 cough

2 Likes

Hmm, now I think I need to see a doc, and sooner rather than later.

When I bend my hand down all the way, and then bend my index finger all the way also, the implant comes with it and I feel tugging in my wrist. In other words, tendon adherence :frowning: If I bend all the way a few times, it releases and then the implant stays put. But an hour later, it starts tugging when I try it again.

Whatever is invading the top of the implant must be invading the underside also. Dammit…

Not ideal mate, but yes, It does sound like doctor time.
Nobody can say you didn’t give it a chance…

Hope it all goes well !

I’m on the verge of getting it out. I’ll keep releasing it until I go see the doc tomorrow. If I feel it might loosen up just by exercizing like that, maybe I won’t. If it doesn’t or if it gets any worse, the price will become too high.

I think we are all curious as to what is happening under your skin, If they do open it up, at least we will get that question answered.

Just a thought I had when reading one of your previous updates, around an ultrasound treatment, like what they use to break down blood clots for DVT etc…
I really don’t know anything about it or if it would be suitable… but ?maybe? something to look at???

I think Amal has turned the mind control transmitter knob too high :slight_smile:

I’ll see what the doc says tomorrow. In all likeliness, he’ll prescribe an emergency removal. That’s what I’d do in his place. But maybe he’ll want to probe with ultrasounds and whatnot first.

I wish you the best of luck.

1 Like

Wow, the implant has turned 15/20 degrees all of the sudden.
It’s definitely getting pulled by something moving underneath.

Aaand… I’ve realigned the blinkies with a few choices moves of my wrist. Handy :slight_smile:

Best of luck to you! Maybe you can bring back some photos of the removal procedure?

Well, I’m having second thoughts about that.

The first reason is this: I’ve been planning on getting some kind of direct muscle attachment implant for a long time (a magnet was my original idea), but I’ve been putting it off for years, because… well, it’s seriously unsafe. If, by some random chance, the doNExT is getting attached to my index finger’s extensor, I’d have exactly what I’ve always wanted as a bonus.

The second reason is, while rotating my wrist to release the adherence, something snapped free - which led to the sudden movement of the implant. Not that my finger movements were restricted in any way before, but I can’t feel no pull no more. And it seems to be staying that way. But the implant does rotate if I perform a particular series of wrist movement - and quite a bit too: I can rotate it a full 120 degrees in under a minute.

So, I’ll go see the doc tomorrow for his advice, but maybe I’ll leave the implant be if I don’t detect any hint of movement impairement in my hand. Perhaps instead of being a liability, it might be the gift that keeps on giving: I’d get that new machine interfacing possibility I’ve always planned on getting, and I wouldn’t have to go see a shady doctor in Russia to get it :slight_smile:

I just hope Amal isn’t too correct when he says nothing sticks to his magic polymer, because if the doNExT is attaching itself to the tendon, I’d rather it did it nicely and securely.

This is the reason we want to make our own - iso15693 support. Spark 1 is ISO 15693… but also something else we are working on is too. We need a reader that supports both and has a great read range with all types of transponder designs.

1 Like

Won’t anything SDK on the market fit the bill? If not, okay, I see why you want to roll your own.

I certainly can lend a hand if you’d like.

1 Like

Hell… hadn’t time to visit the forums until now, and see what I’ve missed!
@anon3825968 - hope everything is going well with your implant, I’m really curious to what the doc might say. I think ultrasound might be interesting, just to find out whats happening around your doNExT… But it’s so strange that the implant seems to stick to a tendon - I never ever heard of any implant doing such stuff. If it really does (and if it doesn’t stay loose after your last “snapping free”), it might be a bad idea to keep it in, as it might irritate the tendon over time - that’s painful, annoying and might lead to some damage. On the other hand, if it stays free now, it might be all fine :woman_shrugging:

You knew I just have to jump in on that, don’t you? :stuck_out_tongue:
Easy and universally understood (if you ever happen to… “stumble” into a situation where a safeword might be needed :wink: ) is the colour-code of green (all okay), yellow (slow down) and red (stop immediately). Not very creative, but it works, and I think everyone on earth who might engage in such things (or casual intercourse^^) should know that code.

The implant is (weakly) stuck to something, as I can spin it around just by wiggling my index with my wrist bend in a certain position. And it slowly goes back to its original position when I stop (it’s gone back 120 degrees clockwise since I posted the update to the timelapse).

I think it’s whatever the hell is growing around the implant that’s invading everything. That’s what concerns me: if it gets too invasive, it’ll start interfering with my arm’s mechanical bits. And that’s Not Good[tm]. But so far, everything seems to be working freely again.

The good doctor will probably have a more enlightened opinion.

My hunch if that there might be scar tissue attached to the tendon or balled up in such a way that it leverages it without actually being attached… but nothing is going to attach to the implant itself… not unless your tissue is super human.

1 Like

Yeah, it looks more like a ratcheting action than anything else. I was afraid you’d say that: I was kinda hoping the mechanical connection between the implant and my moving bits would become more direct.

1 Like

I might get you wrong, but wouldn’t that require the tendon to be injured? The only scar tissue near my implants is the cut itself, and if it would grow inwards from there, Rosco would surely notice that - but he said it started on the implant itself, and I’m not sure how scar tissue could get to that spot… :thinking:

The tendons in the back of my hand, well in front of my wrist and the implant, did feel bruised for over a week. I attributed that to the roughness of the skin lifting process. It was fairly brutal after all.

Any updates @anon3825968 ?
Did you go to the doc? or any improvements?